U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2007, 02:35 PM

194 posts, read 400,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
What exactly is a "real" law?
Something morally wrong
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2007, 02:43 PM

17,279 posts, read 24,957,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheeto View Post
Something morally wrong

You see nothing "morally wrong" with sneaking into a country?

If I enter your house and take up residence there because my family needs a place to stay, but I'm too poor to afford my own, have I committed a "moral" wrong by breaking in and staying in your house without permission?

Even if I wash the dishes and mow your lawn for you, you would accept that and not call the police?

Old 12-31-2007, 03:38 PM

9,308 posts, read 25,652,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
You see nothing "morally wrong" with sneaking into a country?

If I enter your house and take up residence there because my family needs a place to stay, but I'm too poor to afford my own, have I committed a "moral" wrong by breaking in and staying in your house without permission?

Even if I wash the dishes and mow your lawn for you, you would accept that and not call the police?
Very valid point, TriMT7!

Why is your logical point so difficult to understand and/or accept by so many . . . including many leaders in Washington?

Old 12-31-2007, 03:47 PM

13,043 posts, read 21,154,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
Very valid point, TriMT7!

Why is your logical point so difficult to understand and/or accept by so many . . . including many leaders in Washington?
Not only is it difficult to understand by so many, but I have yet to read a single adequate rebuttal from the shrill pro-illegal crowd whenever similar points are presented. Probably becaue there aren't any.

Old 12-31-2007, 03:51 PM

2,010 posts, read 2,041,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
In all fairness; the word 'redneck' is heading up in social status----------in part a way of taunting La Raza and their allies.

Karl Malone; the fomer Utah Jazz player, who is a Black man jokingly refers to himself as an AA Redneck because he works with his hands.
I have no problem with the term redneck, I consider myself one, and that's why when the pro-illegal crowd uses it to be derogatory (which I feel they use it to imply racist white trash), I find it offensive. If a fellow redneck wants to call me one I'll take it as a compliment.

Old 12-31-2007, 10:50 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,690,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheeto View Post
Something morally wrong
So -- do you agree Americans should not have to obey the laws of Mexico or other hispanic countries?

Old 12-31-2007, 10:54 PM

3,936 posts, read 5,446,580 times
"Even if I wash the dishes and mow your lawn for you, you would accept that and not call the police?"

Heck, if you cooked dinner too, not only would I not call the police, I'd give you your own room!

Old 12-31-2007, 11:09 PM

1,999 posts, read 1,182,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
This of course is true. Unfortunately, it doesn't stop there. To many of our "multi-cultural" idealists, (who are the 'darlings' of the open-borders folks, among others), a REAL country is one with a recognizable, agreed-upon culture. Even if this culture is "tough" (for example, if it can't, or won't, tolerate foreigners) we are told that "that's OK, because it's their CULTURE".

Since the US, (we are told) really HAS no culture---and therefore no one really has a say in who does, or who doesn't, 'belong' here...it follows that we can't 'pick and choose' what we want--- because our 'culture'--(which really ISN'T a culture) mandates that we 'take in' anyone who wants to come here. We have no 'right' to exclude ANYONE, because we are ALL immigrants, and no one really 'belongs' here more than anyone else. Therefore, in a sense, the USA isn't a "REAL" country, in the sense that others are. And of course, there's always the guy on the sidelines who chimes in, "besides, we have no exclusive right to call ourselves 'Americans'. Anyone who lives in the Western Hemisphere is an American...whether North, South, or Central, we're ALL Americans". This observation always helps to clarify this difficult issue even further..

Now, does that clear it up for you?.....(if it does, maybe you can explain it to me).....

We have no right to exclude anyone but we DO HAVE THE RIGHT to force everyone to follow the laws, the culture and the ways of the country you are coming to. Hence... move to China you must adapt to their society and ways and not visa versa.
We are being forced to adapt to the illegals ways and that is wrong and needs to be stopped by any means necessary.

Old 01-01-2008, 04:52 AM

902 posts, read 505,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridabound09 View Post
We have no right to exclude anyone but we DO HAVE THE RIGHT to force everyone to follow the laws, the culture and the ways of the country you are coming to. Hence... move to China you must adapt to their society and ways and not visa versa.
We are being forced to adapt to the illegals ways and that is wrong and needs to be stopped by any means necessary.
Hayy New Year and YES, we most certainly do have the right to excluse anyone we see fit. Since we know immigration will not be given a much needed moratorium then we need ti only allow people to immigrate to our country who have the education and necessary skills to benefit society and Mexicans do not have that, as most who come from south of the border do not.

Old 01-01-2008, 03:02 PM

1,267 posts, read 2,986,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozark-Baby View Post
Hayy New Year and YES, we most certainly do have the right to excluse anyone we see fit. Since we know immigration will not be given a much needed moratorium then we need ti only allow people to immigrate to our country who have the education and necessary skills to benefit society and Mexicans do not have that, as most who come from south of the border do not.
i agree that there may be some "rights". i wonder what the cost/benefit is for some of these things, i.e., the wisdom of exercising any perceived "right". i don't profess to have the answer, but, it could be interesting to hear about some of the cost/benefit. there ARE costs and benefits either way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration