U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2007, 08:43 AM

11,878 posts, read 32,921,320 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Most of the anti- illegal immigration crowd are also against all forms of legal immigration. They are against family reunification, H-1 b visas, guest worker programs, diversity lottery program and any thing that would allow people to come here LEGALLY. Yet they claim they want people to come in legally.
My wife immigrated here from Japan and I helped her do it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2007, 08:46 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nativeDallasite View Post
Who says? I certainly haven't gotten that impression. I'm in favor of our current legal immigration system but I do not want the guest worker program expanded. (We already do have one.) How pompous.
+1 here.

I have no problem with legal immigration either

Old 12-27-2007, 10:02 AM

186 posts, read 299,179 times
Quote:
Most of the anti- illegal immigration crowd are also against all forms of legal immigration. They are against family reunification, H-1 b visas, guest worker programs, diversity lottery program and any thing that would allow people to come here LEGALLY. Yet they claim they want people to come in legally.
I've never claimed I support legal immigration.

Immigration should return to its pre-1965 levels.

I freely admit that I'm against immigration as I don't want to be a minority in my own nation.

Old 12-27-2007, 10:23 AM

13,048 posts, read 21,158,596 times
Quote:
Most? That would mean more than half - how did you draw this conclusion? Sounds like someone is just spouting off again.

Old 12-27-2007, 10:32 AM

8,973 posts, read 14,612,395 times
Quote:
I'm not sure I agree with you. I'm part of the "anti-shoplifting crowd", yet MOST of our "crowd" has no problem with people who legally purchase merchandise... just those pesky shoplifters. As a landlord, I know many in my position who are perfectly accepting of---(ENCOURAGING, in fact)--"renters"...but our "crowd" definitely takes a dim view of trespassers and "squatters". And I know many folks who use the highways freely, traveling in their vehicles for all sorts of reasons, yet their "crowd" frowns on drunk drivers.....

Your "crowd" doesn't give us "anti-illegals" much credit for common sense, I'm afraid....

Old 12-27-2007, 10:35 AM

25,107 posts, read 34,361,805 times
You know - those who have LEGALLY immigrated to the United States tend not to support ILLEGAL immigration. In Phoenix, one of the most vocal group of people who OPPOSE ILLEGAL immigration are those people from Mexico who came to the United States LEGALLY

I wonder why that is?

Old 12-27-2007, 10:48 AM

8,973 posts, read 14,612,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
You know - those who have LEGALLY immigrated to the United States tend not to support ILLEGAL immigration. In Phoenix, one of the most vocal group of people who OPPOSE ILLEGAL immigration are those people from Mexico who came to the United States LEGALLY

I wonder why that is?
Maybe they're racists?----just kidding. I have lots of Mexican-Americans in my extended family (including a few older folks who were actual immigrants, and even a few long-ago ILLEGALS).....and NONE of them are in favor of "open borders"---(except for maybe a few Jr. High-School age 'dreamers')....

Old 12-27-2007, 12:29 PM

1,266 posts, read 2,223,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggjacobsen View Post
If legal immigration is good, and illegal immigration is bad, why not just increase legal immigrations? Why not double it? Any takers?
Legal immigration is good in moderation. As it is now we are getting overpopulated and fast. It would not be good to increase yet alone double immigration.

Old 12-27-2007, 12:53 PM

4,828 posts, read 6,790,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nativeDallasite View Post
Who says? I certainly haven't gotten that impression. I'm in favor of our current legal immigration system but I do not want the guest worker program expanded. (We already do have one.) How pompous.
Simple just look at the agenda of all the main anti-immigration groups. Alipac, FAIR, CIS, NumbersUsa, etc. They all oppose the legal immigration systems i mentioned earlier before. You can't say i'm for legal immigration but i want it to be stopped or cut down dramatically for a couple of years. It is just like saying i'm all for border security but let us stop building the wall and let's stop guarding it for a couple of years. It doesn't make sense.

Old 12-27-2007, 01:05 PM

23,000 posts, read 31,949,672 times
Quote:
I'm not against legal immigration. BUT, there need to be limits. I'm okay with immigration provided that there are limits that are in line with economic, population, and job market conditions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or