Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2014, 10:51 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Military recruitment quotas are being satisfied and easily. Please show that we need to recruit from illegals to maintain readiness levels. Why are we offering early outs and early retirements? We have no need to invite illegals to serve other than for Obama and company to appease the illegal supporters and one very specific voting group.
Did u say recruiting was a snap why all those suicide recruiting officers?
Your perception of the long line of qualified applicants for military service is not accurate
People are doing 6 and 7 tours of duty lots of suicide
we are stretched thin and that is why they recruit on the border
Please join me in 2014 reality
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2014, 12:42 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,217,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
Your perception of the long line of qualified applicants for military service is not accurate
Scare tactics at best. Quota's have been consistently achieved. People are doing 6 and 7 tours because the civilian job market is so poor not because they are forced to stay in. No one is forced to re-enlist.
Stretched Thin? How many Troops in Germany? Korea? Japan? Stateside? 11 Carrier Battle groups!!! What stretches our military thin is our civilian leadership using our troops for every little brush fire that pops up. That said the Military is offering early outs and early retirement. This is a tactic used when the Military is ordered to downsize.
Said it before and I'll say it again. We should not rely upon mercenaries for our national security. There is a reason why no combat Vet trusts a Mercenary and that includes other mercenaries.

Old 09-30-2014, 02:28 PM

62,930 posts, read 29,119,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marigolds6 View Post
Think of this a different way though. Most illegals from Mexico cannot legally immigrate to the United States. If you do not have a close relative who is a citizen, you are never going to be able to legally immigrate under current rules. This would provide a path to immigration for Mexican nationals who want to become US citizens, and it would be a path that requires them to learn English, assimilate, and immediately contribute to our country. That is far better than the only other path to citizenship right now, which is to reside illegally in the United States and hope for another amnesty.
Yet Mexicans and other Latinos enjoy the highest quotas for legal immigration into our country and are among the high percentages of those who come here for family reunification purposes. However, we cannot import all of their poor who want to come here and coming here illegally is not acceptable either.

The ones here already for the most part aren't assimilating and many don't know English. Any kind of requirements to allow them to stay here or come here will not be enforced anyway. They aren't contributing to our country they are here for their own selfish gain. They have taken jobs from Americans. Americans in turn would be contributing to our economy/country if they got their jobs back and illegals were deported as our laws state. Or better yet make it nearly impossible for them to survive here by removing the jobs and benefits magnets. Amnesty is not the solution for Americans.

Old 09-30-2014, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Better yet why don't you prove your assertions that we have a shortage of military recruits or that illegals are being recruited during peace time? It's against the law.

Old 09-30-2014, 04:38 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,899,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marigolds6 View Post
Think of this a different way though. Most illegals from Mexico cannot legally immigrate to the United States. If you do not have a close relative who is a citizen, you are never going to be able to legally immigrate under current rules. This would provide a path to immigration for Mexican nationals who want to become US citizens, and it would be a path that requires them to learn English, assimilate, and immediately contribute to our country. That is far better than the only other path to citizenship right now, which is to reside illegally in the United States and hope for another amnesty.
Uh; ALL countries have the RIGHT who they let in or NOT let in. Even Mexico.

Old 09-30-2014, 06:19 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Better yet why don't you prove your assertions that we have a shortage of military recruits or that illegals are being recruited during peace time? It's against the law.
Repeated deployments weigh heavily on U.S. troops - USATODAY.com

Cornyn seeking probe into Army recruiter suicides - Houston Chronicle

http://www.uscis.gov/green-card/gree...-us-government

there you go. btw everything that you have posted is untrue.
please review before you post. 100% opinion unsupported.
your turn to give links to your "facts".

Old 09-30-2014, 07:12 PM

3,091 posts, read 3,966,530 times
I'm curious about why illegals are being recruited when so many military personnel are facing layoffs.

Old 09-30-2014, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Repeated deployments weigh heavily on U.S. troops - USATODAY.com

Cornyn seeking probe into Army recruiter suicides - Houston Chronicle

http://www.uscis.gov/green-card/gree...-us-government

there you go. btw everything that you have posted is untrue.
please review before you post. 100% opinion unsupported.
your turn to give links to your "facts".
Try again. The first two articles (and I read them in their entirety) says nothing about having a shortage of potential "enlistees".

The last article was about an Iraqi that had never been in our country illegally.

As for you claiming that I have posted untruths:

Budget cuts to slash U.S. Army to smallest since before World War Two | Reuters

Old 09-30-2014, 08:49 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,727,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
I do not think that that the Military is cutting back on enlistees. No numbers, but judging on the amount they are advertising, they are looking hard for enlistees.
Our history shows that people are willing to fight and protect this nation even though they are illegals. You see this is a great country to live and raise a family in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Good article, it seems that large numbers of people showing up are not qualified or obese. So I can see the need to look at illegals as an option, when the best and brightest are looking elsewhere.
Until very recently, I administered the ASVAB testing to potential youths who wanted to sign up. I know, for a fact, that the military IS cutting back, drastically. No longer can you just decide, "I want to join", you may not get that chance. Not a single person that I have ever tested, anywhere, has been "obese", and while some of them, (very, very, very small percentage), did not pass the ASVAB, most of them did, and some did with remarkably good scores. But the amount of those who are even OFFERED to come in anymore to take the ASVAB has been dwindling since I started that job right after I moved up to this state. I used to get full rooms, by the time I ended that job, I was lucky to get 3 or 4 a week on average. Sometimes, we would be scheduled to work and it would be canceled, NOT due to lack of interest, but due to the cut backs.

Old 09-30-2014, 10:28 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,899,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Until very recently, I administered the ASVAB testing to potential youths who wanted to sign up. I know, for a fact, that the military IS cutting back, drastically. No longer can you just decide, "I want to join", you may not get that chance. Not a single person that I have ever tested, anywhere, has been "obese", and while some of them, (very, very, very small percentage), did not pass the ASVAB, most of them did, and some did with remarkably good scores. But the amount of those who are even OFFERED to come in anymore to take the ASVAB has been dwindling since I started that job right after I moved up to this state. I used to get full rooms, by the time I ended that job, I was lucky to get 3 or 4 a week on average. Sometimes, we would be scheduled to work and it would be canceled, NOT due to lack of interest, but due to the cut backs.
Thanks. Def NO need for any kind of ILLEGAL alien to even TRY to join our Armed Forces.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration