U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2014, 09:12 PM

7,846 posts, read 5,036,221 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
IMHO the "liberal" of 50 years ago ain't today's liberal. Back then liberals cared about the little people and wanted ALL "races" to do well. The ones today scare me and I'm being nice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
I agree 100%! It is scary to think of what today's liberals have become
I know... those libruls are so scary now!!! They want universal health care, background checks on guns, and a stronger middle class
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2014, 11:41 PM

23,602 posts, read 31,161,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Our infrastructure is crumbling because we don't have the money to fix it. We are deep in debt---so where is the money supposed to come from? Do we keep borrowing from China? Then what? Leave it to future generations to deal with it and suffer the consequences?

I still wonder how liberals went from wanting zero population growth to now wanting to overpopulate the country with functionally illiterate illegal aliens. Yet, liberals worry about global warming, leaving large carbon footprints and green living. All this shows what hypocrites they are. They can't really be worried about those things when they keep wanting more illegals into this country.
This liberal never got to have children.

And since I'm now getting too old to have them (just turned 39), I confess that I care less about my carbon footprint or green living. What's the point? I have no stake in the future.

Old 09-13-2014, 09:10 AM

20,611 posts, read 12,290,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post

And since I'm now getting too old to have them (just turned 39), I confess that I care less about my carbon footprint or green living. What's the point? I have no stake in the future.
That's just sad, Big D. But you did what you thought was right.

IMHO you ain't much of a "liberal" by 2014 rules.

Old 09-13-2014, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
I know... those libruls are so scary now!!! They want universal health care, background checks on guns, and a stronger middle class
Stop it, please. Wanting any kind of amnesty for ILLEGAL aliens ain't good for most Americans, especially the ones who are in the trades. Sheesh!

Too; like I've said many times before, it's def time to slow down even legal immigration but favor educated people or ones who've got some money.

Old 09-13-2014, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Stop it, please. Wanting any kind of amnesty for ILLEGAL aliens ain't good for most Americans, especially the ones who are in the trades. Sheesh!

Too; like I've said many times before, it's def time to slow down even legal immigration but favor educated people or ones who've got some money.
The mathematics say you're wrong. We need immigration more than ever now. A birth rate if 1.9 is not replacement. The problem is our own economic policy at home. We won't raise the minimum wage or increase union membership. The right-wing is just looking for its usual scapegoat for failed policy.

Old 09-13-2014, 11:34 AM

11,501 posts, read 5,515,070 times
Quote:

^So very true!

If liberals wanted a "stronger middle class", they sure have a funny way of showing it

After all, it's the dems who are fighting tooth and nail to NOT make E-verify the law of the land. They also refuse to weed out the 8 million no-match SSNs out of the work force. GW Bush tried to do that but the despicable ACLU sued to stop it by using some flimsy excuse that E-verify had a 4% error rate. Never mind that the SSA has procedures in place to fix those errors.

I also don't see either party making moves to abolish the H-1B visa program. The few politicians who are speaking up when it comes to this issue are republicans. The strange thing is at one time one would expect the dems to have done this because they truly looked out for the poor, working and middle classes. Now dems put illegals ahead of Americans.

Neither party is looking out for Americans. However, at one time I would have expected much, much better from the democrats

Old 09-13-2014, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
The mathematics say you're wrong. We need immigration more than ever now. A birth rate if 1.9 is not replacement. The problem is our own economic policy at home. We won't raise the minimum wage or increase union membership. The right-wing is just looking for its usual scapegoat for failed policy.
I think you just trapped youself there: cutting down baby making was def a LEFT wing thing there, NOT a "right wing" thing. Sheesh!

I still say we DON'T need any illegal aliens. Legal aliens are Ok if their numbers and home countries have cultures that MATCH ours. That cuts out most Hispanics, Muslims and so on tho a few from those places are decent and have the good odds of becoming "American" at heart or at least their kids will.

Old 09-13-2014, 02:53 PM

1,859 posts, read 1,959,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeauCharles View Post
I placed this under the Illegal Immigration subforum, but it applies to all immigration - legal and otherwise. In a development country of well over 300 million people with substantial unemployment why do we need any immigration? It seems like it has some inertia of its own that can't be explained in any way that makes sense by politicians, immigration activists or employers/business. This is not an sparsely settled, wide open country of the late 1800s and eventually we need to put out the "no vacancy" sign for the sake of our standard of living/quality of life.

"Why More Immigration is Bad for America"
Excellent point. Theoretically, immigration is suppose to be to the benefit of the country, not the person who insists they have the right to immigrate to that country, regardless of their immigration policy.

The U.S. experienced the Industrial Revolution during the 1800's and early 1900's allowing millions of people to come here for a better life. Those immigrants came here at a time when their was no such thing as welfare, food stamps, sec 8 housing, free ESL classes, and other numerous subsidies. Today, there is no need for immigration. Corporations have managed to convince there is a need for the H1B visa, when they real reason is to hire white collar workers at slave wages. The U.S. produces more than enough college graduates on its own, without importing more students. Americans must be high functioning. Much of the new immigrants here are nothing but a burden to this country to say the least, they don't speak English, and they have no education, any a large percent end up in our prisons. Immigrants with education do nothing but exacerbate an already bad economy, taking jobs away from Americans, and lowering wages.

Old 09-14-2014, 11:03 AM

Quote:
I think you just trapped youself there: cutting down baby making was def a LEFT wing thing there, NOT a "right wing" thing. Sheesh!
My argument is strictly numerical. My point was right-wing economics is the problem in this country; not immigration.

Quote:
I still say we DON'T need any illegal aliens.
I don't think anyone's argument is that we NEED illegal aliens. We do however, NEED immigration unless we can get those birth rates up.

Quote:
Legal aliens are Ok if their numbers and home countries have cultures that MATCH ours. That cuts out most Hispanics, Muslims and so on tho a few from those places are decent and have the good odds of becoming "American" at heart or at least their kids will.
Basically, you are saying legal aliens are ok as long as they are White and Christian. There is no "American at heart." So long as a person contributes to society economically and follows our laws, they are American. There are plenty of "American" Muslims and Latinos.

Old 09-14-2014, 01:00 PM

11,435 posts, read 15,949,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post

YOu're not TOO OLD.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or