U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-31-2007, 07:48 AM
 
Location: Helena, Montana
2,010 posts, read 2,042,912 times
Reputation: 780

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheeto View Post
And my remark about racism not being just for white folks anymore was complete sarcasm. It was in response to a "you tube" video another threader posted with a bunch of pissed off hispanics spouting off a bunch of anti-white rhetoric. People circulate this sort of thing to spread fear of illegal immigrants, like their all plotting to trek across the desert and hiding in tractor trailers, just to come here and kill whitey!! It's propaganda, both from the people who made the video, to the people who spread it around. Every ethnic group has its equivalent of the caucasian redneck.


I consider the term "redneck" ignorant and racist towards white people. Use a different term when referring to racists or white people at all for that matter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-31-2007, 10:11 AM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,628,664 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
[/color]

I consider the term "redneck" ignorant and racist towards white people. Use a different term when referring to racists or white people at all for that matter.
In all fairness; the word 'redneck' is heading up in social status----------in part a way of taunting La Raza and their allies.

Karl Malone; the fomer Utah Jazz player, who is a Black man jokingly refers to himself as an AA Redneck because he works with his hands.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-31-2007, 10:42 AM
 
Location: South Bay Native
13,050 posts, read 21,168,230 times
Reputation: 22525
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Mexico has already turned over Texas, Arizona, California and New Mexico. What more shall they give us?
They need not give us anything; all they need to do is take back their wards that we've been financially drained by over the last decades, and we can call it even-steven.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-31-2007, 10:46 AM
 
Location: Oklahoma(formerly SoCalif) Originally Mich,
13,387 posts, read 16,207,047 times
Reputation: 4611
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheeto View Post
And my remark about racism not being just for white folks anymore was complete sarcasm. It was in response to a "you tube" video another threader posted with a bunch of pissed off hispanics spouting off a bunch of anti-white rhetoric. People circulate this sort of thing to spread fear of illegal immigrants, like their all plotting to trek across the desert and hiding in tractor trailers, just to come here and kill whitey!! It's propaganda, both from the people who made the video, to the people who spread it around. Every ethnic group has its equivalent of the caucasian redneck.
It's obvious that your no native of this country.

Our country is "UNITED",, "UNITED"STATES. And because you seem to lack the knowlege of the definition, it means:
"ALL FOR ONE and ONE FOR ALL" Which has nothing to do with "Race".
It means there's, One Culture, One Flag, One Language, any and all US natives living in the country and any and all
Immigrants(no matter what race, religion or color skin) that migrate to this country, to work, for a better home or for any reason, those People are bound to and are obligated to follow the "rules of Law" and "The Constitution" of the "United States".
For those who try to play stupid and ignore the law, there's one rule of law that follows them, "IGNORANCE of the LAW IS NO EXCUSE".
Anyone that comes into this country illegally is going against the Laws and Constitution of this country, no matter what their excuse.

If they plan on getting anywhere in life, coming here illegally is not the way to do it. And by not Uniting or assimulating with the US, they will only be left in the shadows and eventually, somewhere down the line there will be consequences. They will have to do what we do, "face the consequences".

Last edited by mkfarnam; 12-31-2007 at 11:13 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-31-2007, 11:02 AM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,722,338 times
Reputation: 22158
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
[/color]

I consider the term "redneck" ignorant and racist towards white people. Use a different term when referring to racists or white people at all for that matter.

I'd rather be called "honkies" than the terms the people from Mexico are making for us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-31-2007, 11:40 AM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,628,664 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I'd rather be called "honkies" than the terms the people from Mexico are making for us.
Heck: the White Mexicans have derogatory terms for their 'brown' countrymen so 'racism' is not just an Anglo thing. Hispanic culture is very White Supremacist---------hence the Mestizo/Indian Latinos not daring to stand up for their rights to their 'brother' Latinos of pure Spanish, etc. heritage.

Hypocrites.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-31-2007, 11:48 AM
 
Location: escondido,ca
194 posts, read 400,625 times
Reputation: 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridabound09 View Post
STOP the crap with the ring wingers being bible toters.. I am a right winger and I do not tote a bible around.
Its just your libs excuse to have something to poke at. I know more religous bible toting freaks who are democrats then republicans.

What would you say if all the right wingers would start saying that ALL you libs are non bible non moral freaks who kill babies, protect the illegals and believe in nothing but inmoral values like gay marriage.

You libs need to stop using the bible as you way of describing ring wingers. Where did you freaks ge this at, a Micheal Moore seminar or something.

I sure would rather tote a bible then always be on the wrong side of what is moral and right.

So should I start every sentence by saying you gay loving baby killing liberals ......... no.... I shouldnt but it would be the same thing you libs are doing.

Do you libs really believe everything your leaders tell you to think. Think for yourselves instead of listening to those who control your thoughts and tell you how to think.
Obviously you didn't get the point of my post, I DON'T consider myself a liberal, marraige is for moms and dads, abortion is a sin, every one should own a gun, the death penalty should be imposed on the non reforming sickos in our society, and I whole heartedly believe in Jesus and the ten commandments. I also think wanting to destroy another person's life because of their legal status as a citizen is wrong if they work and don't break any REAL laws. I also think the war is wrong (In Iraq). I also think our health care system needs a serious overhaul. I feel my diverse opinions favor that of many americans. Everything's not always blue and red or black and white. This is just another way society causes divides within itself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-31-2007, 11:49 AM
 
9,742 posts, read 9,062,712 times
Reputation: 2049
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheeto View Post
Obviously you didn't get the point of my post, I DON'T consider myself a liberal, marraige is for moms and dads, abortion is a sin, every one should own a gun, the death penalty should be imposed on the non reforming sickos in our society, and I whole heartedly believe in Jesus and the ten commandments. I also think wanting to destroy another person's life because of their legal status as a citizen is wrong if they work and don't break any REAL laws. I also think the war is wrong (In Iraq). I also think our health care system needs a serious overhaul. I feel my diverse opinions favor that of many americans. Everything's not always blue and red or black and white. This is just another way society causes divides within itself.
What exactly is a "real" law?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-31-2007, 12:01 PM
 
Location: South Bay Native
13,050 posts, read 21,168,230 times
Reputation: 22525
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
What exactly is a "real" law?
I would guess in the pro-illegals terminology, a REAL law is one they agree with - the rest are just plain 'phony' laws that should be ignored like an annoying little gnat buzzing around your face.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-31-2007, 12:28 PM
 
8,973 posts, read 14,617,384 times
Reputation: 2983
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
I would guess in the pro-illegals terminology, a REAL law is one they agree with - the rest are just plain 'phony' laws that should be ignored like an annoying little gnat buzzing around your face.
This of course is true. Unfortunately, it doesn't stop there. To many of our "multi-cultural" idealists, (who are the 'darlings' of the open-borders folks, among others), a REAL country is one with a recognizable, agreed-upon culture. Even if this culture is "tough" (for example, if it can't, or won't, tolerate foreigners) we are told that "that's OK, because it's their CULTURE".

Since the US, (we are told) really HAS no culture---and therefore no one really has a say in who does, or who doesn't, 'belong' here...it follows that we can't 'pick and choose' what we want--- because our 'culture'--(which really ISN'T a culture) mandates that we 'take in' anyone who wants to come here. We have no 'right' to exclude ANYONE, because we are ALL immigrants, and no one really 'belongs' here more than anyone else. Therefore, in a sense, the USA isn't a "REAL" country, in the sense that others are. And of course, there's always the guy on the sidelines who chimes in, "besides, we have no exclusive right to call ourselves 'Americans'. Anyone who lives in the Western Hemisphere is an American...whether North, South, or Central, we're ALL Americans". This observation always helps to clarify this difficult issue even further..

Now, does that clear it up for you?.....(if it does, maybe you can explain it to me).....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top