U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2007, 02:33 PM

9,598 posts, read 9,464,946 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by backfist View Post
I continue to vote for the pro-business politicians, who are in the pockets of the industry lobbyists, which industries profit on the cheap labor of undocumented workers.

It's a good thing I'm not the problem.
It's not like there is a choice. Is there any other kind of politician to vote for?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2007, 02:40 PM

2,584 posts, read 9,359,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimimomx3 View Post
ditto

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
ditto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
ditto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
ditto

Nothing to add that wouldn't be redundant. You all did a great job giving some real areas that affect everyone everyday. Great job.

Last edited by Dave1215; 12-27-2007 at 03:04 PM..

Old 12-27-2007, 02:47 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,611,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeache View Post
I still do not understand why so much outrage against illegals. It appears to me that the majority of people that are strongly against illegals are your typical ignorant, uneducated rednecks. Anyways, I live in Minnesota and although the illegal immigrant population is small here, I still do not understand how illegal immigration has affected my personal life negatively.

-Never had an illegal neighbor, and do not see many here anyways, they seem to be concentrated mostly in the poorer, most urban areas of Minneapolis, places I would not live in anyways

- Illegals sending their kids to our schools?! Not a chance! First, very few could afford to live in this suburb and if they choose to send their kids to our schools, as long as the kids want to get ahead and be productive members of society, who the hell cares?!

-Hospitals!? I have never seen any illegals in any of our hospitals, even if I see a family that might look illegal, who cares? What should we do? Kick them out and have them die?! That would be very ignorant!

My point is: The people that seem to complain the most about illegals are the ones that are at the bottom of society. I am not for people living here illegally and comitting crimes but so far, the negative impact illegals have had on my life is 0. So, what the hell is the big deal?!
Moderator cut: personal attack

Part of the problem with elitists of your ilk is there are simply too many of them; since us 'Blue Collar' types have curtailed our birthrate, there are fewer and fewer American available to underpin your lifestyle.

Bottom line: as the flow of illegals here is staunched and reversed; many 'upper class' people may need to get their hands dirty.

Accept it.

Old 12-27-2007, 02:49 PM

1,735 posts, read 4,136,734 times
Even the illegals are smart enough to not settle in Minnesota.

Minnesota is 99.9% pasty white. I would be surprised if the illegals have any impact at all up there.

Do you also have a hard time understanding how anyone can be impacted by a hurricane since you never had one in Minnesota?

Old 12-27-2007, 02:49 PM

3,589 posts, read 2,971,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeache View Post
I still do not understand why so much outrage against illegals. It appears to me that the majority of people that are strongly against illegals are your typical ignorant, uneducated rednecks. Anyways, I live in Minnesota and although the illegal immigrant population is small here, I still do not understand how illegal immigration has affected my personal life negatively.

-Never had an illegal neighbor, and do not see many here anyways, they seem to be concentrated mostly in the poorer, most urban areas of Minneapolis, places I would not live in anyways

- Illegals sending their kids to our schools?! Not a chance! First, very few could afford to live in this suburb and if they choose to send their kids to our schools, as long as the kids want to get ahead and be productive members of society, who the hell cares?!

-Hospitals!? I have never seen any illegals in any of our hospitals, even if I see a family that might look illegal, who cares? What should we do? Kick them out and have them die?! That would be very ignorant!

My point is: The people that seem to complain the most about illegals are the ones that are at the bottom of society. I am not for people living here illegally and comitting crimes but so far, the negative impact illegals have had on my life is 0. So, what the hell is the big deal?!
Let them eat cake, eh lukeache?

Old 12-27-2007, 02:55 PM

9,598 posts, read 9,464,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post

Bottom line: as the flow of illegals here is staunched and reversed; many 'upper class' people may need to get their hands dirty.

Accept it.
No. Most upper class people would gladly pay a little more to have their lawns mowed by people in this country legally. Don't let the above poster turn this into a class thing. As I said before, illegals hurt ALL Americans.

Old 12-27-2007, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eskmd View Post
No. Most upper class people would gladly pay a little more to have their lawns mowed by people in this country legally. Don't let the above poster turn this into a class thing. As I said before, illegals hurt ALL Americans.
Point taken and I do agree.

Old 12-27-2007, 03:03 PM

206 posts, read 365,709 times
Exactly, eskmd. This poster wants to live in the fantasy that those who are pro-enforcement are members of some marginalized group. The reality is that a lot of the anti-enforcement crowd on this board are people who secretly identify with the illegal alien crowd. I wouldn't be surprised if some of them are anchor-babies trying to grow up...Minnesota has seen a large influx of immigrants over the past decade...

Old 12-27-2007, 03:04 PM

3,589 posts, read 2,971,445 times
I just find it amusing that lukeache is being so lofty and arrogant in his assumption that everyone who is anti-illegal is a blue-collar redneck.

I have a BA, I speak four languages, I have lived abroad, and I grew up in one of Dallas's wealthiest areas. My parents are millionaires and once my BF and I kick off our business, hopefully we'll be well on our way to making our first million too.

And I'm anti-illegal. Why, you might ask? Well...because I GIVE A DAMN what happens to my fellow countrymen. Just because I haven't lost a job (yet) to an illegal, that does not mean that it's OK for other people to lose theirs. The effects of illegal immigration in this state are unbearable and many of the people bearing the brunt of the illegal invasion are ones who are least able to fend it off. It's unacceptable.

What a horrifically pompous and arrogant post the first post in this thread was. I am utterly disgusted by lukeache's attitude.

Old 12-27-2007, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue pekoe View Post
Exactly, eskmd. This poster wants to live in the fantasy that those who are pro-enforcement are members of some marginalized group. The reality is that a lot of the anti-enforcement crowd on this board are people who secretly identify with the illegal alien crowd. I wouldn't be surprised if some of them are anchor-babies trying to grow up...Minnesota has seen a large influx of immigrants over the past decade...
Wilmer, Mn comes to mind
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or