Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2014, 05:57 PM

3,049 posts, read 4,521,747 times

Advertisements

The next Republican VP candidate will he a Hispanic man! Watch. If not the next presidential candidate himself! And, no, I'm not necessarily referring to Cruz.

Rubio, more likely.

Hispanics, like the Italians and Irish immigrants before them, came to the table wearing the Democrat t-shirt. But after a generation or two, they peeled that t-shirt off. Eventually, working-class people end up learning the hard way that the Democrats aren't really their friends either. They learn this as each consecutive paycheck gets thinner and thinner due to increased taxes. They learn this as they're standing in line behind someone using their EBT card to buy steak and lobster at Costco. They learn when they have to squeeze three families to a house to pay the mortgage and taxes while, next door, the woman buying steak and lobster with her EBT card at Costco gets a house fully furnished by the government via Section 8. Hispanics aren't stupid. They can put 2 + 2 together to get 4.

California will get a Hispanic Republican governor too within the next 10 years. Watch!

Look at New Mexico: Democratic-leaning, Hispanic state with a Republican Hispanic governor. It happens.

Nevada already has a moderate Hispanic Republican governor. He sort of slipped through the back of the tent when nobody was looking and Nevada isn't even a majority-Latino state yet. It's still Anglo.

Last edited by kttam186290; 09-09-2014 at 06:12 PM..

Old 09-09-2014, 06:12 PM

8,996 posts, read 10,429,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
I have a hard time believing that Tickyul has ever been in California or, if he/she has set foot in California, it was a long, long time ago.
Because otherwise he or she would be aware that Hispanics are, in general, very hard-working people.

When I lived in SoCal and used to have to get up at 5 a.m. for work, I noticed that just about everyone else on the freeway was a Latino in an old, beat-up Japanese car.

Somehow I doubt they were all on the way to the welfare office. Ditto the guys hanging around Home Depot.

Old 09-09-2014, 06:14 PM

13,825 posts, read 29,828,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
I noticed that just about everyone else on the freeway was a Latino in an old, beat-up Japanese car.
That must explain my unexplained affinity for late 80's/early 90's Camry's, Corollas, Accords, and Civics.

Old 09-09-2014, 06:17 PM

4,918 posts, read 6,436,337 times
Caucasians will be the minority in the future in California but does it really matter. It is not like rich white men will not still dominate our Federal govt and state govt. Race will not the most important factor in the future, economics will be. The super rich will continue to get richer regardless of race and the poor uneducated people will continue to get poorer regardless of race.

Old 09-09-2014, 07:34 PM

3,049 posts, read 4,521,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKWildcat1981 View Post
Caucasians will be the minority in the future in California but does it really matter. It is not like rich white men will not still dominate our Federal govt and state govt. Race will not the most important factor in the future, economics will be. The super rich will continue to get richer regardless of race and the poor uneducated people will continue to get poorer regardless of race.
Since I live in California and not the UK, I think I can make a more accurate prediction...

Hispanics are intermarrying with non-Hispanic Whites, especially in Southern California! In a few decades, most Hispanics will be thinking of themselves as "White", no different than an Italian, Irish or Polish person does now. Shocker!

By then, Caucasians will still be the majority but will be heavily infused with Hispanic culture and ethnicity.

Life goes on...

Old 09-09-2014, 07:38 PM

4,918 posts, read 6,436,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kttam186290 View Post
Since I live in California and not the UK, I think I can make a more accurate prediction...

Hispanics are intermarrying with non-Hispanic Whites, especially in Southern California! In a few decades, most Hispanics will be thinking of themselves as "White", no different than an Italian, Irish or Polish person does now. Shocker!

By then, Caucasians will still be the majority but will be heavily infused with Hispanic culture and ethnicity.

Life goes on...
And your point is... why are Americans so hung up on race and ethnicity in the first place?

Old 09-09-2014, 08:11 PM

1,095 posts, read 1,625,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
REALLY, 80% of Hispanics voted for Presidente Osama in the last two elections.
With posts like this, no one can take you seriously. Nor should they. You sound like another crazy xenophobic conservative. So what if they vote Democrat? Maybe it's because of people like you who say ignorant borderline racist things and then vote Republican come election time. There are some good Republicans but there are way too many crazy ignorant republicans like you that ruin the party name.

Old 09-10-2014, 01:26 PM

Location: SF Bay Area, aka, Liberal Mecca/wherever DoD sends me to
713 posts, read 1,076,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasB View Post
Not true. In 2004 Bush got over 40% of the Hispanic vote and you know why. Because he did not treat them as outsiders but as Americans.
^bingo.

Old 09-10-2014, 02:16 PM

1,095 posts, read 1,625,815 times
Latinos are some of the hardest working people. I always see them standing outside places like Home Depot looking for work. They are willing to do jobs most other Americans would whine and cry about. Much respect.

Old 09-10-2014, 02:31 PM

Location: SF Bay Area, aka, Liberal Mecca/wherever DoD sends me to
713 posts, read 1,076,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aboveordinary View Post
Latinos are some of the hardest working people. I always see them standing outside places like Home Depot looking for work. They are willing to do jobs most other Americans would whine and cry about. Much respect.
correction. the latin-americans who are born abroad. the ones born here in the US are just as lazy and jerks like your average american, and this especially applies in Southern California.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration