U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2014, 01:28 AM

3,936 posts, read 5,447,388 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
At some point common sense has to prevail. I don't understand why people are so afraid of ridiculous federal government mandates such as this. As a principal, I would tell the aging "students" to get the heck off my school property and not come back until I am removed or they have a court order. I would not waste one precious resource dollar on that lunacy.

Now, I do understand it is Massachusetts, and they are committed to Obama. But since they are complaining about the aging "students," at some point common sense has to prevail, if for no other reason than to protect the young students who actually deserve to be there. It's freaking insane.
Unfortunatley, common sense does not prevail in situations regarding illegals. Remember this - Most of these kids are illegal & don't know much English, I heard on the news.

Texas Principal Ousted for Suggesting Students Speak English in Class | Fox News Insider
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2014, 07:22 AM

86,093 posts, read 69,881,813 times
The FedGov has gotten their control over states via the power of the almighty dollar and the strong arm of the DOJ.

It's not the Dept of Education sending out these "Dear Colleague" letters..it's the DOJ.

"Do what we say or we'll hold back your money and/or take you to jail"

Old 08-30-2014, 07:32 AM

9,191 posts, read 18,519,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
It's all due to Plyler vs. Doe. Read it and weep---it makes me weep

Plyler v. Doe - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Yep, old ruling by an idiot judge that has helped ruin US school districts.

It has made me sick for YEARS. These parasitic freeloaders should either pay tuition (since the US seems unwilling to deport them, as they should, by law) or go back HOME to go to school.

Old 08-30-2014, 07:37 AM

31,472 posts, read 14,565,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
Yep, old ruling by an idiot judge that has helped ruin US school districts.

It has made me sick for YEARS. These parasitic freeloaders should either pay tuition (since the US seems unwilling to deport them, as they should, by law) or go back HOME to go to school.
Agreed. No way should we be educating illegal aliens in our country. Even if they do pay taxes via their rent for education their presence here overcrowds our schools and they require special attention because they don't speak English. We are constantly having to build new schools to accommodate them.

Old 08-30-2014, 07:37 AM

18,794 posts, read 13,579,606 times
It's good to know that I could still go back to high school, but no thanks.

Old 08-30-2014, 07:55 AM

8,063 posts, read 3,621,800 times
Default Secure and Deport!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Yup..gray hair and wrinkles yet they are "children" according to DHS who processed them.
And so they must be allowed to register for public school.

Last year one illegal minor student turned out to be 35 years old.

And there is nothing the schools can do about it because the Fed mandated they be allowed in the schools with zero documentation except for the permiso that DHS issued them.

Mayor: Adult Illegal Aliens With 'Graying' Hair Enrolled in Public Schools | CNS News

We should have a Policy that our friends from Australia. If you enter the US Illegal that interloper will never become eligible for any kind of status. Period.

Old 08-30-2014, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
We should have a Policy that our friends from Australia. If you enter the US Illegal that interloper will never become eligible for any kind of status. Period.
About the only thing that is really going to work is shooting on sight those who try to cross illegally.

Old 08-30-2014, 08:32 AM

31,472 posts, read 14,565,596 times
Quote:
About the only thing that is really going to work is shooting on sight those who try to cross illegally.

I disagree. What we should do is put an electrified fence up so that they would receive a zap (non-fatal) when they try to enter our country illegally. It would be a deterrent to them.

Old 08-30-2014, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I disagree. What we should do is put an electrified fence up so that they would receive a zap (non-fatal) when they try to enter our country illegally. It would be a deterrent to them.
They'd find another way--digging under, etc.

I'm not an advocate of shooting on sight, but I can't think of anything else that would really work.

Some of the crossings are very, very blatant, and even though they are monitored by camera, many get away because the BP doesn't get there quickly enough.

Old 08-30-2014, 10:11 AM

8,063 posts, read 3,621,800 times
Default Levels of Security!

Quote:
They'd find another way--digging under, etc.

I'm not an advocate of shooting on sight, but I can't think of anything else that would really work.

Some of the crossings are very, very blatant, and even though they are monitored by camera, many get away because the BP doesn't get there quickly enough.

Shooting on sight is only the last step in stopping the Flood of Illegal Trespassers from crossing the US South Border. They do not care or respect American Law and only have one goal in mind .

Come to America!

There should be a complete fence in place and a none lethal dose of zap! Then have security teams in place with medical assess to stop and if required use lethal force. We are not strictly speaking to the average Illegal crosser, but the smugglers as well. Which in some cases well armed.

Last week Border Patrol had a fire fight with smugglers from Mexico. Rick Perry is not far off in having National Guard Units Patrol the Boarder. We have experience combat troops who are trained in this role.

Eyes on the border and visible security goes a long way.

Fast turned around of Illegals is the key and should be turn in 72 hours or less. The Cost should be billed back to the country or origin or deduction made from any aid package we may offer. Western Justice if you will.

Once the border is secured completely, then we can have a cool conversation on reforming or just plain enforce our Laws as it concerns American Law.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration