U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 09-01-2014, 09:58 PM
 
9,274 posts, read 5,784,185 times
Reputation: 7542

Advertisements

Another day, another story.

Health Ranger's vehicle violently rammed by illegal immigrant asleep at the wheel in Texas - NaturalNews.com

Last edited by elan; 09-01-2014 at 10:07 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-01-2014, 10:36 PM
 
25,060 posts, read 22,106,910 times
Reputation: 11576
So, American citizens don't cause car accidents? I got rear ended by a blond haired, blue eyed 17 year old boy this year driving daddy's Mustang
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-01-2014, 11:13 PM
 
9,274 posts, read 5,784,185 times
Reputation: 7542
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
So, American citizens don't cause car accidents? I got rear ended by a blond haired, blue eyed 17 year old boy this year driving daddy's Mustang
I assume he had title/license/insurance and that he wasn't here illegally from Canada or Ireland (we have plenty of those you know). If you are certain he was a citizen, it's not relevant. This is the illegal immigration forum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-02-2014, 06:57 AM
 
Location: San Diego
32,799 posts, read 30,034,103 times
Reputation: 17687
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
So, American citizens don't cause car accidents? I got rear ended by a blond haired, blue eyed 17 year old boy this year driving daddy's Mustang
Car forum is that way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-02-2014, 07:27 AM
 
31,473 posts, read 14,565,596 times
Reputation: 8350
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
I assume he had title/license/insurance and that he wasn't here illegally from Canada or Ireland (we have plenty of those you know). If you are certain he was a citizen, it's not relevant. This is the illegal immigration forum.
Yes, and the difference is that the illegal alien had no right to be in this country. If he hadn't been here that particular accident wouldn't have occurred. We have enough of our own irresponsible and criminals without adding illegal foreigners to the mix.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-02-2014, 07:33 AM
 
20,611 posts, read 12,282,218 times
Reputation: 5895
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
I assume he had title/license/insurance and that he wasn't here illegally from Canada or Ireland (we have plenty of those you know). If you are certain he was a citizen, it's not relevant. This is the illegal immigration forum.
Agreed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-02-2014, 09:59 AM
 
7,902 posts, read 3,726,695 times
Reputation: 10388
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
So, American citizens don't cause car accidents? I got rear ended by a blond haired, blue eyed 17 year old boy this year driving daddy's Mustang
You are missing the point. If an illegal alien steals, rapes, murders, etc., it does not mean they are the only ones committing crimes. However when you let a bunch of criminals stay in the country who should not be here in the first place, you can rightly point that fact out.

Statistics prove that a majority of violent crime is committed by a relatively small amount of people percentage wise. The reason the violent crimes rates are falling so much over the past few decades is due to minimum mandatory sentences and getting these predators off the street, and keeping them in jail.

However letting criminals from other countries pour across our borders and harm American citizens should not be tolerated. This is just one aspect of the harm porous borders cause, and one we should all agree on stopping.
If you feel differently, how could you face, and what would you say to the family who's daughter was raped and murdered by someone you felt should be allowed to come here and stay illegally?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-02-2014, 04:54 PM
 
20,611 posts, read 12,282,218 times
Reputation: 5895
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
You are missing the point. If an illegal alien steals, rapes, murders, etc., it does not mean they are the only ones committing crimes. However when you let a bunch of criminals stay in the country who should not be here in the first place, you can rightly point that fact out.

Statistics prove that a majority of violent crime is committed by a relatively small amount of people percentage wise. The reason the violent crimes rates are falling so much over the past few decades is due to minimum mandatory sentences and getting these predators off the street, and keeping them in jail.

However letting criminals from other countries pour across our borders and harm American citizens should not be tolerated. This is just one aspect of the harm porous borders cause, and one we should all agree on stopping.
If you feel differently, how could you face, and what would you say to the family who's daughter was raped and murdered by someone you felt should be allowed to come here and stay illegally?
Agreed and I want ALL illegal aliens OUT of the US. Even blond hair blue eyed Irish people AND I'm of Irish family.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-02-2014, 05:57 PM
 
7,902 posts, read 3,726,695 times
Reputation: 10388
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Agreed and I want ALL illegal aliens OUT of the US. Even blond hair blue eyed Irish people AND I'm of Irish family.
The irony of course is that (D's) are for illegal alien immigration because they believe that eventually they will get amnesty and become loyal (D) voters. However if a group from another country was pouring in with (R) ideals and work ethic, they would change their tune quickly.

I like you do not want anyone who is here illegally to be rewarded and get amnesty. Instead let them go through the legal process we have in place.

We also need to find a way to find a way to get standing and challenge that the 14th Amendment was never intended to cover illegals having anchor babies to gain citizenship. Clearly it was not passed with that in mind, yet has been perverted to cover such unforeseen consequences. I imagine it will take a review and overturning of United States v. Wong Kim Ark in some future case.

`
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-03-2014, 09:26 AM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,881,481 times
Reputation: 6517
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
So, American citizens don't cause car accidents? I got rear ended by a blond haired, blue eyed 17 year old boy this year driving daddy's Mustang
That is tired and over used excuse. If the illegal wasn't here, which by law the illegal shouldn't be then the accident wouldn't have happened. Just because we have home grown criminals and irresponsible people doesn't mean that we should import more. In fact every country on the planet pretty much bans people with criminal records from entering. They also deport immigrants who violate their laws.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top