Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2008, 09:00 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,391,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatbasinguide View Post
Legal is simply the decision of a particular group of bureaucrats on a particular day. Since the politicians legally bought and paid for by the large corporations have no particular problem with hordes of illegals, it appears to me like those of your ilk are essentially spitting into the wind.
Yeap, legal IS "simply the decision of a particular group"... but it's LEGISLATORS, not bureaucrats, that make that decision. And legislators love staying in power over allegiance to any particular donor or cause.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatbasinguide
Breath Free is a powerful opiate. The classic No Nothing feels that right applies to white protestants, not dark catholics. In Nevada one August a group of Italian Carbonari struck for higher wages, they were shot down in what came to be known as the Charcoal war. They were shot down because they were dark Catholic. The more things change, the more they stay the same.
Lol, do you and your ilk all read the same garbage? Bringing up the "know nothings" is now quite in vogue.

Quote:
The men who run the giant multinational companies find those who support nation state patriotism a bothersome relic of the 19th and 20th centuries.
The only thing I'm looking forward to becoming "relics of the 19th and 20th centuries" are useless Western fruit farms once they can no longer hire slave labor and are fined out of business.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2008, 09:18 PM

1,904 posts, read 2,439,108 times
Quote:
The only thing I'm looking forward to becoming "relics of the 19th and 20th centuries" are useless Western fruit farms once they can no longer hire slave labor and are fined out of business.
Some times people show what they don't know by what they say. I see the term slave labor used in regard to labor. You don't understand apparently that somewhere over half the work crews in the fields are US citizens, and most assuredly do not work for slave wages. This statement does not reflect well upon your reasoning skils
Quote:
useless Western fruit farms
Of course if your think your food comes from stores, like many city people do, I can understand why you would post that.

Old 01-01-2008, 09:24 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,391,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatbasinguide View Post
Some times people show what they don't know by what they say. I see the term slave labor used in regard to labor. You don't understand apparently that somewhere over half the work crews in the fields are US citizens, and most assuredly do not work for slave wages. This statement does not reflect well upon your reasoning skils
Impossible. Americans simply don't show up to do field work.

And you're going to start having to think outside the field labor box. I know working on a farm can bring an insular perspective, where you start thinking the world operates like a farm, but it's not JUST about "farm labor."

Quote:
Of course if your think your food comes from stores, like many city people do, I can understand why you would post that.
I'd prefer my food come from overseas if necessary. At least then when the landowners are exploiting third world workers for personal gain, they do it on their own soil.

Old 01-02-2008, 09:43 AM

1,904 posts, read 2,439,108 times
We have a problem, I stated about half the field workers are American Citizens. That is a fact,

You return with a statement, "Impossible. Americans simply don't show up to do field work."

In other words, you called me a liar.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration