U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2014, 06:00 PM

9,191 posts, read 18,522,437 times

Advertisements

LTG: Mexico's Plans for the U.S.

The Mexican school systems (for those lucky enough to be able to attend school) drill it into students' heads that the US "stole" the territory that they got with the 1848 Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo--they're indoctrinated early, too.

So it's really no wonder that they have this sense of entitlement. Even though there are some errors in the article, it's basically spot on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2014, 06:25 PM

3,730 posts, read 3,682,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
LTG: Mexico's Plans for the U.S.

The Mexican school systems (for those lucky enough to be able to attend school) drill it into students' heads that the US "stole" the territory that they got with the 1848 Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo--they're indoctrinated early, too.

So it's really no wonder that they have this sense of entitlement. Even though there are some errors in the article, it's basically spot on.

So much so that Mexico refers to the War as "The US Invasion", invasion being a word that has been used twice by a poster on this thread. To me, it is irony.

Old 08-29-2014, 07:18 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,286,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malcorub16 View Post
So much so that Mexico refers to the War as "The US Invasion", invasion being a word that has been used twice by a poster on this thread. To me, it is irony.
Uh; this is 2014 so please tell me WHY Mexico allows illegal aliens from Guatemala and so on ONTO its land?

Back to the 1st thing you said: Mexico LOST the war. Hell; the US almost took ALL of Mexico in 1848. Too bad we didn't.

Old 08-29-2014, 07:50 PM

31,495 posts, read 14,573,470 times
Quote:
Were any of those Mexicans alive today that are making such statements involved in the war and monies that exchanged hands for land back then? Um no, those people are all dead now. This invasion from south of our border is happening to Americans alive today. No irony at all.

Last edited by Oldglory; 08-29-2014 at 08:28 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 08-29-2014, 10:06 PM

2,075 posts, read 1,774,015 times
Quote:
..well, lets not forget how the US obtained what is today California, Arizona and New Mexico in 1848. Good ole ambitious President Polk with his manifest destiny.

I love the US as much as I love Mexico but I see it as karma, what goes around comes around even if its 160 years later.
If you love it that much then why don't you just go back. Karma and all that you know........

Old 08-29-2014, 11:00 PM

3,730 posts, read 3,682,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwebbster View Post
If you love it that much then why don't you just go back. Karma and all that you know........
My friend, I am there half of the time and the other half I am in San Diego. I am not pro illegal immigration 100% as my mother did not come to this country illegally but rather legally and chooses to be buried in Texas when she dies as a citizen of the USA versus going back to Michoacan where she was born.

I just don't blindly "pledge allegiance" to any particular flag. To me, GOD, FAMILY, and then FRIENDS come before anything including the "motherland" including the US of America and the US of Mexico.

GOD bless you and your family.

Old 08-30-2014, 07:33 AM

Quote:
My friend, I am there half of the time and the other half I am in San Diego. I am not pro illegal immigration 100% as my mother did not come to this country illegally but rather legally and chooses to be buried in Texas when she dies as a citizen of the USA versus going back to Michoacan where she was born.

I just don't blindly "pledge allegiance" to any particular flag. To me, GOD, FAMILY, and then FRIENDS come before anything including the "motherland" including the US of America and the US of Mexico.

GOD bless you and your family.
The problem is though when one's allegiance to their family/ethnic group trumps our immigration laws.

Old 08-30-2014, 09:13 AM

9,191 posts, read 18,522,437 times
Quote:
.....I am not pro illegal immigration 100% as my mother did not come to this country illegally.....

So what are you pro illegal immigration...90%? 50%? 25%? Other?

If it is true that your mother emigrated legally, bully for her. Most of us here don't have a problem with legal immigration done through the proper channels.

Old 08-30-2014, 12:59 PM

The sheer arrogance of his words is enough to make you vomit. Who does he think he is calling our country "the other Mexico" and claiming that we object to his so-called "immigrants" because we have an adversion to diversity? There are millions of Hispanic citizens in this country and most of them hail from Mexican heritage so wth is he talking about?

Old 08-30-2014, 11:07 PM

1,017 posts, read 553,625 times
I think we are the "Other Mexico" already. Look around. Hispanics make up the largest group in California. In fact, Mexico has a thriving middle class; we don't. Another few years, we will be considered a true Third World Country, while those left in Mexico, besides the drug dealers, will enjoy an even better economic stability.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or