Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2007, 07:52 AM

4,829 posts, read 7,731,151 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
You are mistaken - "my side" make clear the distinctions between legal and illegal all the time

So no, I won't give you a "fricking break"
Really? every time i hear them complain is about mexicans, deport them back to mexico, every one who speaks spanish in a store with his friends is an illegal etc. I could go on and on. Your side clearly makes no distinction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2007, 07:52 AM

26,688 posts, read 41,593,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Innocent american citizens will suffer too if they lose the right to operate their business. You don't seem to care and think about those americans who would be out of a job do you?
if they were REAL americans they would make sure that not one illegal even got consideriation at their company in the first place.

Old 12-25-2007, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Let me ask you something - and think logically before answering: How many incidents of a business losing their license to do business do you think it will take before other such businesses sit up and take notice?

I suggest to you that all it will take is one or two -

As we say in the law - "You do not EVER want to be a test case"
You clearly don't think about your fellow american citizens who would lose their jobs in these cases.

Old 12-25-2007, 07:54 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,172,642 times
Quote:
Really? every time i hear them complain is about mexicans, deport them back to mexico, every one who speaks spanish in a store with his friends is an illegal etc. I could go on and on. Your side clearly makes no distinction.
To the contrary -

But alas, you obviously do not want to know the truth

Old 12-25-2007, 07:55 AM

Quote:
You clearly don't think about your fellow american citizens who would lose their jobs in these cases.
To the contrary - but again, I suggest that it will not be very many Legal residents AND AMERICAN CITIZENS who will lose their jobs

Old 12-25-2007, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
if they were REAL americans they would make sure that not one illegal even got consideriation at their company in the first place.
How are they going to do that? They don't do the hiring do they? I am not talking about employers i'm talking about the american employees.

Old 12-25-2007, 07:58 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,040,157 times
Quote:
Why so happy about that? What if you had a job at a company and they hired ONE illegal immigrant and they lost their license? You think all the other AMERICANS who worked there will still have a job?
Said disgruntled employee would have nothing to lose.......

Hint, hint to the crooked employers---------toe the line or else.

Old 12-25-2007, 08:00 AM

Quote:
How are they going to do that? They don't do the hiring do they? I am not talking about employers i'm talking about the american employees.
Depending upon the type of job situation though, I can envision where employees can control, at least somewhat, the situation.

One would be those who are part of a Union - making sure that the contract with the employer clearly states that no illegals would be hired. And, if a worker is suspected to be an illegal, the employees would have a vehicle to report such suspicions

Old 12-25-2007, 08:05 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,040,157 times
Yeppers; gang, the more victories, both moral as well as legal the anti immigrant crowd win---------the more strident the rhetoric seems to be from the other side

Unlike like the Civil Rights movement 2 generations ago for Black Americans-------the inverse in public opinion is occurring towards the illegals. Attitudes are hardening in other words against the latter.

Last edited by ArizonaBear; 12-25-2007 at 08:23 AM.. Reason: Incorrect word throwing off the whole sentence's meaning

Old 12-25-2007, 08:16 AM

Just as aside, this, and other, conversations tend to focus on those in the US illegally from Mexico.

For the record, in AZ and NV, there are significant numbers of illegals from China, various countries in the Middle East, parts of the old Soviet Union and various countries in South America. This issue is not simply about Mexico.

In the case of Maricopa County AZ, the Sheriff has apprehended illegal immigrants from all of the countries / areas I have mentioned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration