U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2014, 01:57 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,286,582 times

Advertisements

About a dozen men, some literally spitting with anger and desperation, were firmly led off the track, an agent's hand on the back of their necks neck, and taken to waiting vans for processing and deportation. Agents helped a lone female migrant clambering over a coupling between cars to reach their van, telling her "Walk carefully, don't fall."

"Don't touch me," she snarled.

The scene early Friday would have been unheard of in Mexico during the decades in which Central American migrants were allowed to freely hop freight trains to reach the U.S. border. But the raid is part of a crackdown that has sharply reduced the number of women and children trying to make their way to the United States, where they turn themselves into the U.S. Border Patrol an exodus that caused what U.S. leaders call a crisis at the border.

Mexico authorities stage midnight migrant raid

Has the world gone nuts?! Mexico DOING to illegal aliens that it hates the US for doing to its people here illegally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2014, 02:07 PM

31,495 posts, read 14,573,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
About a dozen men, some literally spitting with anger and desperation, were firmly led off the track, an agent's hand on the back of their necks neck, and taken to waiting vans for processing and deportation. Agents helped a lone female migrant clambering over a coupling between cars to reach their van, telling her "Walk carefully, don't fall."

"Don't touch me," she snarled.

The scene early Friday would have been unheard of in Mexico during the decades in which Central American migrants were allowed to freely hop freight trains to reach the U.S. border. But the raid is part of a crackdown that has sharply reduced the number of women and children trying to make their way to the United States, where they turn themselves into the U.S. Border Patrol an exodus that caused what U.S. leaders call a crisis at the border.

Mexico authorities stage midnight migrant raid

Has the world gone nuts?! Mexico DOING to illegal aliens that it hates the US for doing to its people here illegally.
Mexico is probably worried about these Central American "migrants" taking jobs from their illegal aliens here in the U.S. It's kind of like karma.

Old 08-30-2014, 06:48 PM

11,497 posts, read 5,511,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Mexico is probably worried about these Central American "migrants" taking jobs from their illegal aliens here in the U.S. It's kind of like karma.
I've read that many Mexicans have figured out that these illegals from El Salvador, Guatemala and Honduras will work cheaper than Mexicans. So, sleazy Mexican employers hire them instead of the natives.

Old 08-30-2014, 06:53 PM

24,843 posts, read 31,253,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
I've read that many Mexicans have figured out that these illegals from El Salvador, Guatemala and Honduras will work cheaper than Mexicans. So, sleazy Mexican employers hire them instead of the natives.
It is VERY hard to be in Mexico without documents.

They will not stay there long.

Old 08-30-2014, 07:25 PM

2,075 posts, read 1,774,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post

I think everyone should give Mexico a big "seal of approval" on this one. It's a positive step forward from
Mexico. Credit where credit's due you know......

Old 08-30-2014, 07:30 PM

24,843 posts, read 31,253,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwebbster View Post
I think everyone should give Mexico a big "seal of approval" on this one. It's a positive step forward from
I posted months ago that things would change when it becomes Mexico's problem.

People getting hurt on "the beast" is getting expensive for Mexico.

BTW....the last I head the fees for the coyotes are down to $2000.

The free market at work.....anyone can be a coyote.

Old 08-30-2014, 07:45 PM

31,495 posts, read 14,573,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwebbster View Post
No, in my opinion it just makes them hypocrites and I already posted what I think their ulterior motive is.

Old 09-04-2014, 01:54 PM

18,548 posts, read 13,683,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
No, in my opinion it just makes them hypocrites and I already posted what I think their ulterior motive is.
I'm sure the current administration here in the US was involved.

Old 09-05-2014, 05:42 AM

13,148 posts, read 10,574,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post

Back in the 1970's my wife and I took a trip to Mexico City. While we were there I bought a new wallet. Not thinking I took out outdated cards, out of my old wallet, and threw them in the waste can at the hotel. Today I never would have done that because of fears of identify theft. Several hours after that we had just got on a sightseeing bus. We no sooner sat down than heavily armed police entered our bus and wanted to know why I threw away my old cards. They did leave me go after my explanation, identification and promises to take my old cards with me. Perhaps they already knew of the problems we would be facing in years to come with identity theft?

The moral of the story was that you not only had to worry about the cards/documents you carried; you also had to worry about the ones you threw away!

Old 09-05-2014, 03:13 PM

2,423 posts, read 3,000,395 times
There's a misconception in the U.S. that Mexico guards their borders like a hawk. They do not. They watch their borders no more and no less than the U.S. Mexico has hundreds of thousands of illegal aliens that have made Mexico their home not only from Latin American countries but from ALL over the world.

Like someone above mentioned I believe a call from someone high up in our government made a telephone call to an equally important person in Mexico City to do something about the infamous train, The Beast, and the Mexican government concurred. It was a political play.

-Cheers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or