U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2007, 11:18 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,877,424 times

Advertisements

Those who are driving without licenses and liability insurance or drunk need to have their cars confiscated because that's the only way to keep them off the roads.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2007, 12:01 PM

13,387 posts, read 16,243,145 times
They can't take any vehicle back the way they got here. They have to take the roads.
They'll probably try and sell them as is with out telling the buyers that their not paid for.

Old 12-26-2007, 12:10 PM

2,432 posts, read 6,014,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
They can't take any vehicle back the way they got here. They have to take the roads.
They'll probably try and sell them as is with out telling the buyers that their not paid for.
Good point. If anyone out there is buying a used vehicle it's probably a good idea to meet the seller at DMV and conduct the transaction there where the legal title can be transferred on the spot.

But I hope these illegal aliens are afraid of losing their assets. Lou Dobbs was right, the OK law has created a domino effect. And all we now need is a state to pass asset forfeiture laws then the other states will jump right in as well. Illegal alien assets are a huge untapped resource for cities and states to seize.

Old 12-26-2007, 04:10 PM

902 posts, read 508,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Those who are driving without licenses and liability insurance or drunk need to have their cars confiscated because that's the only way to keep them off the roads.
In NM they confiscate the vehicles for drunk driving convictions. They just go out and buy another piece of crap that none of would drive. I have family in NM and have read and heard about the fact that they are working hard to clean up their drunk drivers but they just keep buying or stealing more.

Old 12-26-2007, 05:30 PM

206 posts, read 366,381 times
I'm sure some illegals buy cars from actual dealerships. But, I think most of them buy their cars from the make-shift dealerships owned and operated by the same crews that run the day-laborer boarding houses.

Old 12-26-2007, 07:00 PM

1,459 posts, read 4,048,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpotater58 View Post
After reading that stuff from the Indiana paper which you posted, I sadly realize that not just the DC area suffers from this insane coddling of illegals. I hope the trend continues to end drivers licenses for illegal aliens.

Illegals are a nation wide problem, we need more states to follow the lead in passing new laws on employers hiring illegals. It' now up to each state to pass new laws in order to get rid of illegals, it's very clear the Fed. Gov't will not enforce existing laws on illegal aliens.

Old 12-26-2007, 07:30 PM

9,310 posts, read 25,745,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I could not agree more, malamute

Seizing their vehicle will definitely make a lasting impression!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or