U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-30-2007, 10:57 PM
 
1,156 posts, read 1,876,588 times
Reputation: 317

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
your plan will kill the american dream!!
That is for sure!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-30-2007, 11:08 PM
 
1,267 posts, read 2,988,952 times
Reputation: 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
No amnesty, period--------unless Mexico willing to turn over some of her land in exchange for us keeping the illegal immigrants (over 80% of illegals are from Mx).

Somehow; I do not see that coming to pass............for now.
didn't mexico already turn over some of "her" land? (alamo onward) and various native americans before that? do you think that native americans should be ousted and relegated to nothing but reservations, too? i'm not sure what the answer is, but some of these things seem part of it.

Last edited by hello-world; 12-30-2007 at 11:25 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-31-2007, 12:02 AM
 
Location: On my way to FLA baby !!
1,999 posts, read 1,186,743 times
Reputation: 357
As we are talking about immigration I am looking, watching and reading for all the info I can get on this subject.
Here is just some of the info I heard tonight. It is staggering.

San Diego Country hospitals are going bankrupt. Why because the illegals are using the ER's for non emergency care. The largest of the hospitals lost 250 MILLION alone on treatment of illegals. 250 MILLION FOLKS !!
They will be closing the entire hospital if they do not stop this soon.

Dallas- 70 thousand illegal babies born at a Dallas hospital and all PAID FOR BY YOUR TAX dollar. Then you get shafter again because the illegal mom come over the border to have the babies and the babies are then American citizens and we have to pay for the mom and babies care.

This has to stop people. They are bankrupting our hospitals, our schools and our cities.

I hate to do it, but we need to force checking of documents at hospitals and schools, if you are illegal you get no care and no schooling.

WE MUST DO SOMETHING NOW or the American tax paying citizens wont have a hospital to go to and your kids will not have a school to attend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-31-2007, 01:18 AM
 
Location: escondido,ca
194 posts, read 401,026 times
Reputation: 121
[quote=malamute;2368492]Actually I thnk you are the racist because why should one ethnic group of lawbreakers be rewarded for breaking the law while many people patiently wait and work through the legal process?

Do you really think all illegals are hispanic? No matter where they came from, if they came here, established a life and work for a living, I for one think its wrong to make them leave because that's how our country became what it is today for better or worse. I'm not racist at all, I just think because the majority of illegals do have darker skin than immigrants of generations past, all of the sudden were "under siege" and being taken over. I just don't believe that 100 percent European immigrants (most Mexicans are half), would generate the same response.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-31-2007, 01:21 AM
 
Location: escondido,ca
194 posts, read 401,026 times
Reputation: 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by texanborn View Post
And just what makes you think that whites were at one time the only racist ? See, that's what you get for being liberal, a oneway mind ....
Liberal? I'm not gay. I support the death penalty, the NRA and I think abortion is a deadly sin. I just believe in fairness that's all!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-31-2007, 01:31 AM
 
Location: escondido,ca
194 posts, read 401,026 times
Reputation: 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheeto View Post
Liberal? I'm not gay. I support the death penalty, the NRA and I think abortion is a deadly sin. I just believe in fairness that's all!!
I also think its funny that all these extreme right wingers thump the bible, than actually have the nerve to advocate every measure short of lynching to get illegals out of this country. There's got to be something in the bible about tearing apart families and kicking people out of the land they've established a life in, all because of lack of documentation. I'm no saint, but I think the man above would frown on this lack of humanity. Then again, many of these right wingers are also affiliated with the types of businesses (cheap) that would take advantage of these illegals in the first place. And yeah, I think the war is wrong too, but I'm still not a liberal!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-31-2007, 01:38 AM
 
Location: escondido,ca
194 posts, read 401,026 times
Reputation: 121
And my remark about racism not being just for white folks anymore was complete sarcasm. It was in response to a "you tube" video another threader posted with a bunch of pissed off hispanics spouting off a bunch of anti-white rhetoric. People circulate this sort of thing to spread fear of illegal immigrants, like their all plotting to trek across the desert and hiding in tractor trailers, just to come here and kill whitey!! It's propaganda, both from the people who made the video, to the people who spread it around. Every ethnic group has its equivalent of the caucasian redneck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-31-2007, 02:16 AM
 
Location: On my way to FLA baby !!
1,999 posts, read 1,186,743 times
Reputation: 357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheeto View Post
I also think its funny that all these extreme right wingers thump the bible, than actually have the nerve to advocate every measure short of lynching to get illegals out of this country. There's got to be something in the bible about tearing apart families and kicking people out of the land they've established a life in, all because of lack of documentation. I'm no saint, but I think the man above would frown on this lack of humanity. Then again, many of these right wingers are also affiliated with the types of businesses (cheap) that would take advantage of these illegals in the first place. And yeah, I think the war is wrong too, but I'm still not a liberal!!!

STOP the crap with the ring wingers being bible toters.. I am a right winger and I do not tote a bible around.
Its just your libs excuse to have something to poke at. I know more religous bible toting freaks who are democrats then republicans.

What would you say if all the right wingers would start saying that ALL you libs are non bible non moral freaks who kill babies, protect the illegals and believe in nothing but inmoral values like gay marriage.

You libs need to stop using the bible as you way of describing ring wingers. Where did you freaks ge this at, a Micheal Moore seminar or something.

I sure would rather tote a bible then always be on the wrong side of what is moral and right.

So should I start every sentence by saying you gay loving baby killing liberals ......... no.... I shouldnt but it would be the same thing you libs are doing.

Do you libs really believe everything your leaders tell you to think. Think for yourselves instead of listening to those who control your thoughts and tell you how to think.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-31-2007, 02:55 AM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,792,170 times
Reputation: 22171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheeto View Post
[
Do you really think all illegals are hispanic? No matter where they came from, if they came here, established a life and work for a living, I for one think its wrong to make them leave because that's how our country became what it is today for better or worse. I'm not racist at all, I just think because the majority of illegals do have darker skin than immigrants of generations past, all of the sudden were "under siege" and being taken over. I just don't believe that 100 percent European immigrants (most Mexicans are half), would generate the same response.
No I don't believe all illegals are hispanic -- and so how can it be racist to want the immigration laws enforced with all illegals -- since there are all the races represented.

And what you "think" isn't likely the case at all. Who has posted that only Mexicans be deported but if white illegals are found, they can stay? Anyhow hispanic isn't a race, Mexican isn't a race, and illegal isn't a race. However -- when someone suggests that Mexicans because of their race have a right to break our laws -- that is racist. Or when La Raza protests for Mexican illegals but doesn't speak a word when Haitians are deported that is racist.

We should have a policy where anyone of any race found here illegally is deported and barred permanently from legal entry. Those who wish to return home to start over the right way should do so -- so that they have a clean record.

There should be no rewards for breaking the laws. If we need immigrants they need to be legal, they need to be able to assimilate, preferably they would already speak and understand English. That might mean we give preference to immigrants from Barbados, Jamaica, Ireland, India, Australia, England since they speak English fluently and so can more easily adapt.

Immigration needs to be limited to those people who wish to become American in every way. Not just because they don't feel like reforming or working to reform their own country. Not just because we have food stamps and free health care, and certainly not because they want to have their own holidays and language put into place here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-31-2007, 06:53 AM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,658,378 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by hello-world View Post
didn't mexico already turn over some of "her" land? (alamo onward) and various native americans before that? do you think that native americans should be ousted and relegated to nothing but reservations, too? i'm not sure what the answer is, but some of these things seem part of it.
Try again.

The indigenous peoples fought wars amongst themselves-------just that a bigger, badder group of 'Indians' came along. Welcome to history.

Besides: the Navajo arrived ca. 1000 AD and I am sure that those invaders ran off some of the earlier residents. Yet; I never hear any talk of chasing the Navajo away-------just 'White' people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top