Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2014, 05:51 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,901,778 times

Advertisements

First, ignore what politicians say and watch what they do. Democrats campaign as soft on illegal immigrants, but they're tough on them once in office. Republicans campaign as tough on illegal immigrants, but they're soft on them once in office.

Second, look at history. In 1986, it was a Republican president, Ronald Reagan, who signed an "amnesty" bill into law. Twenty years later, it was another Republican, George W. Bush, who boldly kicked off the modern debate over comprehensive immigration reform by proposing legal status for the undocumented. Meanwhile, it was a Democrat, Bill Clinton, who militarized the border with Operation Gatekeeper in 1994 and signed a 1996 immigration law that made it easier to deport people and harder to return.

Now we have another Democrat, Barack Obama, who has deported more than 2 million people, roped local police into enforcing immigration law through the program known as Secure Communities and shipped thousands of child refugees back to Central America without due process.

Navarrette: For immigration reform, vote GOP | News - KXLY.com

This story was on my smart phone and I had to do some looking on the Internet to find it.

Maybe la raza is starting to see they've been had by Obama. Word is he's been POTUS for almost 6 years an except for DACA, illegal aliens have been played. lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2014, 01:45 PM

424 posts, read 467,853 times
Yea, Obama has done some very disappointing things (including his unilateral executive DREAM Act), it is clear that he's only paying lip service to the illegals and only making a few high profile moves.

Republicans, by contrast, have granted amnesty in the past (in 1986) and pretty much looked the other way through Bush I and Bush II and allowed this problem to grow to massive proportions. And Bush II strongly supported the 2007 amnesty attempt by John McCain.

Comprehensive Immigration Reform Act of 2007 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

We know Republicans are pretty hypocritical on this issue. That said, they can't believe that legalization will be good for their numbers, right? I mean, about 90% of illegal immigrants if legalized would vote Democrat.

Old 09-12-2014, 06:50 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,080,865 times
Repubs want the illegals here for slave labor for their big business buddies and the dems want them here for votes

Old 09-12-2014, 07:06 AM

62,945 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
Repubs want the illegals here for slave labor for their big business buddies and the dems want them here for votes
No, actually the Dems want them here for votes and slave labor for their big business buddies also. It is a fallacy that only Republicans own businesses that hire illegal aliens.

Old 09-12-2014, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
No, actually the Dems want them here for votes and slave labor for their big business buddies also. It is a fallacy that only Republicans own businesses that hire illegal aliens.
True..there really is zero difference between the political parties anymore..both pretty scummy..they (politicians) remind me of B grade actors,car dealers and wrestling promoters...liars and selling poorly thought out fantasy to the stupid.

Old 09-12-2014, 01:52 PM

7,846 posts, read 6,404,740 times
Quote:
True..there really is zero difference between the political parties anymore..both pretty scummy..they (politicians) remind me of B grade actors,car dealers and wrestling promoters...liars and selling poorly thought out fantasy to the stupid.
False equivalency. The Republicans and Democrats are not equal.

Old 09-12-2014, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Well there is one difference in regards to illegal immigration and that is that Obama implemented DACA by executive order without congress' approval. He also instructed Homeland Security not to deport any illegal aliens unless they are "convicted" criminals. See my thread about deportations being down 20% since 2007.

Old 09-12-2014, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Well there is one difference in regards to illegal immigration and that is that Obama implemented DACA by executive order without congress' approval. He also instructed Homeland Security not to deport any illegal aliens unless they are "convicted" criminals. See my thread about deportations being down 20% since 2007.
I already read it..best to just look at individual politicians and see what the REALLY voted for and against..there's not a single one I trust to vote the American people's way when it comes to illegal aliens..repubs are NOT a bit better than dems in that regard.

Old 09-12-2014, 04:58 PM

Quote:
I already read it..best to just look at individual politicians and see what the REALLY voted for and against..there's not a single one I trust to vote the American people's way when it comes to illegal aliens..repubs are NOT a bit better than dems in that regard.
While I agree that they aren't much better I would draw the line in stating that they are just as bad as the Dems on this issue based on my prior post.

Old 09-12-2014, 11:43 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,285,459 times
Quote:
Choose the Form of the Destructor T-shirt!

I need this shirt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration