U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2014, 02:03 PM

86,093 posts, read 70,054,393 times

Advertisements

Yup..gray hair and wrinkles yet they are "children" according to DHS who processed them.
And so they must be allowed to register for public school.

Last year one illegal minor student turned out to be 35 years old.

And there is nothing the schools can do about it because the Fed mandated they be allowed in the schools with zero documentation except for the permiso that DHS issued them.

Mayor: Adult Illegal Aliens With 'Graying' Hair Enrolled in Public Schools | CNS News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2014, 02:18 PM

3,082 posts, read 3,345,286 times
Just heard about this. The Schools are not at all permitted to ask the age of these adults enrolling. They can ask about American citizens, but not immigrants. I'll have to go read what the school district in Mass. is dealing with on this.

Old 08-28-2014, 03:22 PM

3,936 posts, read 5,457,490 times
Not allowed to ask their ages? Since when? My kids had to show 2 different official forms with their address on them, birth certificate, shot record, and their ages down to the day. They would write down 5 years, 3 months, 21 days. And their ages were on certain tests they did, down to the day. This is so ridiculous. Oh, and they also had to take a test to see if they are ready for school, or not. If not, the parents had to hold them back a year. There are also certain tests they have to take every year before they move up. They have to show they know a certain amount of each class in high school. I wonder how the government will work this out.

Of course a 35 year old isn't going to school with teenagers. What's the truant officer going to do to these adults who don't show up for school? Warn their parents? What a joke.

Old 08-28-2014, 03:27 PM

86,093 posts, read 70,054,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess5 View Post
Not allowed to ask their ages? Since when? My kids had to show 2 different official forms with their address on them, birth certificate, shot record, and their ages down to the day. They would write down 5 years, 3 months, 21 days. And their ages were on certain tests they did, down to the day. This is so ridiculous. Oh, and they also had to take a test to see if they are ready for school, or not. If not, the parents had to hold them back a year. There are also certain tests they have to take every year before they move up. They have to show they know a certain amount of each class in high school. I wonder how the government will work this out.

Of course a 35 year old isn't going to school with teenagers. What's the truant officer going to do to these adults who don't show up for school? Warn their parents? What a joke.
Funny you should ask..from the article I linked:

“For example, if a student does not show up for a few days of classes, we will send our truant officers out to find out what’s going on at that home,” Kennedy explained.

“One example: the woman who answered [the] door said, ‘He’s 35 years old -- he’s not going to show up at school....

Old 08-28-2014, 03:35 PM

11,575 posts, read 5,555,146 times
I remember a while back there was a thread about this happening.

At the time I said that if I had a high school aged daughter I wouldn't want her going to school with grown men---especially when these grown men come from a culture that denigrates women. Plus they have no problems "dating" minor girls.

Meanwhile, our daughter and son-in-law have enrolled their youngest in kindergarten. They never got a copy of his birth certificate (sigh! but I digress) and now they're being told that he can't go to kindergarten until they produce a copy of it.

Americans have to jump through hoops but the feds are telling schools to let illegals attend school without having to show any documentation This is so very, very wrong on so many levels!

Old 08-28-2014, 03:37 PM

3,082 posts, read 3,345,286 times
And due to privacy regulations, you are not allowed to know there are adults attending school with your children, unless, of course, your children tell you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post

At the time I said that if I had a high school aged daughter I wouldn't want her going to school with grown men---especially when these grown men come from a culture that denigrates women. Plus they have no problems "dating" minor girls.

Meanwhile, our daughter and son-in-law have enrolled their youngest in kindergarten. They never got a copy of his birth certificate (sigh! but I digress) and now they're being told that he can't go to kindergarten until they produce a copy of it.

Americans have to jump through hoops but the feds are telling schools to let illegals attend school without having to show any documentation This is so very, very wrong on so many levels!

Old 08-28-2014, 04:36 PM

31,895 posts, read 14,685,001 times
Quote:

Just another example of the double standards for illegal aliens in our society.

Old 08-28-2014, 09:44 PM

3,034 posts, read 2,880,769 times
From the article...

"However, the school district was directed by the federal government not to verify the age of the foreign enrollees, Kennedy said."

Why why why whywhywhywhy???????%&(&*%@%@&&*)#^)

Old 08-28-2014, 10:08 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,334,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Podo944 View Post
From the article...

"However, the school district was directed by the federal government not to verify the age of the foreign enrollees, Kennedy said."

Why why why whywhywhywhy???????%&(&*%@%@&&*)#^)
Def a good question there. Unless it's because Washington DC's nothing but a nest of "snakes" who HATE the US.

Old 08-28-2014, 10:10 PM

2,075 posts, read 1,777,767 times
Quote:

I think this is all part of Obozo's plan to wreck the nation. At the very least it's an attempt to force us
to educate the spawn of illegal aliens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration