Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2014, 03:34 PM

102,072 posts, read 107,036,480 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aboveordinary View Post
Latinos are some of the hardest working people. I always see them standing outside places like Home Depot looking for work. They are willing to do jobs most other Americans would whine and cry about. Much respect.
A friend of mine from Ecuador was visiting some years ago. I had a tree stump in the back yard that I wanted removed, but no gardeners/landscapers would touch it. My friend pulled it out with his bare hands after digging around the base of it a little. And this was not a big guy, he's under 5' tall. He said it wasn't a big deal, you just have to roll up your sleeves and do it. No Americans could be bothered.

Old 09-10-2014, 07:36 PM

1,824 posts, read 1,658,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasB View Post
Not true. In 2004 Bush got over 40% of the Hispanic vote and you know why. Because he did not treat them as outsiders but as Americans.
lol thought it was more cause he knew how to speak spanish pretty good

Old 09-10-2014, 08:03 PM

13,824 posts, read 29,803,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasB View Post
Does anyone know what a person that is half Mexican and half non-Hispanic white is labeled because in the report it states that the multi-race category does not include Hispanics. So if that person is not multi-race do they get thrown into the Hispanic or white category?

General and Ethnic Population Projections Through 2050 for California
Hispanic is not a race.

You check the box for race (white, black, asian, etc), then if you're Hispanic, it is a "yes or no" question. If the answer is yes, they then ask "what kind?".

Old 09-11-2014, 07:08 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,336,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonez765 View Post
correction. the latin-americans who are born abroad. the ones born here in the US are just as lazy and jerks like your average american, and this especially applies in Southern California.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
A friend of mine from Ecuador was visiting some years ago. I had a tree stump in the back yard that I wanted removed, but no gardeners/landscapers would touch it. My friend pulled it out with his bare hands after digging around the base of it a little. And this was not a big guy, he's under 5' tall. He said it wasn't a big deal, you just have to roll up your sleeves and do it. No Americans could be bothered.
Must be California Americans 'cause here, 95% of the hard labor, yard care, domestic work, etc. is done by "Americans" who also, amazingly enough, happen to be Caucasians. Go figure!

Old 09-11-2014, 07:54 PM

50,076 posts, read 46,640,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aboveordinary View Post
Latinos are some of the hardest working people. I always see them standing outside places like Home Depot looking for work. They are willing to do jobs most other Americans would whine and cry about. Much respect.
Like breaking immigration laws. Ya, that is awesome. Day laborers are about 75% illegals. Everyone else uses Craigslist or an agency. I don't respect any criminal, especially those that aren't American. Of course if you have skin in the game(illegals for family, ak family and are an anchor) your results will vary.

The bizarro World where farmers hire illegals (farmers are mostly really conservative) and then people bag on the conservatives, it's so funny it's almost a mystery. Actually it's absolutely fitting

Old 09-11-2014, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Must be California Americans 'cause here, 95% of the hard labor, yard care, domestic work, etc. is done by "Americans" who also, amazingly enough, happen to be Caucasians. Go figure!
Yeah, go figure! No, these were WA Americans. You're think if people were getting paid to do something, they'd do it. But no, they're picky. They claim it can't be done, and so forth.

Old 09-11-2014, 10:47 PM

7,242 posts, read 7,879,054 times
Oh, I imagine we'll still be around just like how Blacks are still around despite being a minority.

Old 09-11-2014, 10:50 PM

7,242 posts, read 7,879,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Yeah, go figure! No, these were WA Americans. You're think if people were getting paid to do something, they'd do it. But no, they're picky. They claim it can't be done, and so forth.
Oh, Americans will do those jobs but they will demand significantly more money to do them. That's why businesses love to import cheap immigrant labor. BTW you could end illegal immigration tomorrow if you just had draconian penalties and a good way to check on which businesses were hiring illegals. Naturally, big business doesn't like that idea and they'd fight it tooth and nail just like how they currently use their lobbyists to prevent enforcement of labor laws or at least to make both enforcement and the penalty as weak as possible.

Old 09-12-2014, 01:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
BTW you could end illegal immigration tomorrow if you just had draconian penalties and a good way to check on which businesses were hiring illegals. Naturally, big business doesn't like that idea and they'd fight it tooth and nail just like how they currently use their lobbyists to prevent enforcement of labor laws or at least to make both enforcement and the penalty as weak as possible.
I know. The reason there aren't draconian penalties and a good way to check on who's hiring illegals is that big biz wants the cheapest labor possible, and money talks.

Old 09-12-2014, 02:55 AM

833 posts, read 1,193,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawk4440 View Post
The reason why Caucasian populations are declining is because our birthrates are. That's the issue that nobody wants to address.
As someone who is not white I will take the liberty of saying this.

White people for the most part are more responsible. They have careers, and don't have 50 kids in a 1bdr apartment on food stamps. Of course there are exceptions, but normally the above is true. That is probably the reason the birth rates are declining.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration