U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-25-2007, 11:31 AM

902 posts, read 505,812 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nativeDallasite View Post
Are we to starve, then? Can you tell us all where and who from we are to buy food?
Do what we, and lots of other Americans do, grow your own. It really isn't that hard at all. There is another way though and that is to buy local and get to know your local farmers and just don't buy from any that employ illegals. Yes, it will cut down on the varieties and such that you consume but we did well long ago eating and consuming what was made in the local areas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2007, 11:34 AM

751 posts, read 845,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan61 View Post
I love the way the 3.1 GPA economics major with a job selling Phamideuticals wants to come in here trying to analyze markets and talk over everyones head. Its simple stuff buddy, supply and demand. If you increase the supply of labor it drives down the price of said labor. The American labor force does not not include slaves from all over the world. Corporate America is going to have to learn to do business in this market or move the rest of their ***** over seas
Companies do not want people like you because you are not a team player and I can tell you are a chronic complainer. Companies are looking for people with a "can do" attitude and you do not seem to have it. You are in need of experiencing a paradigm shift in your life, so that you can start to see things in a different way.

I spend a lot of time brainstorming with upper management and I hear through the grapevine that our company is desperate for employees that can bring in inter-departmental cross-functional synergies. Basically, employees that will bring about "win-win" situations are always going to be in high demand.

As far as "offshoring", the term is outdated, my friend! Companies are more focused than ever in creating "rightshoring" solutions, that is, finding the optimal mix of jobs in the USA and overseas with little to no disruption to the enterprise.

Last edited by lukeache; 12-25-2007 at 11:42 AM..

Old 12-25-2007, 11:41 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozark-Baby View Post
Do what we, and lots of other Americans do, grow your own. It really isn't that hard at all. There is another way though and that is to buy local and get to know your local farmers and just don't buy from any that employ illegals. Yes, it will cut down on the varieties and such that you consume but we did well long ago eating and consuming what was made in the local areas.
Like anything else; prices will spike to some degree but will then settle back down.

Frankly; if it means paying a tad more for Mexican grown produce tended by Mexicans that would be OK as well. I would much rather support SOB than, say, China------besides, being that NAFTA evidently hurt many of the small Mx farmers, maybe slightly higher prices would not be such a bad deal for all parties involved

Myself; I try to support small business as it is

Old 12-25-2007, 11:44 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeache View Post
Companies do not want people like you because you are not a team player and I can tell you are a chronic complainer. Companies are looking for people with a "can do" attitude and you do not seem to have it. You are in need of experiencing a paradigm shift in your life, so that you can start to see things in a different way.

I spend a lot of time brainstorming with upper management and I hear through the grapevine that our company is desperate for employees that can bring in inter-departmental cross-functional synergies. Basically, employees that will bring about "win-win" situations are always going to be in high demand.

As far as "offshoring", the term is outdated, my friend! Companies are more focused than ever in creating "rightshoring" solutions, that is, finding the optimum mix of jobs in the USA and overseas with little to no disruption to the enterprise.
That sort of arrogant condescending attitude works for a while; then it tends to blow up in the faces of the players involved.

More and more; I pay little credence to what your kind have to say.

Old 12-25-2007, 01:20 PM

1,900 posts, read 1,707,816 times
It is your choice as to what you will buy or not, I think it irrational to complain bitterly about a problem while supporting that problem, eh?

Old 12-25-2007, 02:37 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,016,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Well if you are doing those jobs, that is a choice YOU made. Either you chose not to get an education beyond high school or you chose to work with your hands.
Well, well, well, an elitist for sure,
After reviewing several other of your post its very clear you have an inherant disdain for the blue collar guy.
And why pray tell may that be?
Speaking of education, would you care to compare sheepskin.
As I did choose to advance beyond h9gh school. Again how disdainful an attitude.
What type of degree have you? Please tell me it is something more respectful than a degree in liberal social science and has progressed beyond an associates from some community college.
I am a CEO with 170 employees under my care. 22 million a year in operation cost and not a single illegal amongst them.
Also, my white, black, brown and yellow fellow employees do come in on Fridays and Mondays. They do dig ditches, scoop human crap, haul off trash, keep your water going and play nurse maid to your psychotic children.
They put out your fires, work in weather conditions that keep you at home. They DON'T complain about the heat, or the cold, or the rain, or the snow. They cut the grass, trim the trees, and a myriad of other things that an elitist, superior intellect would cringe at doing.
Geez....................

Old 12-25-2007, 03:33 PM

2,257 posts, read 3,454,145 times
I spend a lot of time brainstorming with upper management and I hear through the grapevine that our company is desperate for employees that can bring in inter-departmental cross-functional synergies. Basically, employees that will bring about "win-win"

LMMFAO that is the most incoherant line of gobbledy-gok ive heard in a long time. A 50 cent vocabulary never gets anything done. What your company needs is to downsize "upper management" who sit on their rumps "brainstormiong" about how to pass their workload off onto others

And quit making assumptions about my work ethic and attitude. I am a highly productive team player with an exemplary attitude who embodies the very "can-do" mantra you speak of. You know nothing about me, put a cork in it

Old 12-25-2007, 10:22 PM

3,589 posts, read 2,974,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozark-Baby View Post
No yard, no balcony, no front porch. Can't grow anything in here except dust.

Old 12-25-2007, 10:57 PM

8,240 posts, read 14,899,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Why so happy about that? What if you had a job at a company and they hired ONE illegal immigrant and they lost their license? You think all the other AMERICANS who worked there will still have a job?
Are you KIDDING?? The employer is breaking the law. Why does that not make sense to you?

Old 12-26-2007, 04:35 AM

12,870 posts, read 12,773,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
It is a fact that the Mexicans willingly do dirty jobs that no Americans want. Could they be filled by Americans? Yes but the Americans would cost more and do less work. For labour jobs like these, the Mexican is a better employee and he works for less than Americans which means Americans pay less for the products and services the Mexicans produce. Also the Mexican is far less likely to call in sick on Monday and Friday, far less likely to complain about it being too hot or too cold or about working a bit of overtime. If you give the Mexican a cooler with ice water, he will work hard all day in the heat.
you are constantly slamming the american worker, yet america is the country that has been built up by american workers to the point that the mexicans want to come here to work...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration