U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-29-2007, 08:32 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Reputation: 3785

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Mexico has already turned over Texas, Arizona, California and New Mexico. What more shall they give us?
Why not give us more land? Mexico only had dominion over our Southwest for 27 years (1821-1848); prior to that, it broke the law by seceding from Spain. Maybe we should return our Southwest to Mexico and then hand the whole country back to Spain. Methinks the people involved would be freaked out including Spaniards.

Many countries have been ruined throughout history. Our time (the USA) will likely come in a few hundred years.

Frankly; I do not 'see' Mexico remaining intact much longer-------and, the USA may have nothing to do with its demise. Mx has some potentially fatal divisions between its relatively prosperous (and 'White' north) and the poorer indigenous states like Chiapas, etc. The last election between Calderon and Lopez Obrador laid bare that fact.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-29-2007, 08:35 PM
 
8,973 posts, read 14,612,395 times
Reputation: 2983
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Mexico has already turned over Texas, Arizona, California and New Mexico. What more shall they give us?
Silly argument, as these places were hardly "given" away. But, just for fun, recall that California and Texas were both, briefly, independent countries before the US "annexed" them---so maybe these two countries were as responsible as the US for "taking" part of Mexico's land. (Which itself, "took" the whole operation away from Spain, just a few years earlier)..

California was also claimed by Great Britain (New Albion), as well as Russia (Fort Ross)....who owes THESE countries? Who is liable?......hmmmm
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-29-2007, 08:39 PM
 
8,973 posts, read 14,612,395 times
Reputation: 2983
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Why not give us more land? Mexico only had dominion over our Southwest for 27 years (1821-1848); prior to that, it broke the law by seceding from Spain. Maybe we should return our Southwest to Mexico and then hand the whole country back to Spain. Methinks the people involved would be freaked out including Spaniards.

Many countries have been ruined throughout history. Our time (the USA) will likely come in a few hundred years.

Frankly; I do not 'see' Mexico remaining intact much longer-------and, the USA may have nothing to do with its demise. Mx has some potentially fatal divisions between its relatively prosperous (and 'White' north) and the poorer indigenous states like Chiapas, etc. The last election between Calderon and Lopez Obrador laid bare that fact.
Before anything ELSE happened, the whole place belonged to the INDIANS !...Has anyone thought to telephone New Delhi? This is an outrage of the highest magnitude !....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-29-2007, 08:47 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Before anything ELSE happened, the whole place belonged to the INDIANS !...Has anyone thought to telephone New Delhi? This is an outrage of the highest magnitude !....
Hell: maybe Bobby Jindal; the governor of Louisiana could be brought in to rule Mexico. He is of 100% Indian heritage----------oops, East Indian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-29-2007, 09:00 PM
 
Location: On my way to FLA baby !!
1,999 posts, read 1,182,711 times
Reputation: 357
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Mexico has already turned over Texas, Arizona, California and New Mexico. What more shall they give us?
Handed over..... what?

Don't forget the millions that Mexico owes the US that was forgiven because they couldnt pay us. Could you imagine what those states would be like in Mexican rule?
Maybe we should just take over Mexico in exchange for them dumping their worst on us for many years.
We owe them nothing, they owe us more then ever could be repaid for the damages they have done to us and the amount of money they screwed this country out of.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-29-2007, 09:44 PM
 
3,936 posts, read 5,447,388 times
Reputation: 4151
AND, we're not through giving to Mexico! Don't forget the 1.4 billion, 8 NEW Bell helicopters, (because they complained about the old ones we had already given them) surveillance equipment, and American citizens to be sure to train them correctly on how to use it! http://www.immigrationwatchdog.com/?p=5298
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-29-2007, 10:00 PM
NCN
 
Location: NC/SC Border Patrol
21,136 posts, read 21,125,167 times
Reputation: 23163
You cannot work with people who are not law abiding. It was a great mistake that anyone here illegally was ever given amnesty. It would be a bad political move for anyone to give any more amnesty. What Americans need is relief from the burden of taking care of those who do not deserve it. These people are destroying our country and it needs to be stopped and the sooner the better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-29-2007, 10:06 PM
 
Location: Oklahoma(formerly SoCalif) Originally Mich,
13,387 posts, read 16,200,288 times
Reputation: 4611
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Mexico has already turned over Texas, Arizona, California and New Mexico. What more shall they give us?
There's no "giving" about it. We fought for it , and even gave 16 million.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-29-2007, 10:06 PM
 
Location: On my way to FLA baby !!
1,999 posts, read 1,182,711 times
Reputation: 357
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Carolina Native View Post
You cannot work with people who are not law abiding. It was a great mistake that anyone here illegally was ever given amnesty. It would be a bad political move for anyone to give any more amnesty. What Americans need is relief from the burden of taking care of those who do not deserve it. These people are destroying our country and it needs to be stopped and the sooner the better.
I really believe that it has hit home and people from everywhere are tired of it and will force changes to be made.

This is NOT a political issue folks, you either are for it or against it.

The only way we can see changes made is to do something about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-29-2007, 10:18 PM
 
Location: Oklahoma(formerly SoCalif) Originally Mich,
13,387 posts, read 16,200,288 times
Reputation: 4611
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Carolina Native View Post
You cannot work with people who are not law abiding. It was a great mistake that anyone here illegally was ever given amnesty. It would be a bad political move for anyone to give any more amnesty. What Americans need is relief from the burden of taking care of those who do not deserve it. These people are destroying our country and it needs to be stopped and the sooner the better.
In order to fix a problem, you have to illimunate the cause first. That's why Amnesty will never work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top