U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2014, 10:13 AM

86,093 posts, read 69,881,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
They'd find another way--digging under, etc.

I'm not an advocate of shooting on sight, but I can't think of anything else that would really work.

Some of the crossings are very, very blatant, and even though they are monitored by camera, many get away because the BP doesn't get there quickly enough.
Actually the Feds found tunnels that led from Mexico to a very nice houses in US suburban neighborhoods in California.

Two drug smuggling tunnels discovered under U.S.-Mexico border - NY Daily News

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/05/us...at-border.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2014, 10:17 AM

9,191 posts, read 18,519,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Actually the Feds found tunnels that led from Mexico to a very nice houses in US suburban neighborhoods in California.

And also in AZ. Easy and FAST. I believe that the last video I saw on that was in Nogales.

Old 08-30-2014, 10:21 AM

9,191 posts, read 18,519,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
Shooting on sight is only the last step in stopping the Flood of Illegal Trespassers from crossing the US South Border. They do not care or respect American Law and only have one goal in mind .

Come to America!

There should be a complete fence in place and a none lethal dose of zap! Then have security teams in place with medical assess to stop and if required use lethal force. We are not strictly speaking to the average Illegal crosser, but the smugglers as well. Which in some cases well armed.

Last week Border Patrol had a fire fight with smugglers from Mexico. Rick Perry is not far off in having National Guard Units Patrol the Boarder. We have experience combat troops who are trained in this role.

Eyes on the border and visible security goes a long way.

Fast turned around of Illegals is the key and should be turn in 72 hours or less. The Cost should be billed back to the country or origin or deduction made from any aid package we may offer. Western Justice if you will.

Once the border is secured completely, then we can have a cool conversation on reforming or just plain enforce our Laws as it concerns American Law.
Very much agree. Also.....

Enforce existing laws--and most importantly, immediately deport ALL known illegals. I don't care if they were brought here as children or what their situation was/is. Hunt them down and send them home.

No amnesty of any kind. Period. No free public education. No dream act. No in-state tuition for them--or anything else.

Old 08-30-2014, 12:38 PM

31,482 posts, read 14,565,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post

There are tunnel detectors to stop that also.

Old 08-31-2014, 05:23 AM

8,063 posts, read 3,621,800 times
Default Tunnels

This goes back to the National Guard. Army Corp of Engineers can execute this mission well in finding and destroying these tunnels.

What is worrisome is it takes coordinated resources and labor in constructing such a very detailed tunnel system.
This is not your average interloper. I can guarantee the reader here that the US Gov. and Border Patrol knows exactly where this is coming from and is not releasing this information.

Old 08-31-2014, 05:29 AM

8,063 posts, read 3,621,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
Very much agree. Also.....

Enforce existing laws--and most importantly, immediately deport ALL known illegals. I don't care if they were brought here as children or what their situation was/is. Hunt them down and send them home.

No amnesty of any kind. Period. No free public education. No dream act. No in-state tuition for them--or anything else.
Exactly, Isolate cut any public funding and deportation in 72 hours. If a legalized immigrant is in concern tin housing of helping they lose their citizenship and get deported as well. this may indeed take longer than 72 hours,
But we have to eliminate the save haven here for those who cross illegal.

Old 08-31-2014, 08:44 AM

3,844 posts, read 5,104,740 times
Did you hear about the one in Lynne, MA who showed up to enroll in school, and included in his paperwork was a warrant for his arrest? He didn't know that's what it was because he couldn't read. Just thought it was some documentation with his photo and info.

They called the police, who contacted ICE, who then......let him go. True story.

We are screwed.

Old 08-31-2014, 08:57 AM

673 posts, read 552,131 times
Quote:
This goes back to the National Guard. Army Corp of Engineers can execute this mission well in finding and destroying these tunnels.

What is worrisome is it takes coordinated resources and labor in constructing such a very detailed tunnel system.
This is not your average interloper. I can guarantee the reader here that the US Gov. and Border Patrol knows exactly where this is coming from and is not releasing this information.
The BP knows and have stated that the crossings have escalated from your typical "coyote" to the more advanced tactics of the drug cartels, as well as their partnership with various terrorist groups.

Just why our admin has not put this issue on the front burner of our national security is puzzling, at the very least.

Quote:
Exactly, Isolate cut any public funding and deportation in 72 hours. If a legalized immigrant is in concern tin housing of helping they lose their citizenship and get deported as well. this may indeed take longer than 72 hours,
But we have to eliminate the save haven here for those who cross illegal.
Agreed.
Back to the OP, these illegal "children" (and adults!) have not only been given free education, but other assistance as well.

They are given translators, extra tutelage, as well as free therapy by the ISD's physical therapists, speech therapists, and occupational therapists on OUR tax dollar! (several friends are in the admin or are therapists in Texas school districts- this is first-hand info).

They are furious, but cannot protest, for fear of sounding racist and losing their jobs. Another rock and a hard place....

thank you,
Dandiday

Old 09-01-2014, 09:36 PM

29,580 posts, read 31,907,081 times
Where does anything say a school "can't ask someone's age"? I can't seem to find that.

Old 09-03-2014, 04:34 AM

410 posts, read 934,668 times
This is the most ridiculous thread of misinformation I've ever read. First of all, CNS is not a reputable source, same with many other sources cited and linked here. And I work in schools. We ask the age of students all the time. 35-year-old people are not allowed to got to school with kids. How in the world can anyone believe all this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration