U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 12-27-2007, 06:12 PM
 
3,936 posts, read 5,452,783 times
Reputation: 4156

Advertisements

Last year my daughter worked with some Hispanic women and they came up to her and asked if she wanted to buy their kids social security numbers and names. She said "What did you say?" They went on to explain that they have so many kids that they "sell" their names and ss#s because they can't use them all.(Gee, I wonder why? ) They explain that if you use that info, you'll get thousands of dollars back, and you have to give them half of whatever you get back on your return! Quite a little scam they've got going. Some people actually did it, and they later found out that some of the Hispanics had sold their kids info to more than one person!! Some people amaze me with their stupidity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-27-2007, 08:37 PM
 
Location: Southern Arizona
9,310 posts, read 25,696,802 times
Reputation: 10569
GOOD GRIEF, Jess . . . what's next? Selling one of the kids?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-27-2007, 08:42 PM
 
Location: Tennessee
1,459 posts, read 4,044,298 times
Reputation: 876
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess5 View Post
Last year my daughter worked with some Hispanic women and they came up to her and asked if she wanted to buy their kids social security numbers and names. She said "What did you say?" They went on to explain that they have so many kids that they "sell" their names and ss#s because they can't use them all.(Gee, I wonder why? ) They explain that if you use that info, you'll get thousands of dollars back, and you have to give them half of whatever you get back on your return! Quite a little scam they've got going. Some people actually did it, and they later found out that some of the Hispanics had sold their kids info to more than one person!! Some people amaze me with their stupidity.
I've never heard of this, but anything these people do doesn't surprise me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-27-2007, 08:44 PM
 
Location: CA Coast
1,900 posts, read 1,711,995 times
Reputation: 350
That sounds like yet another urban myth. Run it by snopes.com


And
Quote:
I've never heard of this, but anything these people do doesn't surprise me.
Since the poster did not indicate that these people were illegal, but simply hispanic the above statement has a strong smell of racism about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-27-2007, 08:47 PM
 
902 posts, read 507,036 times
Reputation: 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
GOOD GRIEF, Jess . . . what's next? Selling one of the kids?
They already do that, as do many American citizens. It is disgusting. But the ones who don't sell their kids just rely on their wonderful "family values" and heap sexual abuse and physical abuse on them. Of course not all do this but enough that it proves that they have no better values than anyone else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-27-2007, 08:58 PM
 
Location: Tennessee
1,459 posts, read 4,044,298 times
Reputation: 876
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatbasinguide View Post
That sounds like yet another urban myth. Run it by snopes.com


And Since the poster did not indicate that these people were illegal, but simply hispanic the above statement has a strong smell of racism about it.

You can play the race card all you want, nobody cares anymore. It doesn't matter if the people are illegal or not, if they are in fact running this scam... that is illegal and that's enough for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-27-2007, 08:59 PM
 
902 posts, read 507,036 times
Reputation: 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim280 View Post
You can play the race card all you want, nobody cares anymore. It doesn't matter if the people are illegal or not, if they are in fact running this scam... that is illegal and that's enough for me.
That is all they know how and what to do since they are going against their own country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-27-2007, 09:05 PM
 
Location: CA Coast
1,900 posts, read 1,711,995 times
Reputation: 350
Quote:
You can play the race card all you want, nobody cares anymore. It doesn't matter if the people are illegal or not, if they are in fact running this scam... that is illegal and that's enough for me.
Yes it does matter, this is a forum on illegal immigration, to state that hispanics who may very well be legal are doing something dreadful and then to say
Quote:
but anything these people do doesn't surprise me.
is a stereotypically prejudice statement.

If you said Black people are running a social security scam and I said. " I've never heard of this, but anything these people do doesn't surprise me." You might get a call from Al Sharpton.

If you said Jews are running a social security scam and I said, " I've never heard of this, but anything these people do doesn't surprise me."


Get the picture?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-27-2007, 09:08 PM
 
3,936 posts, read 5,452,783 times
Reputation: 4156
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatbasinguide View Post
That sounds like yet another urban myth. Run it by snopes.com


And Since the poster did not indicate that these people were illegal, but simply hispanic the above statement has a strong smell of racism about it.
Yes, by all means, please run it by snopes. I didn't say they were illegal, because I DON'T KNOW IF THEY ARE OR NOT, and didn't want to accuse someone of something, if they aren't. Furthermore, I would never lie and involve someone else, especially my children. I could tell tons of stories involving Hispanics, good ones about my friends, and bad ones because I volunteered for a long time in community centers, food banks, and trying to teach them to learn English. I finally quit ( I stuck it out longer than most) because I got sick of them getting hand outs and constantly asking for more, more, more. I've driven through neighborhoods they've completely trashed! Go ahead and pull the racist card. Thats nothing new here!
Oh, and when we would give them money to pay a bill, they would say "Well, who's going to pay my electric bill?" Believe me, it gets old real fast!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-27-2007, 09:09 PM
 
4,828 posts, read 6,795,842 times
Reputation: 620
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim280 View Post
I've never heard of this, but anything these people do doesn't surprise me.
Yea, what exactly do you mean by anything THESE people do doesn't surprise you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top