Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2015, 04:08 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,901,778 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
Yes, always true. If there are 10 people that need food, the demand for food is to service 10 people. What happens to demand when the population drops to 5 people?

Japan's problems are not hard to figure out; population decline is economic decline. A country with menial birth replacement cannot sustain economic growth.

Overpopulation is a myth.

What part of basic math do you not understand?!?! It takes just over 2 humans to replace a population. Less than 2 doesn't cut it. Here is a 1.5 person birth rate.

Bob & Mary ----> Bob, Jr.

William & Jennifer ---> Shawn & Ashley

4 people made 3 people.

Did you forget the undeniable fact that 100% - ONE HUNDRED PERCENT of humans die. If you can't comprehend the basic math, you can't contribute anything logical to this discussion.
Try again, please. With safe water being a bigger problem these days: having too many people IS a big problem. I'm in Arizona and water ain't real easy to find compared to Michigan or Florida. This is the US: many places are in deep trouble for safe water like most of Africa, Middle East and Asia. I really don't trust most of LatAm either.

The US has about 320 million people; we don't "need" more. I'd like to see LESS people, maybe about 250 million.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2015, 04:24 PM

62,940 posts, read 29,134,396 times
We don't need to replace 2 for 2 or 1 for 1. We need to reduce our population and stabilize its growth. Much better to have a smaller population to fit a smaller economy. More resources and jobs for everyone else. We allow in over 1 million "legal" immigrants a year. That's not enough based on the above? Uncontrolled illegal immigration is a big negative on our country in so many ways.

Old 02-11-2015, 05:39 PM

7,846 posts, read 6,404,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Try again, please. With safe water being a bigger problem these days: having too many people IS a big problem. I'm in Arizona and water ain't real easy to find compared to Michigan or Florida. This is the US: many places are in deep trouble for safe water like most of Africa, Middle East and Asia. I really don't trust most of LatAm either.
Safe water is not a problem we can't fix. We choose not to fix it. We have the resources and technology to allow every human on this planet access to clean water. We just choose not to care, because caring and profit don't mix. Water is a renewable resource, remember.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
The US has about 320 million people; we don't "need" more. I'd like to see LESS people, maybe about 250 million.
"More people" was never the argument. What part of stable population is so hard to comprehend?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
We don't need to replace 2 for 2 or 1 for 1. We need to reduce our population and stabilize its growth. Much better to have a smaller population to fit a smaller economy. More resources and jobs for everyone else. We allow in over 1 million "legal" immigrants a year. That's not enough based on the above? Uncontrolled illegal immigration is a big negative on our country in so many ways.
I swear this is like talking to a wall.

1) There is no "uncontrolled illegal immigration." We let immigrants in. Do you think our government can't militarize the border if it wanted to?

2) Why do we need to reduce our population to make YOU feel more comfortable? As I said dozens of times, population decline is economic decline. The capitalists don't give a damn about your comfort or your bigotry. They are going to get their profit.

Old 02-11-2015, 06:27 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,901,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
Safe water is not a problem we can't fix. We choose not to fix it. We have the resources and technology to allow every human on this planet access to clean water. We just choose not to care, because caring and profit don't mix. Water is a renewable resource, remember.

"More people" was never the argument. What part of stable population is so hard to comprehend?

I swear this is like talking to a wall.

1) There is no "uncontrolled illegal immigration." We let immigrants in. Do you think our government can't militarize the border if it wanted to?

2) Why do we need to reduce our population to make YOU feel more comfortable? As I said dozens of times, population decline is economic decline. The capitalists don't give a damn about your comfort or your bigotry. They are going to get their profit.
Not a thing bad about being a bigot, if talking about ILLEGAL aliens of ANY race. 1 HUGE reason the "capitalists" are such fat cats is BECAUSE of immigration, legal AND illegal. Their rich kind cry about having to pay more money for the "hired help", it sucks to be them if they're that greedy.

The US does NOT "need" more people. Period. Unless you're willing to toss out the PWT tweakers, Black hood rats and other bottom feeder US citizens and replace them with better quality LEGAL aliens who'd probably fit into our American culture.

Old 02-11-2015, 07:24 PM

So those of us who are opposed to illegal immigration but are ok with legal immigrants in reasonable numbers are bigots? Really???

Old 02-11-2015, 07:46 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Who's "we"? It isn't most regular Americans that hire them. If hired through an agency then it is the agencies responsibility to hire legal workers. Please stop lumping the majority of Americans in with those that hire them by using words like "us".

You're wrong that the majority of our youth and adults refuse to do blue-collared jobs for a fair wage and there is nothing laughable about this whole issue either.
Your response uses loaded words "fair wage" for United auto workers means $80 an hour for 4 hrs work done in 8 with tons of ot
"Regular Americans" who do you think staff the pd the government and church ????
Martians???? We are the majority and we do subcontract and use illegals

Old 02-11-2015, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
Your response uses loaded words "fair wage" for United auto workers means $80 an hour for 4 hrs work done in 8 with tons of ot
"Regular Americans" who do you think staff the pd the government and church ????
Martians???? We are the majority and we do subcontract and use illegals
A fair wage is not a loaded word. I have no idea what United Auto workers make. I doubt there are many illegals working in that industry anyway. Illegals have flooded the construction, landscaping, restaurant and hospitality industries. You don't suppose they get hired because they work for less than the going wage do you?

Regular, law abiding Americans don't hire illegal aliens. I don't know why you'd think otherwise. We aren't all a bunch of cheating crooks, you know. Martians? What does that mean and where did I use the word Martians in any of my posts?

Old 02-11-2015, 09:15 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,968,512 times
Old Glory"A fair wage is"

whatever employer and employee agreed to. Whether blue, white, or pink collar.

Old 02-11-2015, 09:15 PM

22,471 posts, read 11,995,014 times
I agree---It is like "talking to a wall" when it comes to Opin_Yunated. He seems to think that we have infinite natural resources when, in reality, we are running out of potable water and buildable land. Despite this, he still wants to overpopulate the world.

Take a look at post #24 in this thread that is currently active:

Is immigration the only way to solve the declining birth rate in developed countries?

In that post is a chart that explains what the population of this country will be like in 2050 if our current immigration levels remain constant. It also shows what the population would be if we cut off immigration entirely. In the latter scenario, it shows that we would still gain 40 million more people.

Old 02-11-2015, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
I agree---It is like "talking to a wall" when it comes to Opin_Yunated. He seems to think that we have infinite natural resources when, in reality, we are running out of potable water and buildable land. Despite this, he still wants to overpopulate the world.

Take a look at post #24 in this thread that is currently active:

Is immigration the only way to solve the declining birth rate in developed countries?

In that post is a chart that explains what the population of this country will be like in 2050 if our current immigration levels remain constant. It also shows what the population would be if we cut off immigration entirely. In the latter scenario, it shows that we would still gain 40 million more people.
IMO, I think he is only interested in making sure we keep populating this country with massive legal and illegal immigration. He wants the world to move here and here only. If you use common sense and don't desire that it makes you a bigot, I guess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration