U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2014, 08:05 AM

5,368 posts, read 5,733,082 times

Advertisements

Why Obama Won't Act on Immigration - The Daily Beast
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2014, 08:30 AM

20,611 posts, read 12,318,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
It sounds to me Obama may NOT the "friend" of illegal aliens, otherwise they would've gotten their amnesty years ago.

Old 09-03-2014, 09:46 AM

10,946 posts, read 7,988,809 times
He won't act because he would have to make an actual decision and own that decision.

Not his style, not going to happen.

Old 09-03-2014, 10:25 AM

48,519 posts, read 81,177,591 times
He does act because he found first that with ACA you need more than just your party input and support and he doesn't likely have the votes. Remember when bush brought it forward the e-mail and phone calls were never ending. McCain who supported it made the famous; "We got the message speech." That is when the secure the border part of the 80's Reagan reform came up as having been totally ignored after passage. No one wants to bring it up especially now with the thousands crossing believing once in you can stay.

Old 09-03-2014, 11:31 AM

31,824 posts, read 14,654,154 times
I agree with some of what Navarette had to say in his article however why does he use terms like "anti-immigration" groups and "undocumented immigrants"? The groups he speaks of are anti-illegal immigration not anti-immigration and those here illegally are illegal aliens not undocumented whatever. I am suspect of his complete honesty on this issue.

Old 09-03-2014, 11:34 AM

25,060 posts, read 22,164,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
It sounds to me Obama may NOT the "friend" of illegal aliens, otherwise they would've gotten their amnesty years ago.
No crap, dude. Illegal immigration is the new gay rights. Now that gay rights are here, gotta get another social issue to keep getting the vote out. Gotta milk it as much as everyone can. Why do you think I don't lose my head over illegal immigration? They're here for a purpose, and they have no more purpose if they get legalized. But, hey, some people just love to run around like a headless chicken

Old 09-03-2014, 03:50 PM

11,573 posts, read 5,543,963 times
Navarette is on the amnesty bandwagon. At first when you listen to him and read his writings, it would seem otherwise. However, push him hard and it is apparent that he likes amnesty and open borders.

As for the article---Obama is NOT an immigration restrictionist at heart. If he were, the why did he dictate DACA? And why would he sue states like AZ for having laws that mirror federal laws?

Old 09-03-2014, 04:36 PM

5,491 posts, read 4,572,605 times
If we were throwing out illegals he'd have to be the first one in line.

Old 09-03-2014, 04:41 PM

31,824 posts, read 14,654,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Navarette is on the amnesty bandwagon. At first when you listen to him and read his writings, it would seem otherwise. However, push him hard and it is apparent that he likes amnesty and open borders.

As for the article---Obama is NOT an immigration restrictionist at heart. If he were, the why did he dictate DACA? And why would he sue states like AZ for having laws that mirror federal laws?
I agree. I think he tries to play both sides of the aisles sometimes but ethnically he feels a tie to the illegal aliens just like most of their advocates do.

Old 09-03-2014, 05:36 PM

8,623 posts, read 5,911,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post

No crap, dude. Illegal immigration is the new gay rights. Now that gay rights are here, gotta get another social issue to keep getting the vote out. Gotta milk it as much as everyone can. Why do you think I don't lose my head over illegal immigration? They're here for a purpose, and they have no more purpose if they get legalized. But, hey, some people just love to run around like a headless chicken
Maybe you don't see the forest for the trees.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration