U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-28-2007, 07:47 AM
 
Location: Las Vegas
185 posts, read 319,436 times
Reputation: 149

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-ile View Post
Yet several times that number can find work. Who's definition of "healthy" was that?
Immigration gumballs;

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...51411393887069
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-28-2007, 08:11 AM
 
17,279 posts, read 24,961,305 times
Reputation: 8519
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cribster View Post
That video should be made a "sticky" on this forum!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-28-2007, 12:15 PM
 
8,973 posts, read 14,612,395 times
Reputation: 2983
Quote:
Originally Posted by x-ile View Post
Of course all of the above would allow a civil claim against the perpetrators even if no criminal law of any kind existed.

What was the claim that someone went from point A to point B? What were your damages? Prove 'em.
I'm missing your point here, I guess. In the examples I gave, these crimes are "crimes" mostly because they violate laws, not because of any measurable cost in dollars and cents. I don't know how you'd call Rape, Drunk Driving, or Trespassing "property crimes", or how you'd present your damages in the form of a "dollar cost". Carjacking, of course, involves the loss of your car. Crimes have many effects upon society quite separate from "provable" financial damages.
But illegal immigration is more that just a person "going from point A to point B". It violates our borders, etc etc. And, as a matter of fact, it would be easy to also show a "dollar cost" to it, though it's true this would cause lots of argument.
As I've always said, though, if you INSIST that there is no financial "cost" attached to illegal immigration--that the illegals in fact, BENEFIT our society--then the obvious answer would be "Great!...You say they're paying more in taxes than they're costing us?---so let's just INCREASE illegal immigration by 200%, and we'll all be RICH!"....Obviously, this is nonsense. And so is the notion that there is no price to be paid for illegal imigration. It's costing us plenty, as a society, even as it enriches a few "crooked" employers and politicians. After all, drug-dealing is beneficial, too---and brings lots of financial rewards--IF you're a drug dealer. For the rest of us, though, drug-dealing is a "no-no"...and we don't say it "benefits" our society.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-02-2008, 04:26 PM
 
Location: Northern Virginia
87 posts, read 92,469 times
Reputation: 24
Default I guess you've said it all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
I, and a number of others, have written repeated and extensive posts on this. I suggest you look at some "former posts" on this forum. THey're all available if you're interested. This subject has been intensively covered, and you're just a little late. I have to warn you, though, that the term "anglo" will likely get you lots of criticism. (This was covered as recently as yesterday).
Perhaps others will "chime in", but I'm just about tapped out.
Take my word for it though---your post has been covered endlessly and repeatedly, and in minute detail.

Good luck!...
Oh good. You and your pals have talked this subject to death; therefore the rest of us should just dig out your old blog entries and read them, right? How silly of me to think that latecomers have views that count!

Last edited by ggjacobsen; 01-02-2008 at 04:27 PM.. Reason: spelling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-02-2008, 10:39 AM
 
Location: Glendale, Arizona
482 posts, read 401,839 times
Reputation: 403
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Most of the anti- illegal immigration crowd are also against all forms of legal immigration. They are against family reunification, H-1 b visas, guest worker programs, diversity lottery program and any thing that would allow people to come here LEGALLY. Yet they claim they want people to come in legally.
I for one don't want legal or illegal immigration, all they do is Breed like rats, 75 grand children 100 aunts and uncles and suck off the system for all free programs and what ever they can get, and guess who has to pay for all of this "WE DO" We can't afford this!!! it will callapse this country if this continues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-02-2008, 12:01 PM
 
1,818 posts, read 2,734,256 times
Reputation: 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggjacobsen View Post
Oh good. You and your pals have talked this subject to death; therefore the rest of us should just dig out your old blog entries and read them, right? How silly of me to think that latecomers have views that count!
Yes, and their opinion in their minds is the only ones that count. They don't like it but there are many others that are all for making the "illegals" legal.
Sassy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-02-2008, 01:14 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
Yes, and their opinion in their minds is the only ones that count. They don't like it but there are many others that are all for making the "illegals" legal.
Sassy
The U.S. government and their corporate 'masters' are not actually interested in granting ‘amnesty’ to illegals. Their agenda is to continue to have open borders and a steady flow of cheap/slave labor.

For them to be proponents of 'legalization' would be tantamount to the slave plantation owners supporting the abolition of slavery. Illegals are only profitable as long as they are in fact "illegal." If granted citizenship, they would no longer be exploitable. Sorry, but the strategy is to make illegals 'believe' they will receive amnesty. They have learned great lessons from past slavery. Remember, you get more bees with honey than with vinegar.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-02-2008, 03:26 PM
 
8,973 posts, read 14,612,395 times
Reputation: 2983
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
The U.S. government and their corporate 'masters' are not actually interested in granting ‘amnesty’ to illegals. Their agenda is to continue to have open borders and a steady flow of cheap/slave labor.

For them to be proponents of 'legalization' would be tantamount to the slave plantation owners supporting the abolition of slavery. Illegals are only profitable as long as they are in fact "illegal." If granted citizenship, they would no longer be exploitable. Sorry, but the strategy is to make illegals 'believe' they will receive amnesty. They have learned great lessons from past slavery. Remember, you get more bees with honey than with vinegar.
I've ALWAYS said this. Make all illegals suddenly LEGAL, and you've got just one more bunch of disgruntled workers who will be demanding (and receiving) all sorts of "rights", to which they will NOW be entitled. Very soon you'd be looking for ANOTHER group of frightened, compliant, docile illegals, ones who weren't "comfortable" enough to get "uppity", and whom you could "exploit at will"...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-02-2008, 03:47 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Reputation: 3785
As Benicar and macmeal stated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-05-2008, 12:26 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Reputation: 3028
Macmeal & ArizonaBear - I knew I couldn’t be alone. Thanks for the confirmation. Given the events of 9/11, only a country with a ‘hidden’ agenda would permit its borders to remain open. To ensure the flow of cheap labor, the greed of the ‘powers that be’ supersedes national security. It’s absolutely unconscionable.

Of course, the so-called pro-amnesty politicians will continue to feign their undying support for the ‘undocumented’ and pledge to eventually pass CIR. Failure to pass CIR will, and has been, attributed to the opposition from mean-spirited racists and xenophobes. No one will fault Durbin, Kennedy, McCain, et al. -- they will continue to receive accolades for their ‘efforts’ to give illegal aliens their proverbial “pathway to citizenship” -- and proponents of amnesty will continue to give them their votes. Incredible!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top