U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-10-2014, 04:06 PM
 
31,483 posts, read 14,565,596 times
Reputation: 8353

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by James420 View Post
We don't have the numbers of illegals up here like they do in the south, but the legal ones so far have been good, work wise. Some of illegals work has been shoddy, and others decent. I know because of companies that were turned in for hiring illegals. Here's how it worked, the legal immigrant got a business license which is 75 bucks, then through a partner scored insurance for himself which was a million dollar policy, but the catch is he wasn't allowed to hire anyone because he didn't get workman's comp. So he hired 6 illegals to work with him and paid them basically nothing, or else. Or else means, see ya, back to Mexico. Its kind of a mixed bag when it comes to their work, some good, some not so good.

I know what a lot of people think, the legals can work for any amount they want to. So who cares if 15 guys with their families share a house, or only one of them has a car. Is that the kind of sacrifice that an American has been taught he or she has to make while working in a back breaking, knee busting, trade? Without decent healthcare, vacation or any kind of benefits? How many people would want to join the plumbing trade if that's your outlook? In a trade residential wise that the wages have been stagnant since the late 90s, the trades as it is have been losing benefits like vacation for years and its only getting worse. That goes for carpenters, sheet rockers, and roofers. Its one thing to have your job shipped overseas because thousands of workers will do that job for 1.00 an hour, its totally different when the job stays here in your face everyday and to compete, you have to keep lowering your standards.

There's gonna be a point where everybody's job is considered low skill, then what? Just wait till all those kids learning english in school graduate.
If illegals weren't here employers would be forced to hire Americans or legal immigrants and that's the bottom line. I'm not understanding your point about kids learning English assuming you mean illegal aliens. Wait for what? Are you saying that they will also work for slave labor wages after graduating from our schools? At some point this illegal immigration mess has got to end and the sooner the better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-10-2014, 04:28 PM
 
Location: Lewes, Delaware
3,463 posts, read 3,007,560 times
Reputation: 1867
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
If illegals weren't here employers would be forced to hire Americans or legal immigrants and that's the bottom line. I'm not understanding your point about kids learning English assuming you mean illegal aliens. Wait for what? Are you saying that they will also work for slave labor wages after graduating from our schools? At some point this illegal immigration mess has got to end and the sooner the better.
Basically yes they will, but they'll be infiltrating more jobs, white collar jobs....., and yes it needs to stop. I don't know if Americans realize how bad its going to get if the illegals are given amnesty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-10-2014, 04:48 PM
 
20,611 posts, read 12,282,218 times
Reputation: 5895
Quote:
Originally Posted by James420 View Post
Basically yes they will, but they'll be infiltrating more jobs, white collar jobs....., and yes it needs to stop. I don't know if Americans realize how bad its going to get if the illegals are given amnesty.
It's starting to happen in Cali like you're scared of. Word is illegal aliens there can now get licenses to practice "law".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-10-2014, 09:08 PM
 
Location: Mexifornia
913 posts, read 735,341 times
Reputation: 920
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
we have immigration, specifically mexican illegal immigration bek there is a huge gap in blue collar labor. mexican people move on up and get skilled trade jobs. we have no interest in these jobs.
until this changes the laws of supply and demand will continue to operate.
here is another thing you can do. tell junior to mow the lawn and do the dishes and laundry since he lives with you free and does not work. lay off pedro and maria.
They've moved onto white collar jobs, Undocumented Immigrant Sworn In As Attorney In California CBS Sacramento

Pedro and Maria will still find a way to undercut Juniors free labor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-11-2014, 07:33 AM
 
Location: St Louis, MO
4,677 posts, read 4,590,732 times
Reputation: 2966
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
It's starting to happen in Cali like you're scared of. Word is illegal aliens there can now get licenses to practice "law".
Foreign nationals have always been able to get a license to practice law in the US. It is actually one of the few ways for a Mexican national to get eventually permanent residency without a sponsoring relative. (It is more complicated than just getting the law license, because you have to open a practice in the US with a certain level of investment, but it is a way to do it.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-11-2014, 07:52 AM
 
31,483 posts, read 14,565,596 times
Reputation: 8353
Quote:
Originally Posted by marigolds6 View Post
Foreign nationals have always been able to get a license to practice law in the US. It is actually one of the few ways for a Mexican national to get eventually permanent residency without a sponsoring relative. (It is more complicated than just getting the law license, because you have to open a practice in the US with a certain level of investment, but it is a way to do it.)
Being a foreign national is one thing aka being here legally but being able to practice law as an illegal alien is quite another.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-11-2014, 08:42 AM
 
14,206 posts, read 7,402,658 times
Reputation: 8018
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeauCharles View Post
Why Do We Need Immigration?
"Why More Immigration is Bad for America"
because we abort a huge portion of our children
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-11-2014, 09:11 AM
 
31,483 posts, read 14,565,596 times
Reputation: 8353
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
because we abort a huge portion of our children
Our birth rates are still nearly double our death rates.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-11-2014, 09:46 AM
 
Location: St Louis, MO
4,677 posts, read 4,590,732 times
Reputation: 2966
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Being a foreign national is one thing aka being here legally but being able to practice law as an illegal alien is quite another.
A foreign national is not here at all, much less legally. They can get a work visa after passing the bar, but when they pass the bar they are "illegal" in the sense that they have no legal right to reside or work in the US.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-11-2014, 09:56 AM
 
Location: St Louis, MO
4,677 posts, read 4,590,732 times
Reputation: 2966
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Our birth rates are still nearly double our death rates.
Which is only because are life expectancy is increasing. Fertility rates are still below replacement rates (which basically means that women are not having enough children in their lifetimes to replace themselves).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top