U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 03:28 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times

Advertisements

Itís the same in MD. An illegal caused an accident involving my car, and although he had no license or registration, the cop refused to even give him a ticket. Under the same circumstances, I have no doubt I would have received a ticket for reckless driving, as well as for failing to have a valid license, registration, or insurance. In addition, I would have received points on my driving record, and my insurance premiums would have increased.

Old 03-30-2009, 05:45 PM

2,403 posts, read 5,619,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Itís the same in MD. An illegal caused an accident involving my car, and although he had no license or registration, the cop refused to even give him a ticket. Under the same circumstances, I have no doubt I would have received a ticket for reckless driving, as well as for failing to have a valid license, registration, or insurance. In addition, I would have received points on my driving record, and my insurance premiums would have increased.
Sorry to say here in california , On the notice to appear that the cop gives you it has the following No. c.p.c.853.9 that say's that you can at your arraignment ask for a Verified complaint and one will be given . Now the funny part of that is that the "Cop" , nor the court can give you one so they dismiss your case . legal driver or in many cases illegal driver . Why would they ( the cop or the court ) do that ?. Simple !!! every American has an un alienable right to travel un restricted ( meaning without license or registration) . But most people don't know this ,so the money train for the cop just keeps going. Check it out ! Just visit "Right to drive , Justice Tolman state of Washington". Been there for years.

Old 03-31-2009, 03:40 AM

7,020 posts, read 9,895,366 times
Quote:
OT pulled over today..im i at risk?
Quote:
As I was driving to school today, I was pulled over for having a rosary on my mirror. then the cop proceeded to ask for my licence. I told him I did not have one so he told me to step out of the car. I was scared the hell outa my mind. then checked the car for drugs and of course did not find anything. he then asked for ID and all I had was my school ID so he took it from me and checked my record on the comp. at that time i thought that was it for me in this country but turns out the cop was in a good mood and decided to let me go, however, he told me if ever saw me driving again he'd deport me back.

Funny how the law only matters if THEY think the law is on their side.
A few criminal suggestions from the criminal minds of illegal alien DREAMIES:

Quote:
day dreamin' - how he knew that you are undocumented? did you tell him? maybe it means that it's time to go to a different state and get a license. dont worry the same thing happened to me, just drive differen route for a while then go back to the same. that is if you live in the city, if you live in a small town it might be different.
Quote:
btw. I got no ticket or anything. Are you just assuming you got pulled over because of the rosary or was that the actual reason the cop stated when he pulled you over? That would be racial profiling and that's illegal. Relax dude, he let you go so just be more cautious if you are planning on driving again. __________________
Quote:
Long story short. I crashed at school, I hit a guy that was in one of my classes. We went and talked to the school police, the cop was hispanic :/ (but the kinda hispanic who doesnt speak English.) He asked for my license and I gave him one I have from my home country, he told me I wasn't allowed to drive with that, etc...etc. The point is, right before I left he asked me if I was legal, I was like "Yeah..." and he said: "well, when you go to court, make sure you take all your papers or they'll deport you." (which isn't true)I was in bed depressed for a week. And I paid a lawyer because I was too scared.
GOT pulled over today..im i at risk? - DREAM Act Portal - Forums

Old 03-31-2009, 05:08 PM

6,906 posts, read 11,692,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Their car is impounded. They are arrested. Detained. Turned over to ICE
This is incorrect. Unless they are being charged with a felony ICE will not take them. Their car is usually impounded. But in the vast majority of cases they or someone else will come and post their bail. They are then released.

Old 03-31-2009, 05:24 PM

5,409 posts, read 11,068,069 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess5 View Post
LMAO!!!! Well, from what I've heard, the illegals pull over and take off running in all different directions. Then the police say, "Theres not a thing we can do about it". They'll impound the car, which is usually in the name of a friend or relative. Then, the friend or relative will get it from impound and take it home to the illegal. Then the illegal will switch out tags, again, and hop in and go to the FREE food pantry, the FREE clothes closet, the P.O. to get their FREE welfare check, the Community Center to get what they didn't get at the other places, FREE, of course, plus at least one FREE utility bill paid, then on to the FREE emergency room to get FREE medicine to get rid of that pesky cold, and if they have time, the FREE dental clinic, just because they can.

Old 03-31-2009, 05:36 PM

usually they are given a ticket. and a court date to present proof of a license, insurance, registration. these are fix it tickets. if they do not show to court(which happens) they are charged a fine. if they dont pay the fine they put a warrant out on the car and the driver if possible.

i have cop buddies and contrary to what people have said you can get money from these people. warrants help. thats the key in all of this. this also puts people in jail. regardless of status. a friend of mine just spent 6 days in county because of a warrant. the stupid county workers did not register the fact that he finished his DUI classes. he did everything on time. the county screwed up and he spent time in county.

thats what they do. they just put warrants out. some times erroneously, but usually on point. and depending on the situation cars do get towed and people get taken away.

of course it varies from dept to dept. the LA sheriff deal with it one way, they LAPD another, and the smaller depts in another way.

oh and all this "FREE this, FREE that" non sense is laughable.

Old 03-31-2009, 06:07 PM

3,712 posts, read 5,709,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
usually they are given a ticket. and a court date to present proof of a license, insurance, registration. these are fix it tickets. if they do not show to court(which happens) they are charged a fine. if they dont pay the fine they put a warrant out on the car and the driver if possible.

i have cop buddies and contrary to what people have said you can get money from these people. warrants help. thats the key in all of this. this also puts people in jail. regardless of status. a friend of mine just spent 6 days in county because of a warrant. the stupid county workers did not register the fact that he finished his DUI classes. he did everything on time. the county screwed up and he spent time in county.

thats what they do. they just put warrants out. some times erroneously, but usually on point. and depending on the situation cars do get towed and people get taken away.

of course it varies from dept to dept. the LA sheriff deal with it one way, they LAPD another, and the smaller depts in another way.

oh and all this "FREE this, FREE that" non sense is laughable.

Really? Do you deny that they get free medical care? If so, I have some land in Florida to sell you.

Old 03-31-2009, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
Really? Do you deny that they get free medical care? If so, I have some land in Florida to sell you.

ya and i have some beach front property in AZ for you.

Old 03-31-2009, 06:14 PM

3,712 posts, read 5,709,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
ya and i have some beach front property in AZ for you.
Stay on subject. Are you denying that they get free medical care?

Old 03-31-2009, 06:26 PM

lots of folk do. but the exagerations here are ridiculous. thats the subject at hand. that yall like to exagerate. really? some one who gets pulled over for driving without a license goes directly to the welfare line to collect? or goes to the doctor to seek medical attention. are does any of what was said.

yall just like to conflate issues. how about yall get on the right subjet and discuss what the thread is about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
Stay on subject. Are you denying that they get free medical care?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or