U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2008, 11:04 AM

13,387 posts, read 16,203,701 times

Advertisements

What made me complete the 180 degree turn, is demonstrations I went to and then I saw the defamation of our Flag and a video called "We Hate Gringos" WeHateGringos - WeHateGringos.com. (Before entering this website, please read the warning notice:)

I posted that video here on CD when I first joined.

I have to say,,,many CD posters could not believe it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2008, 11:18 AM

13,387 posts, read 16,203,701 times
ajzjsmom and Alanboy..................here's where the founders of "We Hate Gringos" wibesite are from....

(from the website)
Q: Are you an American?

WHG: Yes, both of us are born and raised in the USA - from Long Island, NY. We currently live in northern Virginia, about 15 miles from Capitol Hill.

Old 06-06-2009, 08:03 PM

14,969 posts, read 13,766,418 times
NO AMNESTY. Plain and simple. It never worked before, it won't work now.

Old 06-07-2009, 06:57 PM

32,799 posts, read 30,044,409 times
The title of this thread cracks me up. Here's another:

Free stuff needed, and quickly. You buy!

Old 06-07-2009, 08:45 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
As I have opined on in the past: it may be appropriate to consider floggings for illegal aliens caught more than twice entering the USA illegally. Singapore already has that option.

Old 06-07-2009, 10:35 PM

147 posts, read 186,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheeto View Post
I'm so sick of hearing people bash illegals for being here, then turn around and say that they are against amnesty. What's YOUR solution? waisting taxpayers money to find and deport these people just to have half of them return through our leaky borders? Is that your final answer??? C'mon people you're kidding yourselves if you think the solution is that simple. Not to mention, I whole heartedly suspect that most of you are racist, wether you want to admit it or not. If our country was being flooded by illegal Canadians, I doubt we'd see a fraction of the backlash that we do now!! (granted they were white) The sad thing is most of these people come here to work and escape their country's corrupt governments, call me crazy, but wasn't that why our country was founded in the first place?? Give them amnesty so they can pay into the system like the rest of us. Nearly all these people are here to work just like us!! People like to associate illegals with gangs and crime, when the truth is that's a homegrown problem that started way before now (ever heard of the mafia or see "West Side Story"). Maybe if we treated our neighbors with a little more hospitality, they would work harder to learn the language and assimilate, but who wants to be a team player on a team that treats you like the competition. Sorry, but amnesty is the only REAL solution.Waisting my tax money to deport all these hard working people is ridiculous. We could use that money to better secure our borders and stop the contraband thats been coming through for years. Wake up America, we have a lot worse things to worry about than people coming here to support their families. With half the world wanting to blow us off the map, turning our backs on our nieghbors in need is the most un-American thing we can do. I say make em citizens and keep the American dream alive!!
Wrong answer! This country was not founded on that. It was founded on people who were looking for a better life but had a little respect for the country. Canadians, Russians, Haitians, Mexicans, if you're not here legally then you truly should not be here. I'm tired of paying taxes to support said illegals, do you think I should seek legislation to stop it. I mean, I REALLY can't afford it, and well, I just don't think I need to. Do you think I have a shot??

Old 06-07-2009, 10:41 PM

147 posts, read 186,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheeto View Post
Suspect whatever you want. I could not care less. Pulling out the race card usually signifies a weak argument in the first place, IMO.
-I agree, the race card is played way too much these days, maybe cutural bias/misunderstanding is a better way to describe the vibe, as far as illegals thumbing their noses at our laws, I would thumb my nose at any law to ensure that my family had a roof over their head, a safe enviroment, and dinner every night!
That is what is making this country go to hell. That you would be willing to break laws "for your family" speaks volumes. BTW- jails are full of people who are willing to do ANYTHING. Tell me how you would feel if your home was robbed by a man who just wanted to feed his family. Forgive much??

Old 06-07-2009, 10:42 PM

2,381 posts, read 4,410,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Negrapola1975 View Post
Wrong answer! This country was not founded on that. It was founded on people who were looking for a better life but had a little respect for the country. Canadians, Russians, Haitians, Mexicans, if you're not here legally then you truly should not be here. I'm tired of paying taxes to support said illegals, do you think I should seek legislation to stop it. I mean, I REALLY can't afford it, and well, I just don't think I need to. Do you think I have a shot??
I would be alarmed in how much we would need to pay in taxes just to deport them.

Old 06-08-2009, 12:33 AM

1,150 posts, read 991,058 times
We tried amnesty before, and what did it get us? Twelve million more illegal aliens. You can't stop an illegal activity by excusing those who commit the acts. In the case of illegal immigration, it only encourages more people to enter the country illegally, and wait for the next amnesty.

Old 06-08-2009, 12:43 AM

2,381 posts, read 4,410,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayarcy View Post
We tried amnesty before, and what did it get us? Twelve million more illegal aliens. You can't stop an illegal activity by excusing those who commit the acts. In the case of illegal immigration, it only encourages more people to enter the country illegally, and wait for the next amnesty.
As Americans, we will no longer let another wave of illegal immigrants come in. It has taken so long to get to this point. No way will it ever happen. I feel confident in letting this group of people legalize instead of causing us billions and trillions in dollars to deport them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration