Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2014, 07:53 AM

1,701 posts, read 1,108,086 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess5 View Post
Not allowed to ask their ages? Since when? My kids had to show 2 different official forms with their address on them, birth certificate, shot record, and their ages down to the day. They would write down 5 years, 3 months, 21 days. And their ages were on certain tests they did, down to the day. This is so ridiculous. Oh, and they also had to take a test to see if they are ready for school, or not. If not, the parents had to hold them back a year. There are also certain tests they have to take every year before they move up. They have to show they know a certain amount of each class in high school. I wonder how the government will work this out.

Of course a 35 year old isn't going to school with teenagers. What's the truant officer going to do to these adults who don't show up for school? Warn their parents? What a joke.
This is the price you pay for being an American. Seeing as how illegals are getting everything an American gets, and more, when they learn that they will have to follow by the rules they might turn down amnesty and remain illegal. What will the government do, deport them? Not going to happen.

I would pull my child(ren) out of school in a heartbeat and home school if there was a "35 year old child" as her classmate. Will this "child" be in the locker room when kids are changing for gym and sports?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2014, 03:08 PM

671 posts, read 690,427 times
Default Sick of the entitlements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Yup..gray hair and wrinkles yet they are "children" according to DHS who processed them.
And so they must be allowed to register for public school.

Last year one illegal minor student turned out to be 35 years old.

And there is nothing the schools can do about it because the Fed mandated they be allowed in the schools with zero documentation except for the permiso that DHS issued them.

Mayor: Adult Illegal Aliens With 'Graying' Hair Enrolled in Public Schools | CNS News
Soooooo disgusted with this continued "kid glove" handling of illegals and continued entitlements. Now we can't question age? What about the safety of OUR kids? Not to mention the taxes we pay for education. So, now we're in the business of educating the world who slips in through our open floodgate borders???

Reminds me of the facility I used to work for...free everything given to the illegals. Free medical care, medications, food, housing and utility vouchers.

We weren't "allowed" to ask them anything - most importantly, their citizenship status. Nor where they lived.
Yet, when OUR citizens needed this medical care and other assistance, this same facility would ask where they lived (if these said citizens, um, looked white or black), and would refuse service based on an artificial "catchment area". Double standard here, most def.

Very subjective, very biased, very pro-illegal. Dare I say racist?

Oh, the irony of it all.

Dandiday

Old 08-29-2014, 05:25 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 26 days ago)

27,643 posts, read 16,125,463 times
what are ANY illegal aliens doing in our schools?

Old 08-29-2014, 06:18 PM

22,469 posts, read 11,990,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
what are ANY illegal aliens doing in our schools?

It's all due to Plyler vs. Doe. Read it and weep---it makes me weep

Plyler v. Doe - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 08-29-2014, 07:53 PM

62,933 posts, read 29,126,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post

Me to!

Old 08-29-2014, 08:11 PM

19,020 posts, read 14,198,297 times
Don't forget - CONGRESS makes the laws that the administration enforces.
IF you are upset, let them KNOW:
https://writerep.house.gov/writerep/welcome.shtml
contact_list
I stipulate that your singular gripe will NOT affect them.
But if thousands and thousands appear in their mailbox, it might persuade them to PAY attention.

Old 08-29-2014, 08:28 PM

3,091 posts, read 3,966,530 times
At some point common sense has to prevail. I don't understand why people are so afraid of ridiculous federal government mandates such as this. As a principal, I would tell the aging "students" to get the heck off my school property and not come back until I am removed or they have a court order. I would not waste one precious resource dollar on that lunacy.

Now, I do understand it is Massachusetts, and they are committed to Obama. But since they are complaining about the aging "students," at some point common sense has to prevail, if for no other reason than to protect the young students who actually deserve to be there. It's freaking insane.

Old 08-29-2014, 09:37 PM

671 posts, read 690,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
Don't forget - CONGRESS makes the laws that the administration enforces.
IF you are upset, let them KNOW:
https://writerep.house.gov/writerep/welcome.shtml
contact_list
I stipulate that your singular gripe will NOT affect them.
But if thousands and thousands appear in their mailbox, it might persuade them to PAY attention.
Ridiculous, short-sighted case. It should be challenged and reversed. The illegals are killing us in every way.

Dandiday

Old 08-29-2014, 09:52 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,533,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess5 View Post
Not allowed to ask their ages? Since when? My kids had to show 2 different official forms with their address on them, birth certificate, shot record, and their ages down to the day. They would write down 5 years, 3 months, 21 days. And their ages were on certain tests they did, down to the day. This is so ridiculous. Oh, and they also had to take a test to see if they are ready for school, or not. If not, the parents had to hold them back a year. There are also certain tests they have to take every year before they move up. They have to show they know a certain amount of each class in high school. I wonder how the government will work this out.

Of course a 35 year old isn't going to school with teenagers. What's the truant officer going to do to these adults who don't show up for school? Warn their parents? What a joke.
Same here. I had to prove my children's ages in order to enroll them in school. Why would illegals not have to prove their age?

Old 08-29-2014, 09:53 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,533,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwebbster View Post
I think this is all part of Obozo's plan to wreck the nation. At the very least it's an attempt to force us
to educate the spawn of illegal aliens.
Too bad we can't bill their home countries for the cost of that education.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration