Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2007, 01:24 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I think Mexico's problems are none of our business. A cheaper solution to absorbing their malcontents is simple. Build a dual concrete fence and mine the land in between. Recall soldiers stationed in Germany, S.Korea and Japan to patrol the border. Close those bases over seas.. Let the perspective govs pay for their own defence and security.
Cut foreign aid by 90% use the savings to finance the border work. This includes aid to Israel our less than reliable ally.
Fine employers of illegals to the max. Fines will be used to offset the costs of deportation.
Cut all aid to Mexico until they inact valid reform and actually show that they are going after the drug lords in their own country.
A zero tolerance for illegals is what is required. That includes a zero tolerance for employers who hire them. Fines should be multiplied by the number of illegals an employer has hired.
All assets obtained by illegals while here should be siezed. They were obtained illegally by fraud and trespass.
True -- their problems shouldn't concern us -- except it's Mexico that tries to have us concerned with them.

Not only with unlimited and illegal immigration but every time it turns around, it's demanding some kind of financial bailout from us. Recently Calderon demanded that some billion and a half dollars be sent -- with no strings attached and no oversight on how they spend it.

Yes -- we need to build a wall -- stop Mexican drugs from coming over the border, stop smuggling, trafficking and all kinds of illegal activities from that country. And also we need to stop bailing them out at every turn -- because all that money doesn't fix anything -- it just ends up in a few bank accounts of the officials.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2007, 01:27 PM

902 posts, read 718,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
True -- their problems shouldn't concern us -- except it's Mexico that tries to have us concerned with them.
Never forget that Mexico continually pokes its nose into our affairs also and it is none of their damn business what our country does, but you see them constantly telling us how we should act and what we should do. They want us to butt out of their affairs then they should butt out of ours and I for one, would be more than glad if our country would stop sending them money they use against us.

Old 12-30-2007, 01:32 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheeto View Post
I watched the video, that's like showing a black guy a video of a clan rally and saying "see that's what ALL white people think". Condoning deportation of 10 to 20 million people living in this country will surely add salt to these wounds, I think amnesty is a far more peaceful, less turbulent solution. The whole plan in 1986 would've worked, but employers still hired under the radar, and our borders still remained leaky. I'm just saying instead of targeting the immigrants themselves, look within our own flawed laws and borders to find a solution. But trying to deport millions of people is just wrong and will lead to mass chaos and tense relations here in my beloved country and I don't condone it. I'm pro-amnesty IMO it's the only realistic solution.

Actually I thnk you are the racist because why should one ethnic group of lawbreakers be rewarded for breaking the law while many people patiently wait and work through the legal process?

And how can it be so hard to get rid of 10 to 20 million people when the Mexican government managed to do it -- and it got them out of their own homeland.

Another thing -- many illegals never even intended to stay here forever. They originally plan to work a bit and get back home -- and there's no good reason to change their minds on that.

Many of those 10 to 20 million people can't speak a word of English, they have no desire or ability to adapt to our language and culture. Some have only very recently arrived. They really would be better off in many ways by going back home where they do know the language and culture -- and to the country they really are at home in.

What all this is about -- the Mexican oligarchy does not wish to put into place long-overdue reforms and as long as we allow them to avoid those reforms by keeping the border wide-open, they will not make those reforms.

Old 12-30-2007, 01:47 PM

1,999 posts, read 1,662,969 times
Do you ever see GW parading around Mexico like Vincente Fox did America? No, they wouldnt stand for it.

They are destroying America folks, one illegal at a time they are doing it.

The MAJORITY wants no amnesty and to send them back to Mexico or whatever country they came from.

It is getting out of control and we need to stop it like RIGHT NOW.

Old 12-30-2007, 05:01 PM

902 posts, read 718,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridabound09 View Post
Do you ever see GW parading around Mexico like Vincente Fox did America? No, they wouldnt stand for it.

They are destroying America folks, one illegal at a time they are doing it.

The MAJORITY wants no amnesty and to send them back to Mexico or whatever country they came from.

It is getting out of control and we need to stop it like RIGHT NOW.
Yes, by any means necessary to get the job done.

Old 12-30-2007, 05:47 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post

Not only with unlimited and illegal immigration but every time it turns around, it's demanding some kind of financial bailout from us. Recently Calderon demanded that some billion and a half dollars be sent -- with no strings attached and no oversight on how they spend it.

Yes -- we need to build a wall -- stop Mexican drugs from coming over the border, stop smuggling, trafficking and all kinds of illegal activities from that country. And also we need to stop bailing them out at every turn -- because all that money doesn't fix anything -- it just ends up in a few bank accounts of the officials.
Cut foreign aid and use the money to build our fence. Close the bases over seas in Germany and Korea. Use those troops to patrol the border.
Mexico can either put up or shut up. They need us far more than we need them.

Old 12-30-2007, 06:42 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,429,775 times
The fines we put on employers can pay for deportation and the fence.

Old 12-30-2007, 06:55 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
The fines we put on employers can pay for deportation and the fence.
Absolutely....
Employers need to learn that cheating the system by using illegal labor will be far more costly than using legal labor.
All illegals should be finger printed and deported. No reentry visa possible.

Old 12-30-2007, 08:57 PM

447 posts, read 798,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheeto View Post
I'm so sick of hearing people bash illegals for being here, then turn around and say that they are against amnesty. What's YOUR solution? waisting taxpayers money to find and deport these people just to have half of them return through our leaky borders? Is that your final answer??? C'mon people you're kidding yourselves if you think the solution is that simple. Not to mention, I whole heartedly suspect that most of you are racist, wether you want to admit it or not. If our country was being flooded by illegal Canadians, I doubt we'd see a fraction of the backlash that we do now!! (granted they were white) The sad thing is most of these people come here to work and escape their country's corrupt governments, call me crazy, but wasn't that why our country was founded in the first place?? Give them amnesty so they can pay into the system like the rest of us. Nearly all these people are here to work just like us!! People like to associate illegals with gangs and crime, when the truth is that's a homegrown problem that started way before now (ever heard of the mafia or see "West Side Story"). Maybe if we treated our neighbors with a little more hospitality, they would work harder to learn the language and assimilate, but who wants to be a team player on a team that treats you like the competition. Sorry, but amnesty is the only REAL solution.Waisting my tax money to deport all these hard working people is ridiculous. We could use that money to better secure our borders and stop the contraband thats been coming through for years. Wake up America, we have a lot worse things to worry about than people coming here to support their families. With half the world wanting to blow us off the map, turning our backs on our nieghbors in need is the most un-American thing we can do. I say make em citizens and keep the American dream alive!!

in 1620 when the pilgrims landed on plymouth rock, their desire to come to america was not to work.....it was for religious freedom.
here in the "new" world, people wanted to be free to choose their god..
there was no government to tell them otherwise.
over the years of inhabitation,other reasons were added.
but never forget the real need to immigrate...religious freedom.

when you say that you suspect most of us are racist, i beg to differ.
you do not know me...do not know anything about me.
but since you ask....i am a multi- culture kind of girl.
god, is denzel washington a sexy man...i am blond with green eyes...native american, with choctaw ancestry.and george lopez......yeah...i would marry him, if i wasnt married 24 years to the same polish man who was almost killed by an illegal alien drunk driver who in a short story escaped justice by living in the shadows for years...breaking law after law, after law...
this crime nm961553 happened in 1996.after my husbands near death experience, i started researching the issue of illegal immigration, and though terrified by 9-11 and saddened that my nation was now under attack officially, i was not surprised to discover the eleven men involved in 9-11 were also here illegally in some fashion or another..
i have been arguing this point to officials since 1996.and everything i have tried to stress has fallen on deaf ears......
get one thing straight....this is not about race...this is about the security of our nation.
partly for the reason that i do not want to see another 9-11, but also because i do not want to see another american go through the pain our family has survived by an illegal alien.
yes some come here for a better life...and others do not..
the illegal that almost killed my husband has committed three crimes since being in our country, and was never deported once, though each time authorities knew of his immigration status......
i find that hard to swallow.
maybe for some it is a racial thing.but i cant say i blame anyone for feeling this way...imo, the mexican illegal immigrant made it this way, by screaming about civil rights...drawing attention to themselves...wave that flag in my face one more time, and i will lose it....this countries colors are red white and blue, no matter what color you are.
remember that when you tell me i am a racist.
...get real.............invaders demanding rights????
no invading army will ever take my country.
call it what you like...i know what it is.

Old 12-30-2007, 09:53 PM

1,156 posts, read 2,089,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridabound09 View Post
I would be willing to spend the billions needed to deport every illegal no matter where they are from and build a bigger better wall around the Mexico border.
I am not racist at all and have an opinion inwhich those who call us who are against illegals seem to use only as an excuse.
They are bankrupting our schools, hospitals and bringing diseases to our kids that we were able to beat many years ago.
The difference is if we had a wave of Canadians come here they would not cause the problems the mexicans are causing us all. They would not be breaking laws and carrying Mexican flags in MY streets.

The difference is Canadians respect our laws and our country, the majority of Mexicans do not.

Its not the matter of who they are, it is a matter of what they have done when they come here. Let the record be known that you smply will not find Canadians or other countries sending in people who continually break other countries laws. Many Canadians who I know have came here want to be Americans, not Canadians trying to force their society on us.

You as an American are NOT allowed to carry an American flag in Mexico, you have to wait in line to get any jobs as they go to Mexicans first and you are NOT allowed to SPONGE of the Mexican government.

I think we need to take over the country of Mexico and turn it into an asset since we are taking care of all their. It has allot of potential and for the life of me I cannot see how they cannot be a good country with huge assets.
And to think Mexico owed us billions of dollars and we allowed them to go away without paying. Now they are draining our society and our citizens from what is ours.

You state you really dont want to see out taxes go to waste deporting them all...... wake up, our taxes are being used to feed and take care of them, our taxes are trying to keep our hospitals and schools going. We are losing the battle and it is time we stop it NOW. We cannot afford them anymore and Americans need the jobs back they have taken.

My No. 1 issue for any election from now on is not the economy, not jobs, not housing, not healthcare, not the war.......It's is who is willing to stand up and deport ALL illegals, build the wall and who will fight to stop the law that allows anyone who is born here to become automatic citizens.

Gosh, I know this is a sore topic but I cannot take it anymore.

Those of us who do not want illegals here are NOT racist people. ITS THE FREAKIN LAW !!!

Ohh by they way, anyone flying a Mexican flag in our cities and buring an American flag should be shot on the spot, no questions asked. End of story.

Its time to take a stand.
Excellent post!! Time to take a stand, we can do that also by voting right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration