U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2007, 08:01 PM

902 posts, read 506,606 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatbasinguide View Post
You should also boycott all food products that may have been produced at least in part by illegal labor, but you won't. You will do what inconveniences you least.

This won't happen. Remember we are not talking about Joe Schmoo hiring a couple of illegals. Many major corporations and agencies of the US government hire illegals. The politicians are already bought and paid for.
You should stop loving illegal criminals too but I don't see that happening.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2007, 08:09 PM

1,900 posts, read 1,710,231 times
I challenge your statement; Find anything I said about "loving illegals" or approving of illegal immigration, I'd like to see it. I be thinking some folks jump to conclusions based on emotion, not data.

As I see it, some folk see the world in black and white, "if you ain't with us, you be agin us.

When in fact, to quote George Carlin, "I do not get emotionally involved in the American drama."

Old 12-27-2007, 08:10 PM

9,653 posts, read 9,485,076 times
Quote:
The average citizen thinks we should get out of Iraq, you can see how much the oligarchy cares what the average citizen thinks.

Ya'll are basically peeing off the bow of a fast moving boat. You may think you are getting something done, but,
I dont understand. Does that mean we should just stop fighting for what we believe?

Old 12-27-2007, 08:19 PM

You are not fighting, you are whining on a forum, if you want illegal immigration to end, get out and stop it, picket employers, boycott their products, get a movement going, right now it just looks like a tea party, and a poorly attended tea party.

If your feet and butt don't hurt, you ain't out there.

It is my contention that most folk won't go to any great length to stop illegal immigration. My proposal that all boycott any product that could have been produced by illegal labor is done tongue in cheek. Because, ya'll would have to give up meat, vegetables, fruits, wine, and ya ain't going to do it.

Americans are a pretty soft people with an inordinate fondness for luxurious living. Americans are no long willing to suffer for what is right.

Again, to bring in the war. We are at war, why aren't we at total war, with the entire country on a war footing? Because the oligarchs that run this country know that Americans would rebel at having their standard of living lessened in order to achieve victory.

Old 12-27-2007, 08:32 PM

9,653 posts, read 9,485,076 times
Quote:
You are not fighting, you are whining on a forum, .
All due respect, you have no idea what I do outside this forum.

Also, slowly things are changing. Politicians are finally starting to realize that they will get more votes by taking a tough stance on illegals than they will pandering to the hispanic population. I think we are going to be seeing some big changes very soon.

Old 12-27-2007, 09:02 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,640,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eskmd View Post
All due respect, you have no idea what I do outside this forum.

Also, slowly things are changing. Politicians are finally starting to realize that they will get more votes by taking a tough stance on illegals than they will pandering to the hispanic population. I think we are going to be seeing some big changes very soon.
Very much so.

Besides; many 'Hispanics' are true blue Americans who take grave offence to the illegals-------and, their enablers.

Old 12-27-2007, 09:12 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,017,419 times
Quote:
You are not fighting, you are whining on a forum, if you want illegal immigration to end, get out and stop it, picket employers, . My proposal that all boycott any product that could have been produced by illegal labor is done tongue in cheek. Because, ya'll would have to give up meat, vegetables, fruits, wine, and ya ain't going to do it.

Again, to bring in the war. We are at war, why aren't we at total war, with the entire country on a war footing? Because the oligarchs that run this country know that Americans would rebel at having their standard of living lessened in order to achieve victory.
Well, I have begin to put my money and my principles where my moth and not so fat butt is.
I did take notice of all the eating places that shut down on the day of the great Mexica protest. I have stopped frequenting them for good. And I tell others to boycott those locations (ya listening El Chico restaurant chain)

I have stopped buying produce for example from any other than locally grown small farmers. Not to difficult...Also, I get my wine right here in ole Oklahoma where I know the vineyard and that owner does NOT use undocumented or illegal workers.

Regarding the employers, I just rejected the services of a contractor to work on my house when I found his answer unsatisfactory regarding his work force.

Now on the war issue, I do have to agree with you as I also feel that as a country we should be totally involved all the way down the line and not this nambe pambe lite we have going right now. Of course I would also add I have been exactly where our troops are today....getting shot at while the American citizens blissfully goes shopping for trinkets made in china.

Old 12-27-2007, 09:36 PM

Convert, I see that you have made nearly the ultimate sacrifice, Oklahoma Wine!? Check it carefully though, grape growing is very labor intensive, if a winery expects to compete with the California wineries who employ the hated criminal vermin, they are going to have to reduce costs somewhere.

Old 12-27-2007, 10:41 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,017,419 times
Quote:
Convert, I see that you have made nearly the ultimate sacrifice, Oklahoma Wine!? Check it carefully though, grape growing is very labor intensive, if a winery expects to compete with the California wineries who employ the hated criminal vermin, they are going to have to reduce costs somewhere.
perhaps some day we could arrange a bottle your way.
This little winery isn't trying to compete with the big guys, just make a living here and it some pretty good stuff. At least to this ole okie.......

Old 12-27-2007, 10:53 PM

58 posts, read 91,451 times
The "right" of native-born "Americans" to victimise us is under threat. The "right" of native-born degenerates and economic losers is under threat.

OH NOES!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration