U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2015, 08:02 PM

3,352 posts, read 2,151,317 times

Advertisements

I say we stage mass protests.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2015, 08:29 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,330,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
When you compare our nation to nations like India, you have to be honest about why these nations are the way they are. If the western world had not robbed India of all of its resources, it would have been a much richer nation. The pre-colonial India and modern India are two very different places. One was a wealthy functioning society of several kingdoms. The other was a robbed slum left behind by the British.

On the contrary, the U.S. has plenty of resources except the one they need. Competent innovators. Limited immigration of such individuals is needed.
How long was England in India maybe a couple of 100 years? They left that country 60 years ago. Many other countries were "robbed" by the English and they're doing well in 2015 like the US, Canada, Botswana, Australia and some other places.

Thomas Sowell said physical things can be destroyed but; what's in peoples' heads CAN'T be taken away. Kinda like the Jews; they've suffered the MOST in how many Jews out of a 100 were killed but, they keep bouncing back time and time again. OTHO: word is Europe's Gypsies have a real bad rep and, their DNA says they're straight from India long BEFORE England took over that country. That sure doesn't say much about how many Indians roll in life.

Old 01-10-2015, 11:47 AM

796 posts, read 1,339,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
When you compare our nation to nations like India, you have to be honest about why these nations are the way they are. If the western world had not robbed India of all of its resources, it would have been a much richer nation. The pre-colonial India and modern India are two very different places. One was a wealthy functioning society of several kingdoms. The other was a robbed slum left behind by the British.

On the contrary, the U.S. has plenty of resources except the one they need. Competent innovators. Limited immigration of such individuals is needed.
The USA has always had massively successful innovators. obviously you are unfamiliar with our history and the term, Yankee Ingenuity. We are a nation of inventors and innovators. Cheap immigrant labor on the other hand is what's in vogue at every level. Can we really say the recent foreign techie hires are even as good as what we already had? No, just cheaper. Or fun and exotic and trendy for a company (to be so "globalized" and International, oh how kewl).

what wealth exactly has britain robbed india of???? seriously, prove it. and they've been gone a long time. maybe you're just repeating a fairy tale. surely, britain didn't give india its massive overpopulation. surely Britain didn't make india stop eating beef and thus become so malnourished while cows cr*p all over the streets endlessly wandering, stepping over dead bodies of homeless on the sidewalk. Surely britain didn't cause all the temple prostitution and immolation of widows and CASTE SYSTEM ... oh wait. yeah, the Caste System. that thing which has bled India of its wealth for thousands of years- the top taking all from the bottom.

The net result of Britain+India has benefitted India, not damaged it.
Most Indians can now speak and read English, that's a huge plus in the global marketplace. The Brits put a stop to certain deathly religious practices. They brought about reforms of law and society to create better humane treatment of people. And set other improvements in motion. They led India into Participation, and today they are once again part of the Commonwealth. Read, common wealth. Need I mention toilets? because they did not exist much in India until fairly recently, and this is something brought by this contact with Britain and the West.
Britain, while imperfect, in fact has been one of the best and most prolific beneficial colonizers and tools of improving the planet- as much as my Revolutionary War ancestors would hate to hear me say it. But it's true.

Last edited by 2bpurrfect; 01-10-2015 at 12:01 PM..

Old 01-10-2015, 10:08 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,330,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bpurrfect View Post
The USA has always had massively successful innovators. obviously you are unfamiliar with our history and the term, Yankee Ingenuity. We are a nation of inventors and innovators. Cheap immigrant labor on the other hand is what's in vogue at every level. Can we really say the recent foreign techie hires are even as good as what we already had? No, just cheaper. Or fun and exotic and trendy for a company (to be so "globalized" and International, oh how kewl).

what wealth exactly has britain robbed india of???? seriously, prove it. and they've been gone a long time. maybe you're just repeating a fairy tale. surely, britain didn't give india its massive overpopulation. surely Britain didn't make india stop eating beef and thus become so malnourished while cows cr*p all over the streets endlessly wandering, stepping over dead bodies of homeless on the sidewalk. Surely britain didn't cause all the temple prostitution and immolation of widows and CASTE SYSTEM ... oh wait. yeah, the Caste System. that thing which has bled India of its wealth for thousands of years- the top taking all from the bottom.

The net result of Britain+India has benefitted India, not damaged it.
Most Indians can now speak and read English, that's a huge plus in the global marketplace. The Brits put a stop to certain deathly religious practices. They brought about reforms of law and society to create better humane treatment of people. And set other improvements in motion. They led India into Participation, and today they are once again part of the Commonwealth. Read, common wealth. Need I mention toilets? because they did not exist much in India until fairly recently, and this is something brought by this contact with Britain and the West.
Britain, while imperfect, in fact has been one of the best and most prolific beneficial colonizers and tools of improving the planet- as much as my Revolutionary War ancestors would hate to hear me say it. But it's true.
Agreed and I'm of Irish family, we're supposed to "hate" England over what happened with the Potato Famine and many other bad things. This is 2015, not 1848. Funny how most of us in Ireland now speaking decent English def pays off for them when there's money to be made. lol

Old 01-24-2015, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Agreed and I'm of Irish family, we're supposed to "hate" England over what happened with the Potato Famine and many other bad things. This is 2015, not 1848. Funny how most of us in Ireland now speaking decent English def pays off for them when there's money to be made. lol
Well, like i said, Britain is imperfect,and while the tragic potato famine was not handled well AT ALL by the powers-that-were at the time, I thank God for all the lovely Irish who came over to America as a result.
And besides, Great Britain has changed their ways when it comes to supporting those in dire straits and poverty. That's another good thing.
I wouldn't condone the government 's actions over the centuries 100 percent, ever, but the net result seems to be positive, and especially the peoples of the UK have been an overall good influence in my opinion.

Last edited by 2bpurrfect; 01-24-2015 at 12:55 AM..

Old 01-24-2015, 06:53 AM

31,888 posts, read 14,678,159 times
Quote:
Well, like i said, Britain is imperfect,and while the tragic potato famine was not handled well AT ALL by the powers-that-were at the time, I thank God for all the lovely Irish who came over to America as a result.
And besides, Great Britain has changed their ways when it comes to supporting those in dire straits and poverty. That's another good thing.
I wouldn't condone the government 's actions over the centuries 100 percent, ever, but the net result seems to be positive, and especially the peoples of the UK have been an overall good influence in my opinion.
No way should any society/nation tolerate illegal immigration though and that's what this forum is about. It's not about legal immigration.

Old 02-09-2015, 01:37 AM

we as a whole nation used to need immigration since there was a lot of wide open spaces, and huge expanses of unsettled land. but that was a long time ago, we don't really need much immigration AT ALL now. we are no longer a colony being colonized, well, not officially, anyway! and we no longer have wild frontiers in need of a certain amount of taming or civilizing. That's all been done a long time ago, maybe even overdone, so we really need to close out that chapter of our nation's development asap. before our big cities overflow even more, and we become a third world nation.
this practice of allowing massive immigration is merely an old traditional habit, and it has outlived its usefulness to us as a nation of citizens, for the most part.

Last edited by 2bpurrfect; 02-09-2015 at 02:30 AM..

Old 02-10-2015, 01:31 PM

2,409 posts, read 2,500,576 times
Quote:
we as a whole nation used to need immigration since there was a lot of wide open spaces, and huge expanses of unsettled land. but that was a long time ago, we don't really need much immigration AT ALL now. we are no longer a colony being colonized, well, not officially, anyway! and we no longer have wild frontiers in need of a certain amount of taming or civilizing. That's all been done a long time ago, maybe even overdone, so we really need to close out that chapter of our nation's development asap. before our big cities overflow even more, and we become a third world nation.
this practice of allowing massive immigration is merely an old traditional habit, and it has outlived its usefulness to us as a nation of citizens, for the most part.
You didn't forget declining and aging population, did you? Last time I checked, the US birth rate was way below what is needed to produce enough young citizens to take care of the elderly whose population is growing exponentially.

Old 02-10-2015, 02:54 PM

31,888 posts, read 14,678,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmFest View Post
You didn't forget declining and aging population, did you? Last time I checked, the US birth rate was way below what is needed to produce enough young citizens to take care of the elderly whose population is growing exponentially.
Ideally, we should reduce our population rather than to increase it. Besides, if it is determined in the future that we have a shortage of humans in this country then we could increase our legal immigration numbers. Right now we have millions of Americans out of work so now is not the time. Illegal immigration is out of the question.

Old 02-10-2015, 03:44 PM

7,846 posts, read 5,049,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Ideally, we should reduce our population rather than to increase it. Besides, if it is determined in the future that we have a shortage of humans in this country then we could increase our legal immigration numbers. Right now we have millions of Americans out of work so now is not the time. Illegal immigration is out of the question.
No, we should not reduce our population.

A declining population is a declining economy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or