U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2007, 04:17 PM

902 posts, read 505,464 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali BassMan View Post
That's why when you go to Mc Donalds, they have pictures up so you can just point to it........
LOLOLOLOLOLOL It is also to help the ones who work there and can't speak English. http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii200/Ozark-Baby/mediumdiscofrog.gif (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2007, 05:22 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Default Not just yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali BassMan View Post
CAlifornia may be lost allready, I have to push 2 for english now, My daughter has been turned down for a job because she only has 4 years of High School Spanish and is not concidered Spanish Fluent.....
Note my two previous posts concerning what will probably occur in California.

The fat lady has yet to sing------she is merely warming up

Old 12-28-2007, 06:24 PM

13,387 posts, read 16,200,288 times
I've lost all hope for Ca.

Old 12-28-2007, 06:56 PM

2,257 posts, read 3,453,686 times
This war is going to be won at the state and municipal level. Heres Michigan

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071227/NEWS06/71227106/1008/NEWS06 (broken link)

Old 12-29-2007, 10:53 PM

33 posts, read 110,097 times
All the illegals will be flocking to Chicago soon

Old 02-14-2008, 05:10 PM

380 posts, read 933,328 times
Stay the course, legal citizens in California and other states have one option they can use in both state and local levels. Do not pay your state or local taxes if any if your state is giving your money away to illegal aliens. If they take you to court, be ready with the defense that your money is being misappropriated. It may not work but it will draw attention. The key to this situation is mass groups of people have to not pay their state's or local government income or property taxes. Illegals don't, why should we? Most states have no apparatus like the IRS at their disposal, oh they will process it and catch up with you, but most states are not equipped to deal with a mass case of civil disobedience such as this could be. I know this sounds bad, but tying up our courts, slowing the money gathering means is one way to grind this money giveaway to illegals to a standstill. We have to pay sales tax, or we don't get the item-this is fine, since illegals at least have to pay this tax.
IN another act that runs contrary to most Americans, do not donate money to any charity that gives sanction or goods to illegals, as harsh as this sounds this includes homeless shelters and other places in which many illegals take advantage of. Many illegals use such places to stay until they get started. It is our kind nature that is destroying us. For any who think I am being harsh, I am only offering up these suggestions to those who live in localities where your elected officials have ignored the situation or worse, give support to illegals.
The number one thing that I do is when I hire a company to do work like tree trimming, construction etc, i demand to see records of their employees being legal citizens or not. If they are working around my house or in it, I do have the right to know who they are-so do you. The economy is rough right now, you have contractors and such who are out there who you can find for the same amount of money to do the work many illegal hiring companies do. Keep the faith, but also take action. I am not bashing any one race with all of this, i encourage hispanics and others who wish to live here to become citizens. I will do my best to help them achieve such, but I am not about to reward those who just take advantage of our country.

Old 02-14-2008, 05:49 PM

13,387 posts, read 16,200,288 times
Now if I were to avoid paying state and local taxes, I would put the tax money I owed into a trust fund just to be on the safe side.

Old 02-14-2008, 06:37 PM

23,001 posts, read 31,949,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozark-Baby View Post
It is spreading and that makes me happy as all get out.

Now if we can get Texas on the same page it will begin to have a significant impact on the illegal alien population and their criminal employers. If California could be brought up to speed, we would really start having a handle on the problem. But California is probably a lost cause; wouldn't be surprised if they try to secede if immigration law is ever actually enforced.

I sure do hope that Nixon means it but I have heard his crap for a very long time now and I don't trust that it would get done. We will see.

Westside Star - Westside News
How come every state except the one i want to move to (NC) is cracking down on illegals? I just hope NC soon pulls it head out of its behind and lay the hammer down.

Old 02-14-2008, 06:47 PM

4,135 posts, read 9,116,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Chutzpah View Post
Hope NJ and NY follow suit
We have hillary here in NY -- even if she never gets the top jo0b, she is still ( God help us!) senator. They will never follow suit... so goes NYC, so goes the state. They outnumber the rest of what is basically a red state

Old 02-28-2008, 04:31 PM

157 posts, read 276,866 times
Smile Logic

We do have to get ALL the states in on this. It is ridiculous. TAKE CARE OF OUR AMERICAN CITIZEN. How hard is that. They helped here by working in the economy, paying taxes. They done their part now take care of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration