U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2007, 08:58 AM

4,800 posts, read 7,687,743 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
It is a fact that the Mexicans willingly do dirty jobs that no Americans want. Could they be filled by Americans? Yes but the Americans would cost more and do less work. For labour jobs like these, the Mexican is a better employee and he works for less than Americans which means Americans pay less for the products and services the Mexicans produce. Also the Mexican is far less likely to call in sick on Monday and Friday, far less likely to complain about it being too hot or too cold or about working a bit of overtime. If you give the Mexican a cooler with ice water, he will work hard all day in the heat.
So these are traits that have evolved over the millennia in Mexicans alone? I've heard tell that plantation owners used to say the exact same things about their African American slaves.

If I were Mexican, I'd be highly insulted by your racist generalizations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2007, 10:10 AM

17,279 posts, read 24,961,305 times
I have a job that can basically never be "taken" by an illegal immigrant.

However, I do know people who HAVE been effected.

A friend of mine's brother had to leave his brand new baby and girlfriend 7 hours away with her parents while he works in the area. They just aren't hiring up where he is. He's a manual laborer...drywall installation, insulation, etc. etc... he's a hard worker, just not educated and let's face it, not everyone can become a doctor.

I asked him what he thinks would happen if all the illegal immigrants went away. He simply said very matter of factly, "The white guys will have their jobs back." He's a-political. He doesn't follow the immigration debates, and didn't appear to have any but his statement only re-affirmed what I already knew.

Old 12-25-2007, 10:19 AM

3,589 posts, read 2,972,613 times
Quote:
It is a fact that the Mexicans willingly do dirty jobs that no Americans want. Could they be filled by Americans? Yes but the Americans would cost more and do less work. For labour jobs like these, the Mexican is a better employee and he works for less than Americans which means Americans pay less for the products and services the Mexicans produce. Also the Mexican is far less likely to call in sick on Monday and Friday, far less likely to complain about it being too hot or too cold or about working a bit of overtime. If you give the Mexican a cooler with ice water, he will work hard all day in the heat.
It's because he's afraid to complain. Complainers strangle the golden goose. Complainers get deported.

Old 12-25-2007, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Well if you are doing those jobs, that is a choice YOU made. Either you chose not to get an education beyond high school or you chose to work with your hands. Most Americans do not do that. I worked at a car wash during 2 years of high school. I liked the job but it was unpleasant at times- especially when some rich old hag's poodle took a crap in the car and she brought it in for me to have to clean up in the middle of July in Wichita Kansas. But I did it. But once you become an adult such jobs do not appeal to you anymore and, with the USA being more prosperous and more weathy now than when I was in school, fewer and fewer high school students have to work to enjoy cars and cell phones. That only leaves the Mexicans to do with work.
Do you have any idea how racist that sounds?

Old 12-25-2007, 10:25 AM

1,735 posts, read 4,137,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
I keep hearing the argument about uneducated illegal immigrants stealing our jobs. So i want to know how many people here have lost their jobs to illegal immigrants. If so, what kind of job was it?
One job taken by an illegal is one too many. It doesn’t matter what kind of job it is.

If the 20 million number is correct then that is the minimum number of jobs taken from American workers.

Old 12-25-2007, 10:45 AM

2,257 posts, read 3,453,686 times
I love the way the 3.1 GPA economics major with a job selling Phamideuticals wants to come in here trying to analyze markets and talk over everyones head. Its simple stuff buddy, supply and demand. If you increase the supply of labor it drives down the price of said labor. The American labor force does not not include slaves from all over the world. Corporate America is going to have to learn to do business in this market or move the rest of their ***** over seas

I cant believe you are going to bring Computer programmers, software developers and outsourcing into the discussion without talking H1Bs. You see corporate America wants to import slaves to write code because as the poster said labor is the mot expensive factor of production. This applies to an even greater extent with programming which is all about the workers skills and abilities. So corporations are up in Washington claiming there is a shortage of programmers and engineers and lobbying to increase the number of H1B visas issued so they can have their slaves. The law however states specifically that the company must advertise the jobs and make sure there are no Americans that want or are qualified to do this work. So corporate America has hired Law firms that specialize in dodging and skirting the intent of these laws to actively exclude EDUCATED HARDWORKING American programmers from getting these jobs. Everything from how they write the adds to the interview process is designed to make sure Americans DO NOT get hired. There is a video on youtube of a lawyer from one of these firms teaching HR and recruiters at a seminar how to not hire Americans so they can improt their slaves, overwork them for a fraction of the pay, force them to live in dorm like apartments while charging exorbitant fees to the slave and the employer for the services the H1B provides

It funkin sickening and I am tired of Corporations in this country forcing hardworking americans to compete with imported slaves to feed their families at every level of the work force

Old 12-25-2007, 10:51 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCbFE...eature=related

Old 12-25-2007, 11:18 AM

1,900 posts, read 1,706,920 times
Quote:
Using that flawed reasoning; ALL people who are not 100% survivalists are traitors!
Traitors by your definition, perhaps not by anyone elses, however it is indisputable that those who purchase products produced in part by illegal labor and complain about illegal labor are hypocrites.

For your information, Most all vegetables, fruits, wine, meat is tended, produced, harvested, slaughtered and processed in part by illegal labor.

If you consume any of these products you are supporting illegal labor. I understand that you will rationalize your need to consume illegally produced products, but, recognize that you are acting against your own opinions.

Old 12-25-2007, 11:22 AM

I dont follow the logic or the point you are trying to make. Please elaborate and try to formulate a cogent coherant argument

Old 12-25-2007, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatbasinguide View Post
Traitors by your definition, perhaps not by anyone elses, however it is indisputable that those who purchase products produced in part by illegal labor and complain about illegal labor are hypocrites.

For your information, Most all vegetables, fruits, wine, meat is tended, produced, harvested, slaughtered and processed in part by illegal labor.

If you consume any of these products you are supporting illegal labor. I understand that you will rationalize your need to consume illegally produced products, but, recognize that you are acting against your own opinions.
Are we to starve, then? Can you tell us all where and who from we are to buy food?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration