U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2007, 01:20 PM

206 posts, read 365,752 times

Advertisements

I stay away from restaurants because I don't want to catch hepatitis or worse...So Cal has become the hepatitis capitol of the nation as a result of the invasion...A while back, there was a story (that was quickly hushed) about how people attending a party catered by Wolfgang Puck caught the disease by eating the food.

Maybe, we should turn the whole restaurant thing to advantage and boycott the industry as a whole until they start hiring Americans or legal residents who have passed health screenings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2007, 01:20 PM

23,001 posts, read 31,949,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotSoGood View Post
yes action is needed and I am at it now, lookss like I have to stay on them.

wish the people would wake up and do something like arizona. we are ready to retire and mom and I feel a bit fearful good chance when they planned this the took in concideration us and whom the neighbors are , two older women living across the street and the eldery neighbors.
I told them to shutup and the guy came over and inavertantly said he new karate.Guess what I have a bat and big dog.
I told him don't get under my window and make all that noise no one else has
a group of non english speaking people flopping in our basements and garages! gads...cooking guts in the frontyard,people coming and going all hours of the night.
looks like they added more people today.

I will be be looking closely at which states actually have enforced immigration laws for us to reitre too.I want some peace.
I would suggest if you can sell your house and at least break even, get out of there ASAP. When illegals start moving into your neighborhood, things will only get worse. I know a lot of people in VA and MD who are living this out now including me. My family is renting so we can bounce at any time, even if illegals have pushed our hood into the undesirable. Can't say the same for those who own property.

And also be prepared to defend yourself. You never know what illegals are capable of as you'll see in this story.
http://www.nbc4.com/news/14816842/detail.html

Old 12-26-2007, 01:34 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
I would suggest if you can sell your house and at least break even, get out of there ASAP. When illegals start moving into your neighborhood, things will only get worse. I know a lot of people in VA and MD who are living this out now including me. My family is renting so we can bounce at any time, even if illegals have pushed our hood into the undesirable. Can't say the same for those who own property.

And also be prepared to defend yourself. You never know what illegals are capable of as you'll see in this story.
http://www.nbc4.com/news/14816842/detail.html
Thomas Sowell the sociologist was right:

As new groups considered to be undesirable move into an area; oftentimes the old timers clear out assuming the authorities do nothing otherwise.

I would do that exact same thing

Old 12-26-2007, 01:37 PM

News commentaries have focused almost exclusively on the banking industry and real estate speculators in relation to the sub-prime mess. But, I suspect illegal immigration has played a role in the current housing crisis by placing upward pressure on prices while deteriorating neighborhoods. I've heard that banks were eager to fund alien clown-houses because they knew that the fact that the owners planned to make a profit by turning into a day-laborer boarding house & charging rent ensured the loan would be paid. In fact, I suspect those no-doc loans that didn't require income or social security verification were created, in part, to capture the illegal alien market.

So, we got higher home prices for less desirable neighborhoods. At least, that's what happened here in Mexifornia.

BTW, the lack of desirability in a neighborhood for me has nothing to do with the ethnicity of the residents, but with the conditions they create: noise from increased occupancy, increased foot traffic, noisy gatherings, a fleet of unsightly cars parked everywhere (including the front lawn), inconsiderate & uncivilized neighbors...But, more and more, this is becoming the scene of a typical So Cal neighborhood--neighborhoods that used to be middle-class.

Old 12-26-2007, 01:49 PM

419 posts, read 1,808,662 times
Default Low wage immigrant workers need somewhere to live

I suspect that the people who ignore your requests to deal with overcrowding in the homes nearby fall into the following mindsets:

The believe that housing is overpriced and understand that the only way people who make under $8.00 an hour can afford to survive is to live in a group house.

They were told by community leaders to ignore the overcrowding calls because if they do anything the City will be called racist. Statistically Hispanics are more likely to live in group homes with a higher number of people per square feet than white people. If they enforce overcrowding they will be called racists and maybe sued.

The business community who employ the people who are living in the overcrowded house do not want a crack down or they will lose their workforce. They tell the city leaders to cool it.

Liberals who believe in multiculturalism tell us we need to adapt to the culture of other groups. The Hispanic culture will traditionally live many people to a small home and stand around the street. We need to adapt to them.

Old 12-26-2007, 02:03 PM

20,014 posts, read 20,509,618 times
Thats the first time I've heard the phrase "Clown houses". A very fitting description.
I feel your pain Notsogood and all those in So Cal. There are a few of those houses across from me or was. I moved to the county. Still havent sold the house tho.

Old 12-26-2007, 02:06 PM

Zoning laws exist for good reasons, such as avoiding fire and overall safety hazards. But, we should ignore common sense to accommodate the preferences of a particular population. Does that sound right?

If we go down this path, there won't be any laws that we'll be able to enforce.

Old 12-26-2007, 02:11 PM

17,279 posts, read 24,961,305 times
I don't mind even two families sharing a home if necessary, but I have personally crossed out many neighborhoods, homes, and streets from my list of places I'd live when looking to buy SPECIFICALLY because the neighborhood association is too weak to stop 15 unrelated people from sharing a house meant for ONE family. I've known several others who have done the same thing. Nothing says trouble like viewing a pristine, historically restored property across the street from a flop house with 6 cars in the driveway, front lawn, and blocking the roadway.

Cities and towns that don't wisen up and actually ENFORCE their zoning laws will end up slums.

Old 12-26-2007, 03:15 PM

9,321 posts, read 16,133,484 times
Best of luck to you in getting rid of them. We fled CA because we saw this train wreck coming.

Old 12-26-2007, 03:16 PM

29 posts, read 51,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
I doubt that the health dept and police would be amused by the deliberate poisoning of restaurant patrons if that is what you are suggesting.
More proof of how your kinds are so indisposible.
to be truthful, when rarely we dine out, it is upscale and the
folks that own yes ARE lations, greet us by 1st names, they speak perfect english as well as all the staff. would never wonder think what kind of stinking guts might be cooking their front yard.
boils down to whats always said over and over , if you are here to become american fine,if you are playing that dumb race card sending all your money out of the country you'll get what we real americans give best a nice boot out!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration