U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-13-2015, 02:15 PM
 
10,026 posts, read 8,901,419 times
Reputation: 5888

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
Please enlighten me as to the epidemic of illegal immigrant welfare fraud. It is clearly widescale and bankrupting our country.

You can't be serious? Studies show most illegals use welfare. Welfare Use by Immigrant Households with Children | Center for Immigration Studies
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-13-2015, 02:17 PM
 
31,996 posts, read 14,770,092 times
Reputation: 8542
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Exactly. While I don't want to support Americans who chose not to better themselves, I definitely don't want to support illegals and most of them do receive welfare. We shouldn't have to support them as they bring nothing positive.
They violate our immigration laws, take jobs from Americans by working for less (and yes the employers are just as guilty, reduce wages for Americans, give birth on our dime (and of course that means welfare thru them), suck our tax coffers dry, overcrowd our schools, jails and hospitals, add to our crime rates, commit felony ID theft or tax evasion and we are supposed to feel sorry for them? I don't care what race or ethnicity they are either. Oh, I forgot that makes me a bigot.

We have enough of our own law breaking citizens in this country but we can't deport them and I am glad when they have to face justice and are sent to jail. We certainly don't need to add foreign law breakers to the mix who don't even have a right to be in this country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-13-2015, 02:22 PM
 
10,026 posts, read 8,901,419 times
Reputation: 5888
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
They violate our immigration laws, take jobs from Americans by working for less (and yes the employers are just as guilty, reduce wages for Americans, give birth on our dime (and of course that means welfare thru them), suck our tax coffers dry, overcrowd our schools, jails and hospitals, add to our crime rates, commit felony ID theft or tax evasion and we are supposed to feel sorry for them? I don't care what race or ethnicity they are either. Oh, I forgot that makes me a bigot.

We have enough of our own law breaking citizens in this country but we can't deport them and I am glad when they have to face justice and are sent to jail. We certainly don't need to add foreign law breakers to the mix who don't even have a right to be in this country.
Yeah I suppose I am a bigot too. I'm supposed to feel sorry for them and support paying more in taxes for them or for Americans who can't find jobs because of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-13-2015, 02:26 PM
 
31,996 posts, read 14,770,092 times
Reputation: 8542
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
If I was saying something like they deserve to be killed or something that's another story. No, they should be deported and should not take advantage of our welfare system since it's not for them.





Who said I hate Mexicans? I love one and my family has several Mexicans so what's your point? none are illegal. Illegals can be any race.




Many of those "kids" were criminals. Most of us have a problem with them because they will be a drain on taxes.
Amazing isn't it that because we object to illegal aliens being here "because it is against the law" and is costing us dearly in so many ways that makes us bigots and xenophobes to these pro-illegals. I don't object to legal immigration nor do I object to Mexicans who are here legally and respect the rule of law. All lawbreakers are "people" but what has that to do with anything. "People" don't have the right to break laws. If they do they must be punished. In the case of illegal aliens the punishment is deportation according to our immigration laws. American lawbreakers are people to but WTH does that have to do with our criminal justice system?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-13-2015, 02:43 PM
 
Location: southern california
55,237 posts, read 72,664,130 times
Reputation: 47469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I never said that "some" Americans don't hire illegal aliens. What I said is that law abiding Americans do not and that makes up the majority of Americans. 60 million illegals? You got a link to a stat that states there are that many here? Last I read most government stats claim around 12 million. I do think there are more than that but certainly not 60 million.

Drugs and our youth have nothing to do with the issue at hand. Illegals are stealing jobs from adult Americans also and it has nothing to do with their supposed drug consumption. Illegal aliens have no right to work in our homes, businesses or community organizations. It's against the law or doesn't that matter? I suggest you be a bit more civil in here and what I post is the truth. You don't tell other posters you don't agree with not to post in here either.
U r correct there is a great lack of civility on CDf I don't need to be part of it. My apology is given
Your opinion should be heard and respected regardless of my own
What you have said for you is reality and truth
What I have experienced here has in no way touched you
Why should u believe any differently
Please consider however in your judgement of my opinions that I live 12 miles from the border know Mexico well and am fluent
This is our 3rd amnesty if u add up the sum of all 3 you get a total of 60 million
Currently critics of the government estimates (10 million) say it's twice what they claim=20 million

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 02-13-2015 at 02:54 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-13-2015, 02:52 PM
 
31,996 posts, read 14,770,092 times
Reputation: 8542
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
U r correct there is a great lack of civility on CDf I don't need to be part of it. My apology is given
Your opinion should be heard and respected regardless of my own
What you have said for you is reality and truth
What I have experienced here has in no way touched you
Why should u believe any differently
Please consider however in your judgement of my opinions that I live 12 miles from the border know Mexico well and am fluent
Apology accepted. I fail to see what you living 12 miles from the border or that you speak Spanish has to do with our right to enforce our immigration laws. As law abiding citizens we are obligated to respect those laws and not make excuses for illegal aliens being here. I am sorry if you are in denial that they have a negative impact on our jobs, tax coffers and our citizens in general. I only need one argument though and that it is against the law to come here illegally and to work here. For some reason the apologists for illegal aliens don't think that is reason enough and attempt to demonize those of us for the rule of law instead. I think they need to examine their own consciences and their agendas on this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-13-2015, 03:04 PM
 
10,026 posts, read 8,901,419 times
Reputation: 5888
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Amazing isn't it that because we object to illegal aliens being here "because it is against the law" and is costing us dearly in so many ways that makes us bigots and xenophobes to these pro-illegals. I don't object to legal immigration nor do I object to Mexicans who are here legally and respect the rule of law. All lawbreakers are "people" but what has that to do with anything. "People" don't have the right to break laws. If they do they must be punished. In the case of illegal aliens the punishment is deportation according to our immigration laws. American lawbreakers are people to but WTH does that have to do with our criminal justice system?
Because they know we are right and figure they have nothing else to defend themselves about. Race is an easy way they think because their brains aren't intelligent enough.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-13-2015, 03:35 PM
 
31,996 posts, read 14,770,092 times
Reputation: 8542
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Because they know we are right and figure they have nothing else to defend themselves about. Race is an easy way they think because their brains aren't intelligent enough.
You're right. Ultimately, they have to resort to personal attacks and put unwarranted labels on us because they have nothing else. They certainly aren't on the right side of the law. They either hire illegal aliens are bleeding heart liberals or have ethnic ties to them. None of the above is justification for their position.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-13-2015, 04:23 PM
 
20,611 posts, read 12,382,004 times
Reputation: 5895
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
Who made a personal attack? When a poster clearly has a problem with "illegals" and "aliens," it is based on bigotry or xenophobia. Illegal immigrants are people, dammit. Perhaps you should learn what constitutes a personal attack before accusing me as such.



1) Mexican is not a race. Mexican is an ethnicity.
2) The fact that you "hate" an entire classification of people is why I asked you to admit your bigotry. Hating an entire group of people is the dictionary definition.



You obviously have a huge issue with "illegal aliens," who are people.

Did you have a "huge issue" with those Latin American children spilling over our borders?
I have a BIG problem with ALL illegal aliens and, I want their law breaking kind deported. Period. Too; I want employers who hire them KNOWING those people are illegal also arrested, tried and thrown in prison along with seizing all of their assets.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-13-2015, 04:39 PM
 
Location: southern california
55,237 posts, read 72,664,130 times
Reputation: 47469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Apology accepted. I fail to see what you living 12 miles from the border or that you speak Spanish has to do with our right to enforce our immigration laws. As law abiding citizens we are obligated to respect those laws and not make excuses for illegal aliens being here. I am sorry if you are in denial that they have a negative impact on our jobs, tax coffers and our citizens in general. I only need one argument though and that it is against the law to come here illegally and to work here. For some reason the apologists for illegal aliens don't think that is reason enough and attempt to demonize those of us for the rule of law instead. I think they need to examine their own consciences and their agendas on this.
i am not in denial about anything. all illegal activities hurt society.
what i am saying is that american citizens involvement is far more than what you are asserting.
my background was only given to try to clarify why 2 law abiding citizens like us would have different opinions of american involvement in illegal alien hiring and the extent of illegal immigration into this country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top