U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-01-2008, 04:46 PM
 
8,973 posts, read 14,642,976 times
Reputation: 2983

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridabound09 View Post
We have no right to exclude anyone but we DO HAVE THE RIGHT to force everyone to follow the laws, the culture and the ways of the country you are coming to. Hence... move to China you must adapt to their society and ways and not visa versa.
We are being forced to adapt to the illegals ways and that is wrong and needs to be stopped by any means necessary.
I follow most of your reasoning, except for the opening line. "We have no right to exclude anyone"? This part I don't get. You mean everyone on earth, man, woman, or child, is entitled to live in the US? Doesn't sound like it would work, to me. If everyone who wanted to come here, came here, we'd have no choice but to exclude some....which we already DO. That's why we have visas---and immigration laws, etc. The fact that these laws are regularly ignored doesn't mean they don't exist--or that they aren't needed.

People have the right to exclude others from their home. Schools can exclude non-students. Professional associations can exclude those not qualified...and countries can exclude non-citizens. Every country has that right...A citizen of Uruguay has no "right" to enter, or live in, France. He must ask, and be granted, permission. Same holds true with any pair of countries. Some countries give preference to certain other countries....some are easy to enter, some more selective. But all countries have the right to "exclude" people--even the USA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-01-2008, 05:41 PM
 
Location: On my way to FLA baby !!
1,999 posts, read 1,189,648 times
Reputation: 357
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
I follow most of your reasoning, except for the opening line. "We have no right to exclude anyone"? This part I don't get. You mean everyone on earth, man, woman, or child, is entitled to live in the US? Doesn't sound like it would work, to me. If everyone who wanted to come here, came here, we'd have no choice but to exclude some....which we already DO. That's why we have visas---and immigration laws, etc. The fact that these laws are regularly ignored doesn't mean they don't exist--or that they aren't needed.

People have the right to exclude others from their home. Schools can exclude non-students. Professional associations can exclude those not qualified...and countries can exclude non-citizens. Every country has that right...A citizen of Uruguay has no "right" to enter, or live in, France. He must ask, and be granted, permission. Same holds true with any pair of countries. Some countries give preference to certain other countries....some are easy to enter, some more selective. But all countries have the right to "exclude" people--even the USA.

Sorry.. left an important part out. We should not exclude people such as doctors, researchers, scientist etc who can benefit us overall. ( of course they need to have to meet all the criteria below )

Yes, we should exclude ALL those who will not be willing to become an American, respect American values and culture and carru our flag and not their flag in MY streets.

As mentioned above by someone, every single person who comes here should be tested for drugs, diseases, background checks etc.

They are destroying us people, one day at a time they are killing our economy, our schools, our hospitals and our culture.

If you do not want to be one of us, GO HOME or be removed, its is simple.

This is American and our language is english, our flag is red white and blue and if you do not like it here you are NOT WELCOME here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-01-2008, 05:45 PM
 
9,742 posts, read 9,086,172 times
Reputation: 2049
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheeto View Post
Something morally wrong
If you want a legal system based on morality, I suggest you move to Iran or Saudi Arabia.

Until then, your personal moral code is irrelevant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-09-2008, 06:31 AM
 
421 posts, read 987,361 times
Reputation: 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
No amnesty, period--------unless Mexico willing to turn over some of her land in exchange for us keeping the illegal immigrants (over 80% of illegals are from Mx).

Somehow; I do not see that coming to pass............for now.
How about Cabo and Acapulco? Or should we go for the Carribbean side? Wait, 11 million illegals you say? Then we should get all the beach resorts.

Oh wait.... we already do own all the beachfront property in Mexico.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-09-2008, 07:05 AM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,696,242 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellie C. View Post
How about Cabo and Acapulco? Or should we go for the Carribbean side? Wait, 11 million illegals you say? Then we should get all the beach resorts.

Oh wait.... we already do own all the beachfront property in Mexico.
Not as far fetched as you allude to--------------apparently Nuevo Leon is becoming quite pissed at subsidizing the poorer Mx states like Oaxaca, etc. and has all but threatened to pull a 'Texas 1836', then petition to join the USA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-09-2008, 09:45 PM
 
Location: somewhere
4,264 posts, read 7,952,845 times
Reputation: 3129
Nope no amnesty, the money they used to pay the coyote should have been used to apply for citizenship legally, they have no desire to assimilate, they want to set up their little enclaves, and live life like they were in Mexico. If you believe otherwise you are very naive. I agree with those whose family members naturalized legally, do it right and you won't have to worry about deportation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-09-2008, 09:52 PM
 
Location: San Diego North County
4,800 posts, read 7,704,899 times
Reputation: 3010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellie C. View Post
How about Cabo and Acapulco? Or should we go for the Carribbean side? Wait, 11 million illegals you say? Then we should get all the beach resorts.

Oh wait.... we already do own all the beachfront property in Mexico.
Article 27 of the Mexican Constitution: "Only Mexicans by birth or naturalization and Mexican companies have the right to acquire ownership of lands, waters, and their appurtenances, or to obtain concessions for the exploitation of mines or of waters. The State may grant the same right to foreigners, provided they agree before the Ministry of Foreign Relations to consider themselves as nationals in respect to such property, and bind themselves not to invoke the protection of their governments in matters relating thereto; under penalty, in case of noncompliance with this agreement, of forfeiture of the property acquired to the Nation. Under no circumstances may foreigners acquire direct ownership of lands or waters within a zone of one hundred kilometers along the frontiers and of fifty kilometers along the shores of the country."

Nope, no beachfront property for the gringos!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-10-2008, 01:31 PM
 
Location: Missouri
3,640 posts, read 4,316,957 times
Reputation: 768
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheeto View Post
I'm so sick of hearing people bash illegals for being here, then turn around and say that they are against amnesty. What's YOUR solution? waisting taxpayers money to find and deport these people just to have half of them return through our leaky borders? Is that your final answer??? C'mon people you're kidding yourselves if you think the solution is that simple. Not to mention, I whole heartedly suspect that most of you are racist, wether you want to admit it or not. If our country was being flooded by illegal Canadians, I doubt we'd see a fraction of the backlash that we do now!! (granted they were white) The sad thing is most of these people come here to work and escape their country's corrupt governments, call me crazy, but wasn't that why our country was founded in the first place?? Give them amnesty so they can pay into the system like the rest of us. Nearly all these people are here to work just like us!! People like to associate illegals with gangs and crime, when the truth is that's a homegrown problem that started way before now (ever heard of the mafia or see "West Side Story"). Maybe if we treated our neighbors with a little more hospitality, they would work harder to learn the language and assimilate, but who wants to be a team player on a team that treats you like the competition. Sorry, but amnesty is the only REAL solution.Waisting my tax money to deport all these hard working people is ridiculous. We could use that money to better secure our borders and stop the contraband thats been coming through for years. Wake up America, we have a lot worse things to worry about than people coming here to support their families. With half the world wanting to blow us off the map, turning our backs on our nieghbors in need is the most un-American thing we can do. I say make em citizens and keep the American dream alive!!
BS!!!! No amnesty no matter what. They are parasites and they should all be deported immediately.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-10-2008, 04:01 PM
 
16,092 posts, read 35,859,317 times
Reputation: 6264
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Article 27 of the Mexican Constitution: "Only Mexicans by birth or naturalization and Mexican companies have the right to acquire ownership of lands, waters, and their appurtenances, or to obtain concessions for the exploitation of mines or of waters. The State may grant the same right to foreigners, provided they agree before the Ministry of Foreign Relations to consider themselves as nationals in respect to such property, and bind themselves not to invoke the protection of their governments in matters relating thereto; under penalty, in case of noncompliance with this agreement, of forfeiture of the property acquired to the Nation. Under no circumstances may foreigners acquire direct ownership of lands or waters within a zone of one hundred kilometers along the frontiers and of fifty kilometers along the shores of the country."

Nope, no beachfront property for the gringos!
How racist!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-10-2008, 06:42 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,696,242 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
How racist!
Being that Mexicans can be of any race...........not really. Although we should have a similar law pertaining to non US citizens/green card holders as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top