Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2007, 11:13 PM

111 posts, read 447,552 times

Advertisements

Hi Guys,

How is it going?

My Question:
Will San Diego overun in the future like L.a. with illegal people?
What do you think...Is it worth to movie to san diego?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2007, 01:02 AM

102 posts, read 325,743 times
quite possible, espicially if new bill is passed

Old 05-19-2007, 01:14 AM

Why should they do it?

Old 05-19-2007, 01:23 AM

642 posts, read 3,072,940 times
When I lived down there it seemed like it already was getting overrun (I presently live in LA).

Unfortunately with the exception of the O.C. (just because I haven't spent much time there) and little wealthy white enclaves in other cities or towns the whole of southern and central California is being overrun. San Diego can't help it they are the first exposure/city acrosss the finish line. We are in deep doo doo here in Southern and Central California unless something vitally changes and reverses.

There is an illegal forum, so one can not go into this too much, but to know that yes, in my opinion it is. Buyer beware and forewarned.

Only a new law that reverses this damage and stops the creation of more can make this less so. Everything else leads to one sentence. If you are going to move here, LEARN SPANISH. The next decade will transform California as you know it and it already has been transformed.

I am unsure if like LA it is a sanctuary city though (I am pretty sure LA is, anyway). That has an impact. But if one is illegal unfortunately I can only recommend they move to anywhere in S. California or Central California that they can afford, they won't be bothered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jones/S View Post
Hi Guys,

How is it going?

My Question:
Will San Diego overun in the future like L.a. with illegal people?
What do you think...Is it worth to movie to san diego?

Last edited by fairweathergolfer; 05-19-2007 at 01:42 AM.. Reason: word change for clarity

Old 05-19-2007, 01:26 AM

73 posts, read 449,018 times
Yes, San Diego will be overrun. The funny thing is that as a native English speaker, I feel that somehow I am illiterate living in Southern CA because I don't speak Spanish. Seriously, that's how bad it has become. If I knew Spanish I could communicate with a lot more folks around here.

Old 05-19-2007, 05:28 AM

Right now i am living in o.c. anaheim and i am tired off all these mexican. Nowhere good neighborhoods. If there is a good i need to pay lot money.
How long will it take that s.d. will be overrun?
Is it worth to move to s.d.???? I thought s.d has other and better laws and los angeles. is it true that s.d. is destroying the illegal hood because they're tired of them all?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpbear View Post
Yes, San Diego will be overrun. The funny thing is that as a native English speaker, I feel that somehow I am illiterate living in Southern CA because I don't speak Spanish. Seriously, that's how bad it has become. If I knew Spanish I could communicate with a lot more folks around here.
Its bad usually they have to learn english and you not spanish. USa is crazy....why usa let it happen? F*** BUSH

Last edited by Jones/S; 05-19-2007 at 05:39 AM..

Old 05-19-2007, 08:57 AM

840 posts, read 6,515,801 times
It's getting there.

Old 05-19-2007, 10:21 AM

4,803 posts, read 8,749,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jones/S View Post
Right now i am living in o.c. anaheim and i am tired off all these mexican. Nowhere good neighborhoods. If there is a good i need to pay lot money.
How long will it take that s.d. will be overrun?
Is it worth to move to s.d.???? I thought s.d has other and better laws and los angeles. is it true that s.d. is destroying the illegal hood because they're tired of them all?

Its bad usually they have to learn english and you not spanish. USa is crazy....why usa let it happen? F*** BUSH
I'm leaving this god-forsaken state, period. It breaks my heart because I was born here and although I spent a good part of my adult life in Texas before moving back, I have fond memories of California pre-1986. (the Reagan Amnesty)

In the last four years, I have been completely amazed at how quickly the state I love has gone downhill in a matter of 20 years. Formerly middle class neighborhoods have been transformed into barrios, with barred windows and grafitti galore. The downtown Los Angeles of my youth, where my father used to take me to eat at Clifton's Cafeteria, is no longer a business hub, teaming with office workers. I used to think when I was younger that I would love to work in downtown L.A. with its amazing architecture and the pulse of Southern California running through it.

Now it's become some sort of third world mercado where no one speaks English and many of the formerly splendid buildings have had their bottom floors turned into foreign marketplaces where all the signs are in Spanish or, as in the case of the jewelry center, Asian.

Anyone who thinks that illegal immigration is good for this country needs to spend sometime in L.A. Do a little research and find out how glorious this city used to be as little as twenty years ago. Go see it now. The transformation of Los Angeles is a glimpse into the future of America if illegal immigration is not stopped and if the current Senate 3.2 Trillion Dollar amnesty bill is allowed to be passed.

Is San Diego as bad as L.A.? Not yet. But then again, it hasn't been declared a sanctuary city by a traitorous La Raza mayor with grand plans of reconquista. But it will get there soon enough.

Old 05-19-2007, 11:25 AM

126 posts, read 549,410 times
Well, I'll give you the answer you're looking for! I've been here, in San Diego for almost 3yrs now. Your question: "Will SD become over-run w/Mexicans/illegals"....uh, hello, it already is! Are you kidding, this is the gateway into the United States of Mexico! We have 3 border crossings which are very, very active 24/7.
I come from NEW Mexico and thought it was bad there, moved to AZ, thought it was bad there, now I'm living in SD and OMG! I can not wait to get out of here. For family reasons, I will probably be here at least 2 more years, but I am counting the days. NOWHERE you go, do people, the general public speak English, at my work, I deal with...you guessed it: more Mexican illegals....I am part of a profession that doles out goods and services to these people and it makes me sick to my stomach....especially when we are sufferring the high cost of living here!
My husband and I laugh when people repeatedly ask us "when are you going to buy a house here....?"....why would we spend at least 1/2 million dollars to live in the gutter this area is becoming? These people out here are crazy....no offense to other Cali folks... We actually live in a nice area, close to some of the nicest beaches in San Diego, right up against a canyon. We loved it when we first moved here, beautiful , quiet, peaceful, private, gorgeous views of the ocean.....sigh. Well, no more. The latest in our "saga"....our beautiful peaceful canyon has now been over-run w/mexicans...living illegally in the brush down at the bottom of the canyon! Every day or every other day/night we are subject to police helicopters whirling around on top of us, blaring from a bullhorn for them to come out of hiding,this is the SD PD, blah, blah, blah.... This goes on for at least an hour or two.
And I would pay $700,000 for this house I'm living in w/mexican 'squatters' trashing up my backyard?!
I don't think so!
Take my advice: get out of Cali, period, this state is Mexifornia, cities Chula-juana, Calexico, etc.
And, please, you bleeding heart liberals: spare me all the "oh, boo hoo, those poor people living out in the open are just trying for a better life, they're not hurting anyone, blah blah blah...." That's garbage,,,,they are criminals breaking the law, and I, for one, am sick of it being rammed down my throat everday!

Old 05-19-2007, 11:45 AM

1,398 posts, read 6,606,623 times
I would like to affirm Kele's prior post bigtime. As I stated in the very first post of the Los Angeles forum when City-data's forum was spankin' new, our city is unliveable unless you're rich, violent or illegal.

It's not a question of "good ol' days"-ism, as the changes my city has gone through, divorced of the illegals overpowering the city, are similar to those of other mega-large urban centers, what with traffic, ups and downs of employment, no infill due to prior dense development, etc. Just the mood swings of so-called progress, and what one expects of same.

BUT. In the last twenty years, the inflow of illegals (300 a day) due to the "sanctuary" status of L.A. (which translates to robbing Peter to pay Paul i.e., overtaxing low to moderate income citizens to pay for services for illegals, services that we will never receive) and its militant apologists have transformed L.A. into a total dystopia. It is unbearable to be an American citizen in an American city and be literally spat at by mean-spirited, glowering foreign nationals cursing at me in a foreign language, just for passing by as a pedestrian.

This means that I, a five decade resident of L.A. have watched my home turn into a city of Balkanized, partisan xenophobes, with the La Raza advocates at the forefront. As an American, I fervantly believe in my country's motto, "E Pluribus Unum," out of many, one. America is for all its citizens, naturalized and born, no matter what origin. La Raza advocates and illegals' apologists insist on the adverse of "E Pluribus Unum," and have no sympathy for anyone not from their foreign country.

Kele's observations are totally correct about Los Angeles. Anyone not living in the richer enclaves who speaks the lingua franca of the U.S., English, will be badly treated by resentful foreign nationals. My city rewards law-breakers. This and the fact that the state of California is about to outlaw purebred showdogs with AB 1634,(pm me privately about this one if you like) are the main reasons why staying put any longer than it takes for my husband to accrue a pension is impossible. The nanosecond he does, we are fleeing. We want to move back to America.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration