U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 10-14-2014, 09:27 AM
 
7,846 posts, read 5,035,112 times
Reputation: 4025

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Uh; not too many years ago, the BIG worry was over population so, more and more cultures stepped up and, cut down their birthrates.
Wrong. People stopped having kids because they can't afford to have 3-4 children anymore. Thank your corporate overlords for that.

Also thank the feminism movement, which is almost exclusively white women. The birth rates are lowest for white people in the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Europe, US and Australia DON'T need a bunch of ignorant peasants moving here, especially in this bad economy.
Like I said, you're still fixated on irrelvant things like race. Capitalism doesn't care about your bigotry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-14-2014, 09:28 AM
 
Location: South Jersey
12,921 posts, read 6,472,361 times
Reputation: 4470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
Blah blah blah blah yea Obama is the anti-Christ destroying your misguided view of America. Obama didn't craft our immigration policy.
No, that was done in 1965 when the origins formula was abolished. At the time, Ted Kennedy promised Americans that the racial demographics of our country would not substantially change. What a lie that was! But towards the end of his life, I bet he no longer had to pretend he cared about his promise as the PC orthodoxy in this country had changed so dramatically. You call my view of America misguided? My view was the mainstream one up to, and even after, 1965. Since that time, we've witnessed a drastic reduction in our quality of life in this country. Jobs pay way less, adjusting for inflation. No, it couldn't possibly have anything to do with immigration as cheap labor and outsourcing, could it? You are proving my point when you say the rich capitalists want immigration for their economic benefit. Why should the rest of us support that view?! In case you haven't been paying attention, the gap between the rich and the rest of us is ever growing!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-14-2014, 09:28 AM
 
31,500 posts, read 14,573,470 times
Reputation: 8363
Here we go with the race/skin color BS again. The only brown people we object to are those who are here illegally and their supporters. What part of that aren't some getting in here? Even at that we want all illegal aliens gone regardless of their skin color.

There is nothing wrong with a smaller economy to fit a smaller population. In fact environmentally wise it's better. Money isn't everything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-14-2014, 09:33 AM
 
20,611 posts, read 12,286,582 times
Reputation: 5895
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
Wrong. People stopped having kids because they can't afford to have 3-4 children anymore. Thank your corporate overlords for that.

Also thank the feminism movement, which is almost exclusively white women. The birth rates are lowest for white people in the world.



Like I said, you're still fixated on irrelvant things like race. Capitalism doesn't care about your bigotry.
Try again please.

The birthrate in the US started dropping like a rock about 1960. Long BEFORE our way of life started getting worse. Too; please tell me how many Hispanics IN the US kept having bigger families till maybe 15 years ago.

Race? Did I say a certain race? I said "ignorant peasant" which CAN mean a pasty white Russian as well as a Black Haitian.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-14-2014, 09:36 AM
 
7,846 posts, read 5,035,112 times
Reputation: 4025
Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
No, that was done in 1965 when the origins formula was abolished. At the time, Ted Kennedy promised Americans that the racial demographics of our country would not substantially change. What a lie that was! But towards the end of his life, I bet he no longer had to pretend he cared about his promise as the PC orthodoxy in this country had changed so dramatically. You call my view of America misguided? My view was the mainstream one up to, and even after, 1965. Since that time, we've witnessed a drastic reduction in our quality of life in this country. Jobs pay way less, adjusting for inflation. No, it couldn't possibly have anything to do with immigration as cheap labor and outsourcing, could it? You are proving my point when you say the rich capitalists want immigration for their economic benefit. Why should the rest of us support that view?! In case you haven't been paying attention, the gap between the rich and the rest of us is ever growing!
Jobs paying less is not because of immigration. It is because of globalization and corporate greed. Those immigrants are on the wrong end of the stick. The closest link between immigration from LA and declining wages are the reactionary conservatives that don't want to see them get health care and a living wage. We didn't "open our borders" to suppress wages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Here we go with the race/skin color BS again. The only brown people we object to are those who are here illegally and their supporters. What part of that aren't some getting in here? Even at that we want all illegal aliens gone regardless of their skin color.
No, that is a lie. All the "illegal" aliens are coming from LA. Believe it or not, hispanic is not a race. There are white latinoes in Mexico and the Caribbean. Funny because people only complain about the brown ones being shown in the media.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
There is nothing wrong with a smaller economy to fit a smaller population. In fact environmentally wise it's better. Money isn't everything.
To quote reactionary conservatives:

"Do you think businesses will just accept less profit"



If you want a smaller population, you're going to have to ask Wall Street to let the market take a decline for about 30 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-14-2014, 09:40 AM
 
7,846 posts, read 5,035,112 times
Reputation: 4025
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Try again please.

The birthrate in the US started dropping like a rock about 1960. Long BEFORE our way of life started getting worse. Too; please tell me how many Hispanics IN the US kept having bigger families till maybe 15 years ago.
Birth rates decline as the standard of living for a country increases. As an ethnic group is economically uplifted, they have less children. This is a result of stability, less child poverty, and less child mortality.

And like I said, white people are having less children.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Race? Did I say a certain race? I said "ignorant peasant" which CAN mean a pasty white Russian as well as a Black Haitian.
...but it doesn't. You aren't fooling anyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-14-2014, 09:45 AM
 
Location: South Jersey
12,921 posts, read 6,472,361 times
Reputation: 4470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
Jobs paying less is not because of immigration. It is because of globalization and corporate greed.
Part of globalization is lifting restrictions against immigration and increasing the ability of people from any part of the world to migrate anywhere they wish. It's really simple. When you import poor, desperate people who will work for anything, Americans lose out. Why pay an American a decent wage when someone from the Third World will do it for ridiculously low wages?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-14-2014, 10:02 AM
 
7,846 posts, read 5,035,112 times
Reputation: 4025
Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
Part of globalization is lifting restrictions against immigration and increasing the ability of people from any part of the world to migrate anywhere they wish. It's really simple. When you import poor, desperate people who will work for anything, Americans lose out. Why pay an American a decent wage when someone from the Third World will do it for ridiculously low wages?
My point was... our immigration policy has nothing to do with globalization. Immigrants in America have to earn the minimum wage, which is still higher than the third world. That strawman argument is irrelevant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-14-2014, 10:16 AM
 
Location: South Jersey
12,921 posts, read 6,472,361 times
Reputation: 4470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
My point was... our immigration policy has nothing to do with globalization. Immigrants in America have to earn the minimum wage, which is still higher than the third world. That strawman argument is irrelevant.
What you said doesn't make any sense. What part of my argument is a strawman? The fact is, when immigrants come here, they compete for jobs. And when immigration is massive, as it is, and largely from the Third World, which it is, it drives down wages because a large percentage of the workers in the job market will work for low wages, and the surplus of labor will prevent any real collective bargaining because employees are so easily replaceable. Those minimum wage jobs might be paying double or even triple in real wages if it weren't for this cheap foreign labor that business leaders demand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-14-2014, 10:21 AM
 
20,611 posts, read 12,286,582 times
Reputation: 5895
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
My point was... our immigration policy has nothing to do with globalization. Immigrants in America have to earn the minimum wage, which is still higher than the third world. That strawman argument is irrelevant.
LEGAL aliens do; it's the ILLEGAL aliens that undercut our kind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top