Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2007, 10:25 PM

194 posts, read 463,819 times

Advertisements

Racism, it's not just for white folks anymore!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2007, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
Thoughs who call us "racist's" are the one's with a guilty concience.

Cheeto:
It's obvious that you Know nothing about the date "1986", and if you think Illegals are "all" good people, hard workers and only came here to work, you know nothing about what's going today.

So I think you better take a look at this.

This is not some video thrown together,,,,,,,this is reality.
http://www.wehategringos.com/index2.shtml (broken link)
I watched the video, that's like showing a black guy a video of a clan rally and saying "see that's what ALL white people think". Condoning deportation of 10 to 20 million people living in this country will surely add salt to these wounds, I think amnesty is a far more peaceful, less turbulent solution. The whole plan in 1986 would've worked, but employers still hired under the radar, and our borders still remained leaky. I'm just saying instead of targeting the immigrants themselves, look within our own flawed laws and borders to find a solution. But trying to deport millions of people is just wrong and will lead to mass chaos and tense relations here in my beloved country and I don't condone it. I'm pro-amnesty IMO it's the only realistic solution.

Old 12-28-2007, 11:09 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,421,922 times
That's right, the 1986 amnesty didn't work because the main source was excluded.
Without illimunating the main source, the samething is going to happen.

Giving amnesty to illegals is no different than exonerating a convicted known child molester.

I condone deportation to "any" and "all" persons that knowingly came into this country ILLEGALLY. No matter what race, creed, color, religion or what direction they came from. There here ILLEGALLY and do not deserve to be rewarded for it.
If a citizen breaks the law, that person is punished, no exceptions. This is no different.
Illegal is Illegal and the Law is the Law.

If deporting Illegals is going pinch your pocket book, that's just too damn bad.
Play follow the leader.

Old 12-28-2007, 11:35 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,555,982 times
I'm having a difficult time comprehending the rationale behind granting amnesty to illegal aliens. As mentioned, it didn't work before, and it won't work today. Rewarding any behavior; be it good or bad, generally results in a repetition of said behavior.

Amnesty is not the answer. Securing our borders (armed troops if necessary), and enforcing our laws, will make a difference. If there is no illegal work, and no tax-funded benefits, illegals will leave. This is precisely why they are leaving areas that are enforcing the law. If every state followed suite, there would be no refuge in this country.

Old 12-28-2007, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
That's right, the 1986 amnesty didn't work because the main source was excluded.
Without illimunating the main source, the samething is going to happen.

Giving amnesty to illegals is no different than exonerating a convicted known child molester.

I condone deportation to "any" and "all" persons that knowingly came into this country ILLEGALLY. No matter what race, creed, color, religion or what direction they came from. There here ILLEGALLY and do not deserve to be rewarded for it.
If a citizen breaks the law, that person is punished, no exceptions. This is no different.
Illegal is Illegal and the Law is the Law.

If deporting Illegals is going pinch your pocket book, that's just too damn bad.
Play follow the leader.
Hopping a fence to work and betraying the trust of an innocent child is hardly a rational comparison.

Old 12-28-2007, 11:43 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,426,246 times
I don't believe in REWARDING people who break the law. I don't care what color you are or race.

If your coming here illegally, stealing other peoples ID to work, thats against the law. I would think the people guilty of these offenses would be glad to be allowed to go back to their country of origin rather then being prosecuted and sent to jail for fraud, identity theft and who knows what else.

Come here legally, follow the laws once your here and its all good. Don't expect a reward for throwing the rules down the drain.

Old 12-28-2007, 11:46 PM

2,260 posts, read 3,880,345 times
Who says we have to deport 20 million illegals. Were just going to take our jobs back and means tested benefits away from them and they will return to there homelands.

Old 12-29-2007, 12:15 AM

1,999 posts, read 1,661,654 times
I would be willing to spend the billions needed to deport every illegal no matter where they are from and build a bigger better wall around the Mexico border.
I am not racist at all and have an opinion inwhich those who call us who are against illegals seem to use only as an excuse.
They are bankrupting our schools, hospitals and bringing diseases to our kids that we were able to beat many years ago.
The difference is if we had a wave of Canadians come here they would not cause the problems the mexicans are causing us all. They would not be breaking laws and carrying Mexican flags in MY streets.

The difference is Canadians respect our laws and our country, the majority of Mexicans do not.

Its not the matter of who they are, it is a matter of what they have done when they come here. Let the record be known that you smply will not find Canadians or other countries sending in people who continually break other countries laws. Many Canadians who I know have came here want to be Americans, not Canadians trying to force their society on us.

You as an American are NOT allowed to carry an American flag in Mexico, you have to wait in line to get any jobs as they go to Mexicans first and you are NOT allowed to SPONGE of the Mexican government.

I think we need to take over the country of Mexico and turn it into an asset since we are taking care of all their. It has allot of potential and for the life of me I cannot see how they cannot be a good country with huge assets.
And to think Mexico owed us billions of dollars and we allowed them to go away without paying. Now they are draining our society and our citizens from what is ours.

You state you really dont want to see out taxes go to waste deporting them all...... wake up, our taxes are being used to feed and take care of them, our taxes are trying to keep our hospitals and schools going. We are losing the battle and it is time we stop it NOW. We cannot afford them anymore and Americans need the jobs back they have taken.

My No. 1 issue for any election from now on is not the economy, not jobs, not housing, not healthcare, not the war.......It's is who is willing to stand up and deport ALL illegals, build the wall and who will fight to stop the law that allows anyone who is born here to become automatic citizens.

Gosh, I know this is a sore topic but I cannot take it anymore.

Those of us who do not want illegals here are NOT racist people. ITS THE FREAKIN LAW !!!

Ohh by they way, anyone flying a Mexican flag in our cities and buring an American flag should be shot on the spot, no questions asked. End of story.

Its time to take a stand.

Old 12-29-2007, 06:09 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,908,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheeto View Post
I'm so sick of hearing people bash illegals for being here, then turn around and say that they are against amnesty. What's YOUR solution? waisting taxpayers money to find and deport these people just to have half of them return through our leaky borders? Is that your final answer??? C'mon people you're kidding yourselves if you think the solution is that simple. Not to mention, I whole heartedly suspect that most of you are racist, wether you want to admit it or not. If our country was being flooded by illegal Canadians, I doubt we'd see a fraction of the backlash that we do now!! (granted they were white) The sad thing is most of these people come here to work and escape their country's corrupt governments, call me crazy, but wasn't that why our country was founded in the first place?? Give them amnesty so they can pay into the system like the rest of us. Nearly all these people are here to work just like us!! People like to associate illegals with gangs and crime, when the truth is that's a homegrown problem that started way before now (ever heard of the mafia or see "West Side Story"). Maybe if we treated our neighbors with a little more hospitality, they would work harder to learn the language and assimilate, but who wants to be a team player on a team that treats you like the competition. Sorry, but amnesty is the only REAL solution.Waisting my tax money to deport all these hard working people is ridiculous. We could use that money to better secure our borders and stop the contraband thats been coming through for years. Wake up America, we have a lot worse things to worry about than people coming here to support their families. With half the world wanting to blow us off the map, turning our backs on our nieghbors in need is the most un-American thing we can do. I say make em citizens and keep the American dream alive!!
your plan will kill the american dream!!

Old 12-29-2007, 06:30 AM

902 posts, read 717,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tioga7 View Post
Unbelievable.
Not at all. The pro-illegal people rationalize anything and everything when it comes to the criminals they love.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration