U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-26-2014, 04:54 PM
 
Location: West Los Angeles
8,834 posts, read 8,966,941 times
Reputation: 9081

Advertisements

Quote:
7-Eleven stores in New York and Virginia were busted for hiring and harboring illegal immigrants. U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) announced that 14 stores have pleaded guilty to the charges. According to court documents, the 7-Eleven stores had hired and were concealing “dozens” of illegal immigrants at five separate franchise operations.
Illegal Immigrants: 7-Eleven Chain Busted For Hiring Illegal Workers And Stealing Identities Of Americans
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-26-2014, 05:13 PM
 
Location: Where I live.
9,191 posts, read 18,522,437 times
Reputation: 4766
Whether or not the illegal immigrants will be deported is unknown. The franchise owners charged have been identified as: Farrukh Baig, Malik Yousaf, Bushra Baig, Shahnawaz Baig, and Zahid Baig.

Why is there even a question as to whether or not the illegals will be deported?

Look at the names of those who helped the illegals. No surprise there.

Amazing what we put up with in this country. Illegals, those who hire and help them--and scumbag mayors who do the same.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-26-2014, 05:14 PM
 
31,495 posts, read 14,573,470 times
Reputation: 8356
This is good and I hope they throw the book at these 7-Elevens. However, their illegal workers will get a pass unless they have a criminal record and will be allowed to remain here under Obama's immigration policies. Why shouldn't both be punished?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-26-2014, 05:15 PM
 
11,488 posts, read 5,511,317 times
Reputation: 9866
I wonder---will the illegals get deported or will the bleeding hearts demand that they get amnesty?

Of course cases like this are only the tip of the iceberg. Right now, there are 8 million no-match SSNs in the work force and politicians on both sides of the aisle (with the dems being the worst when it comes to this issue) refuse to weed them out of the work force. Both sides also refuse to close that loop hole that says it's okay if someone uses your SSN as long as they don't use your name with it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-30-2014, 02:16 AM
 
1,701 posts, read 883,469 times
Reputation: 710
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
Whether or not the illegal immigrants will be deported is unknown. The franchise owners charged have been identified as: Farrukh Baig, Malik Yousaf, Bushra Baig, Shahnawaz Baig, and Zahid Baig.

Why is there even a question as to whether or not the illegals will be deported?

Look at the names of those who helped the illegals. No surprise there.

Amazing what we put up with in this country. Illegals, those who hire and help them--Thiscumbag mayors who do the same.
More than likely the employers are legally here and are from Pakistan or Yemen. They will get a fine. If those they hired are Hispanic they will be released, if not, deported because they don't qualify under Obama's illegal protected group status.

Here's an article from 2012 on ICE doing audits:

Quote:
But ICE auditors hit ethnic stores, restaurants, bakeries, manufacturing companies, construction, food packaging, janitorial services, catering, dairies and farms. The aviation branch of corporate giant GE, franchises of sandwich shop Subway and a subsidiary of food product company Heinz were among some of the companies with national name recognition. GE was fined $2,000.
Audits of companies for illegal immigrants rise

The fines are a joke. The targets are a joke. Since DACA, at the behest of Obama, fewer audits are being conducted to enable employers to hire illegal Hispanics that qualify under DACA. Obama went from sounding "strong" on ICE audits to being "soft" for the sake of Hispanic illegals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-30-2014, 02:18 AM
 
1 posts, read 1,317 times
Reputation: 10
nice job
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-30-2014, 06:54 AM
 
Location: Great State of Texas
86,093 posts, read 69,893,919 times
Reputation: 27519
Caught by the FedGov. Now they just pay their kickback money ....(fine) and they are back in business.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-30-2014, 12:57 PM
 
Location: Where I live.
9,191 posts, read 18,522,437 times
Reputation: 4766
Quote:
Originally Posted by triple8s View Post
More than likely the employers are legally here and are from Pakistan or Yemen. They will get a fine. If those they hired are Hispanic they will be released, if not, deported because they don't qualify under Obama's illegal protected group status.

Here's an article from 2012 on ICE doing audits:



Audits of companies for illegal immigrants rise

The fines are a joke. The targets are a joke. Since DACA, at the behest of Obama, fewer audits are being conducted to enable employers to hire illegal Hispanics that qualify under DACA. Obama went from sounding "strong" on ICE audits to being "soft" for the sake of Hispanic illegals.
Yes. The franchise owners are most likely legal immigrants. My point was that they are more likely to hire and help illegals because of the cheap labor--and sympathy for another immigrant, whether legal or illegal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-30-2014, 01:14 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,884,971 times
Reputation: 6517
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
Yes. The franchise owners are most likely legal immigrants. My point was that they are more likely to hire and help illegals because of the cheap labor--and sympathy for another immigrant, whether legal or illegal.
Fortunately there is a list of things that can and will get an immigrant deported. Human trafficking is one of them. Forced servitude is another if I am not mistaken. LOL That said Obama's aunt violated half a dozen laws that normally result in a deportation. His uncle too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-01-2014, 01:51 PM
 
Location: Where I live.
9,191 posts, read 18,522,437 times
Reputation: 4766
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Fortunately there is a list of things that can and will get an immigrant deported. Human trafficking is one of them. Forced servitude is another if I am not mistaken. LOL That said Obama's aunt violated half a dozen laws that normally result in a deportation. His uncle too.
And of course we know exactly why that was......his aunt lived off of the t*t of the US government, too, in subsidized housing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top