Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2007, 08:33 PM

2,260 posts, read 3,875,547 times

Advertisements

Whos complaining? Were all discussing the problems with our immigration policies and how to correct them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2007, 08:36 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,467,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatbasinguide View Post
Please reflect on my prior posts, and your prior posts and see how your answers in this last post do not reflect any understanding of what I wrote. You are modifying your answers to attempt a correlation with stand alone sentences, yet my sequence of posts was a coherent statement, please respond to that rather than simply type responses scarcely related.

I will respond to your last statement although your use of the term anchorbaby reflects a political position at odds with reality.

Read carefully; in the Capitalist system the difference between the cost of production and the value of the product is profit. It is in the interest of the Capitalists to have the cheapest cost of production. Since in the America economy the cheapest labor is that of llegals, the labor of illegals is sought. Thus illegal immigration into the country is supported by Capitalists and any attempt to restrict is suppressed by them. The anchor baby argument is irrelevant aside from it being an attempt to remain in the nation to serve.... you...
The woman who crosses the border illegally to give birth to an anchor baby is not responding to a 'need' for cheap labor. She may very well have no intention of working at all. She has an anchor baby to secure benefits for herself and the child and to make it more difficult to deport her. She comes here to 'serve' no one except herself at the expense of US taxpayers.
The fact that these people are here in violation of US immigration law seems perhaps to be totally lost on you.

Quote:
Since the cost of production by illegals is lower than by legals, the end result is cheaper products for..... you.
The end result is higher profits for the companies that hire illegals. This benefits me in no way. I am one of the people left picking up the tab for their education, health care,etc.

Quote:
Your job, which you won't do as it would inconvenience you, and the rest of the whiners, is to avoid using or buying products produced in part by illegal labor.
Do you not understand that people already avoid businesses which use illegal labor? The boycott of the Bank of (Latin) America was a direct response to their attmepts to curry favor with illegal aliens.

Quote:
Me, I accept the hypocrisy, illegal labor exists, both you and I and even Arizona Bear profit from it. You don't like it, but you profit by it while whining about it. I refuse to whine, and that is the difference between you and I.
How nice for you!

The losses myself and others experience because of illegal aliens far outstrip any benefits we reap.

Old 12-26-2007, 08:55 PM

supply & demand and profit margins are not the exclusive domain of the educated. Again whos complaining, we are discussing an issue as citizens, why the negative connotations

Old 12-26-2007, 10:25 PM

902 posts, read 714,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan61 View Post
supply & demand and profit margins are not the exclusive domain of the educated. Again whos complaining, we are discussing an issue as citizens, why the negative connotations
They are negative becaue the pro-illegal people are losing and they are getting ever more shrill as each state starts coming down on the illegals they love so much.

Old 12-26-2007, 10:26 PM

902 posts, read 714,616 times
Moderator cut: orphaned

AGREED!!!!! You will notice that there are a greater number lately in this group. Gotta love the fact that they know that they are losing.

Last edited by Synopsis; 12-27-2007 at 07:42 AM..

Old 12-26-2007, 10:28 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,296,382 times
Quote:
My guess is that you are not very educated, this may not be your fault, but it certainly makes it difficult for you ..
I would like to report that all of my teeth are intact and gapless.
Does that make me and educated elitist? Just askin donchaknow?

Old 12-26-2007, 10:52 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,467,054 times
Quote:
I am like a preacher in the midst of sinners, attempting to open your eyes to your sin. Only those who reflectively think about the problem will change. Those who are so enmeshed in the "badness" won't. They will continue walking in the self imposed darkness.

Like the street corner preacher, most here will continue in ignorance, but if I reach one person who can stop and say, I contribute to the problem, therefore I cannot complain. Then I have done my job.

Some of ya'll are like the cigarette smoker complaining about the smoke in a cafe, One never knows, perhaps even you shall see the light.

I have suggested a boycott of all companies using illegal labor, that hardly sounds pro illegal does it? Tell me it does, so that I can fall off my stool laughing.
A preacher in the midst of sinners, huh?
You freely admit that your family's farms in CA use illegal labor in another forum. This does not come as a surprise. Many pro-illegals either employ illegals or have family members who are illegal. Who are you going to call sinner now?

Old 12-27-2007, 06:23 AM

4,829 posts, read 7,734,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozark-Baby View Post
They are negative becaue the pro-illegal people are losing and they are getting ever more shrill as each state starts coming down on the illegals they love so much.
LOL, when the pro- immigration dems sweep the elections in 2008 ie more seats in the house, senate and the white house, we will see who'll be crying and laughing. When the republicans find out immigration is a non-factor in 2008 they will soften their stand and pass legalization.

Old 12-27-2007, 06:43 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,059,068 times
Yeppers; they are definitely becoming more shrill.

Oh well.

Memo to illegal immigrants 'rights' protesters: never fly any country's flag aside from Old Glory.

Uncle Sam is not amused

Old 12-27-2007, 07:02 AM

LOL, LOL

The whitehouse and congress have no say here. This is all happening at the state and municipal level as they enforce Federal law already on the books. Bush already tried to blow an amnesty by us and we shouted him down

The people are speaking

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
LOL, when the pro- immigration dems sweep the elections in 2008 ie more seats in the house, senate and the white house, we will see who'll be crying and laughing. When the republicans find out immigration is a non-factor in 2008 they will soften their stand and pass legalization.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration