U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2014, 07:28 PM

21,604 posts, read 26,281,486 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty Above All Else View Post
I wonder how the leftist are going to spin this one...

Now in 40 states and D.C...

Funny how states where illegal were sent showed the first outbreaks...
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
4 kids dead already. I hope the government's zero-enforcement immigration policy is worth it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nema98 View Post
To me it does not matter and nor have I heard about this disease being rife among children of illegal aliens.
What is important is to stop the spread of this disease and that means learning more about it. Diseases always pop up, sometimes they mutate from certain animals to humans.

Scary thing is that this new virus leaves children paralyzed.
Nema is correct.

There is no evidence that this disease has any relationship to immigration, illegal or otherwise.

To quote myself (again):

http://www.city-data.com/forum/36498149-post9.html

The virus is present world-wide, including in the US, most people who get it just have cold symptoms, and it has caused several clusters of illness before.

Old 10-01-2014, 11:36 PM

3,400 posts, read 5,489,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Nema is correct.

There is no evidence that this disease has any relationship to immigration, illegal or otherwise.

To quote myself (again):

The virus is present world-wide, including in the US, most people who get it just have cold symptoms, and it has caused several clusters of illness before.
So is tuberculosis, which was all but deemed a relic before our open border policy ramped that back up. Now we have drug-resistant strains to deal with. Happy?

I'm not expecting you to connect any dots, but considering that the gubmint has done a fine job keeping a tight lid on where they shuttle illegals to and these cases just pop up out of nowhere and the CDC head doesn't know what he's talking about, it's not a pretty picture for the PC-crowd.

Old 10-02-2014, 12:06 AM

4,929 posts, read 3,509,665 times
Quote:
Nema is correct.

To quote myself (again):

The bigger issue is that speculative threads such as this happen because of lack of accountability and honesty on the part of the administration.

Tens of thousands of illegal immigrants flowing across the southern border + lack of adequate health inspections at detention centers + reports (issued by both the CDC and the DHS) acknowledging the presence of apparent respiratory illness among illegals + reports from DHS and the BP of agents being diagnosed with scabies and other assorted medical conditions + illegals being transported to unknown cities and states throughout the country + the start of school + a virus that up until now had only 100 diagnosed cases since its recognition back in the 1960's + thousands of kids in multiple states contracting the same virus that began as respiratory (but also appears to cause paralysis in some kids) + CDC not knowing (even though the virus began spreading in August) the cause of this outbreak of the virus + an administration that has repeatedly demonstrated an inclination to lie to the American public = an American public that needs answers and does not get answers.

A perfect storm. One perfect storm among many perfect storms that seems to be brewing in this country right now. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out the reasons why Americans are worried and distrustful. THAT'S the bigger picture in this whole thing.

Old 10-02-2014, 12:46 AM

21,604 posts, read 26,281,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfredB1979 View Post
So is tuberculosis, which was all but deemed a relic before our open border policy ramped that back up. Now we have drug-resistant strains to deal with. Happy?

I'm not expecting you to connect any dots, but considering that the gubmint has done a fine job keeping a tight lid on where they shuttle illegals to and these cases just pop up out of nowhere and the CDC head doesn't know what he's talking about, it's not a pretty picture for the PC-crowd.

The TB rate is actually decreasing.

CDC | TB | Fact Sheets | Trends in Tuberculosis – United States

Two thirds of cases are in foreign born persons, but that includes people here legally.

The highest rate is in Asians, followed by Native Hawaiians and other Pacific islanders.
Overall, the number of drug resistant cases has also decreased, though most of those are in (not always illegal) immigrants.

By the way, the kids arriving recently are coming from countries where vaccination rates are high:

Disease Threat From Immigrant Children Wildly Overstated - The Texas Observer

"Consider, for example, Guatemala. According to the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF), Guatemalan kids are more likely than Texans to be immunized for most infectious diseases. Guatemala has universal health care. Vaccines are 100 percent funded by the government."

"Fact check: UNICEF reports that 93 percent of kids in Guatemala, Honduras and El Salvador are vaccinated against measles. That’s better than American kids (92 percent).

Furthermore, it’s absurd to claim that the U.S. has eradicated measles while Central America has not. In fact, measles outbreaks have resurged in some American cities. By contrast, according to the World Health Organization, neither Guatemala nor Honduras has had a reported case of measles since 1990."

How about TB:

"Fewer than 1 percent of TB cases in the Americas are multi-drug-resistant, according to the WHO. Most of those cases are still treatable. According to the Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS), no cases of the more difficult extensively drug-resistant TB (XDR-TB) were reported here in 2012.

More than 90 percent of Central Americans are vaccinated against TB, according to the WHO. The vaccine, called the BCG, is imperfect. It’s used in countries where TB is still common, but some cases will break through the vaccine’s coverage."

Old 10-05-2014, 09:50 AM

10,543 posts, read 6,040,757 times
It's confirmed that the 4 year old boy on nj died of enterovirus. Thank you illegal supporters, thank you.

Old 10-05-2014, 10:06 AM

86,093 posts, read 70,127,848 times
Quote:
The TB rate is actually decreasing.

Two thirds of cases are in foreign born persons, but that includes people here legally.

The highest rate is in Asians, followed by Native Hawaiians and other Pacific islanders.
Overall, the number of drug resistant cases has also decreased, though most of those are in (not always illegal) immigrants.

By the way, the kids arriving recently are coming from countries where vaccination rates are high:

Disease Threat From Immigrant Children Wildly Overstated - The Texas Observer

"Consider, for example, Guatemala. According to the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF), Guatemalan kids are more likely than Texans to be immunized for most infectious diseases. Guatemala has universal health care. Vaccines are 100 percent funded by the government."

"Fact check: UNICEF reports that 93 percent of kids in Guatemala, Honduras and El Salvador are vaccinated against measles. That’s better than American kids (92 percent).

Furthermore, it’s absurd to claim that the U.S. has eradicated measles while Central America has not. In fact, measles outbreaks have resurged in some American cities. By contrast, according to the World Health Organization, neither Guatemala nor Honduras has had a reported case of measles since 1990."

How about TB:

"Fewer than 1 percent of TB cases in the Americas are multi-drug-resistant, according to the WHO. Most of those cases are still treatable. According to the Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS), no cases of the more difficult extensively drug-resistant TB (XDR-TB) were reported here in 2012.

More than 90 percent of Central Americans are vaccinated against TB, according to the WHO. The vaccine, called the BCG, is imperfect. It’s used in countries where TB is still common, but some cases will break through the vaccine’s coverage."
But only 25% of babies are born in hospitals in Guatamala.
You praise their "universal health care" yet few have access to it.
That dead 15 year old found in the desert was really 2 years older. He was born in a remote village and it was 2 years before his father registered his birth. His father registered his birth when his brother was born and the government registered them as twins.

So those statistics may be impressive but do not account for third world conditions.

The alphabet agencies always seem to paint a rosy picture.

Old 10-05-2014, 10:08 AM

85,074 posts, read 99,122,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
It's confirmed that the 4 year old boy on nj died of enterovirus. Thank you illegal supporters, thank you.
What makes you so sure illegal immigrants brought this disease to the US? It's been seen here before, and most of the cases are in the center of the country, far from the borders. I'm not at my usual computer with all my bookmarks, so you can Google this yourself.

Old 10-05-2014, 10:09 AM

86,093 posts, read 70,127,848 times
What I think...

That we've imported a strain that we have not seen here before..a variant.
The detention centers were full of kids with upper respiratory illnesses over the summer.
And then they got dispersed to cities all over the US.

Now they are in school and I do not think it's a mere coincidence that American children are falling sick with this "mysterious illness".

Old 10-05-2014, 10:11 AM

85,074 posts, read 99,122,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
What I think...

That we've imported a strain that we have not seen here before..a variant.
The detention centers were full of kids with upper respiratory illnesses over the summer.
And then they got dispersed to cities all over the US.

Now they are in school and I do not think it's a mere coincidence that American children are falling sick with this "mysterious illness".
Cite, cite, cite or it's just blather. I'm getting sick (no pun intended) of all this. What makes you (plural) think you know more than all the epidemiologists working on this?

Old 10-05-2014, 10:21 AM

4,929 posts, read 3,509,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Cite, cite, cite or it's just blather. I'm getting sick (no pun intended) of all this. What makes you (plural) think you know more than all the epidemiologists working on this?
But that's just the thing. We don't know more than epidemiologists. We just don't know. This endovirus was first recognized in the 1960's in this country, and from that time until this there were only 100 reported cases. That is why it was considered to be a "rare" virus. Now we have thousands of kids getting sick all across the country, some of which have been paralyzed by this virus and now some which have died from this virus.

Our government let these kids into the country. Our government did not conduct health inspections of these kids at detentions centers. Our government transported these kids to states across the country without any of the states receiving a heads-up or public announcement as to their locations. This virus began to make its appearance once school started in late August and early September and there has been no announcement as to how or why or where the outbreak of this virus got its start.

I posted it somewhere before, but the entire thing is like a math equation. The sum of the parts = suspicion, doubt and worry as to where this started and where its going. We're not talking some theoretical math problem here. We're talking about the health and safety of our kids.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration