U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2007, 07:08 PM

9,742 posts, read 9,097,253 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by article
Antonio, a waiter at a North Texas restaurant, was an accountant in Mexico. He and his wife thought they could make more money in Texas, so they came illegally.
I found this quote interesting.

I've been trying to tell the bleeding-hearts that illegal immigrants are not "victims who would otherwise starve to death," but nobody listens. Sadly, I don't expect any amount of evidence will change their minds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2007, 07:11 PM

902 posts, read 509,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
I found this quote interesting.

I've been trying to tell the bleeding-hearts that illegal immigrants are not "victims who would otherwise starve to death," but nobody listens. Sadly, I don't expect any amount of evidence will change their minds.
They know the truth but just don't want to admit it because it is one of the LIES that they like to use to try and make people feel guilty.

Old 12-29-2007, 07:17 PM

3,936 posts, read 5,463,947 times
If only the media would cover the sad plight of our own poor, hungry,homeless citizens the way they cover the illegals, something might get done!

Old 12-29-2007, 09:30 PM

3,081 posts, read 6,624,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess5 View Post
By the year 2020, Hispanics will be the majority in Texas.
I thought they already were?

Old 12-29-2007, 09:38 PM

3,936 posts, read 5,463,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JVTX72 View Post
I thought they already were?
I read that in the article. I just had to repeat it out loud to believe it. Sad, scary.

Old 12-29-2007, 09:59 PM

16,248 posts, read 20,684,015 times
The most telling part of the article:
Marty owns a North Texas construction company. He has come to view American workers as undependable, lazy and arrogant, while he finds illegal immigrants motivated and reliable.

"I'd rather employ them than Americans," he confides. "In my line of work, I need the Mexicans, and I am for them being here. I need them because I can't find anybody else to do the work."

I agree

Old 12-29-2007, 10:58 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,861,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
The most telling part of the article:
Marty owns a North Texas construction company. He has come to view American workers as undependable, lazy and arrogant, while he finds illegal immigrants motivated and reliable.

"I'd rather employ them than Americans," he confides. "In my line of work, I need the Mexicans, and I am for them being here. I need them because I can't find anybody else to do the work."

I agree
Each time I hear a comment such as this; I am reminded of the mantra of the plantation owners during slavery. They also whined that they couldn't possibly survive without their free slave labor. It is pure greed. However, these business owners are not only greedy; they are first, and foremost, traitors.

Old 12-30-2007, 01:47 AM

25 posts, read 26,473 times
Thank God America no longer looks like Mayberry RFD.

Qu'est-ce qu'ils sont cons, les amerloques!

Old 12-30-2007, 07:31 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,721,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by specultr View Post

Talk about irony here: I am first generation US born on my father's side; the idyllic lifestyle depicted on Mayberry resonates with me.

If I need my barrio 'fix'; any 'White Trash' enclave supplies it. I am White, BTW.

Old 12-30-2007, 11:17 AM

16,248 posts, read 20,684,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by specultr View Post

Did you know that Floyd the Barber was an illegal immigrant in Mayberry? He was! His parents illgeally came from Ireland when he was a child which is why he talks funny with that choppy accent. But nobody complains about it because he works hard, runs his business and, if Andy ever arrested him and turned him over to INS, nobody else in Mayberry would cut hair as cheap and as good as Floyd does.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or