U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2007, 11:25 AM

27,994 posts, read 46,352,092 times

Advertisements

WASHINGTON | The number of illegal workers arrested by federal officers in the past year was four times higher than two years ago. But only 2 percent of those arrests involved criminal charges against those who hired the workers, according to a year-end tally prepared by the Department of Homeland Security.

Fewer than 100 owners, supervisors or hiring officials were arrested in fiscal 2007, compared with nearly 4,900 arrests that involved illegal workers, providers of fake documents and others, the figures show.

http://www.kansascity.com/news/politics/story/417648.html (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2007, 05:36 PM

1,459 posts, read 4,040,439 times
I'm hoping some big changes will come as more states pass laws against employers hiring illegals. I would rather see their business license suspended than being arrested, but if they are arrested along with a license suspension I have no problem with that.

Suspend their license and shut the company down for a few months and hit them in the bank account where it really hurts.

Old 12-27-2007, 06:01 PM

2,290 posts, read 4,946,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim280 View Post
I'm hoping some big changes will come as more states pass laws against employers hiring illegals. I would rather see their business license suspended than being arrested, but if they are arrested along with a license suspension I have no problem with that.

Suspend their license and shut the company down for a few months and hit them in the bank account where it really hurts.
Wishful thinking, but it's not going to happen.

Notice how there's only a couple of posts on this subject? People are more interested in going after the folks who accept the work, rather than those who offer the work.

Old 12-27-2007, 06:19 PM

902 posts, read 505,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by backfist View Post

Notice how there's only a couple of posts on this subject? People are more interested in going after the folks who accept the work, rather than those who offer the work.
Guess what? It is time that the illegals and those that love them take responsibility for their actions. Since they broke our laws by coming here illegally and basically spat on the citizens of this country they deserve all of the hate and dislike that Americans can muster toward them. Don't worry though because we also hate the employers who hire the vermin. We also don't think highly of the pro-illegals that post in this group or others.

Old 12-27-2007, 07:38 PM

1,459 posts, read 4,040,439 times
Quote:

The people I know are interested in going after both, the worker and employer.

Old 12-27-2007, 07:49 PM

3,712 posts, read 5,708,999 times
Quote:

People post on sites in addition to this one. City-data is a discussion forum, other sites have a more activist slant. You don't know what people do outside of this forum and to assume that no one is working on going after the employers is wrong.

Old 12-27-2007, 10:50 PM

8,240 posts, read 14,894,928 times
I repeat....if you know of a company or person hiring illegal workers of any kind, turn them in. It's amazing the number of people who look the other way. If enough people turn these traitors and law breakers in, the authorities WILL do something about it!

Old 12-28-2007, 04:56 AM

58 posts, read 91,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimimomx3 View Post
I repeat....if you know of a company or person hiring illegal workers of any kind, turn them in. It's amazing the number of people who look the other way. If enough people turn these traitors and law breakers in, the authorities WILL do something about it!
I hire without EVER looking at a Soc Sec card. I also prefer employers willing to do the same. Of course I grow a CA legal cannabis crop in the next room and share copyrighted movies on-line.

Turn me in. LOL. That's sure to stop me.

The U.S. President and Veep are widely considered to be engaged in multiple criminal conspiracies. The former police chief here has been indicted for invol. manslaughter. Criminality is the order of the day. Sorry folks in the flyovers think otherwise, but that's how we do it in, you know, the part of the country where people actually live.

Old 12-28-2007, 06:12 AM

2,290 posts, read 4,946,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimimomx3 View Post
I would have thought that the Minutemen and other such groups so obsessed with Mexican immigration would have been ratting out these business owners left and right.

Old 12-29-2007, 12:16 AM

2,432 posts, read 6,003,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
WASHINGTON | The number of illegal workers arrested by federal officers in the past year was four times higher than two years ago. But only 2 percent of those arrests involved criminal charges against those who hired the workers, according to a year-end tally prepared by the Department of Homeland Security.

Fewer than 100 owners, supervisors or hiring officials were arrested in fiscal 2007, compared with nearly 4,900 arrests that involved illegal workers, providers of fake documents and others, the figures show.

http://www.kansascity.com/news/politics/story/417648.html (broken link)

This big federal crackdown on employers who hire illegal aliens is a huge farce. For years we have had five to ten thousand illegal aliens sneaking over the border almost every single day. Now the feds bust three or four hundred illegal at a meat plant every month or two, then release half for humanitarian reasons due to the anchor babies, rarely ever arrest the employers, and everyone thinks ICE is cracking down.

What a joke. The illegal aliens and their employers probably have a better change of dying in some freak accident then they do of actually getting arrested.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration