U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2014, 04:17 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,286,582 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
That is what i do not understand.

Mexico is 100 times worse than Cuba,so how come Cubans can stay but not Mexicans?

Mexico is more violent than Cuba these days,esp with the drug lords.
Uh; many places in the US are real nasty too, it's not like all of Mexico's messed up. IMHO putting illegal aliens, even asylum seekers into camps under lock and key WILL stop most immigration from LatAm and so on cold. Australia does that and it's time to do things that way here in the US.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2014, 02:21 AM

8,856 posts, read 10,315,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
That is what i do not understand.

Mexico is 100 times worse than Cuba,so how come Cubans can stay but not Mexicans?

Mexico is more violent than Cuba these days,esp with the drug lords.
Cubans have been coming here for a long time. They tend to vote Republican. There's your answer.

Old 10-11-2014, 02:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Neither country is facing a lot of rampant violence. Many areas are safe. In the case of Mexicans and Cubans they are simply seeking economic opportunities. Well, sorry but we have no refugee status for that nor should we since we have so many unemployed of our own. Our generous welfare handouts are a big reason they want to come to the U.S. also.
We do for Cubans. They make it here in a blow up boat, they can stay.

Old 10-11-2014, 06:40 AM

31,488 posts, read 14,573,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
We do for Cubans. They make it here in a blow up boat, they can stay.
Isn't that what I said? I am quite aware what Cubans do to get here but we need to end "wet foot, dry foot". They are now coming here for economic opportunities just as those from south of our border are. Sorry, but we have no refugee status for that nor should we.

Old 10-11-2014, 09:03 AM

Wet foot dry foot.

The "wet" Cubans will be sent back to Cuba; the ones who land in the US, "dry foot" are allowed to stay.

Old 10-11-2014, 01:05 PM

1,250 posts, read 1,080,491 times
No, no, no! I don't care how bad their life is back home. It is not our duty.

Old 10-12-2014, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Isn't that what I said? I am quite aware what Cubans do to get here but we need to end "wet foot, dry foot". They are now coming here for economic opportunities just as those from south of our border are. Sorry, but we have no refugee status for that nor should we.
Yes, you did. I apologize. It's frustrating to me that it's fine for them to come here because the US has a long standing issue with Cuba and I jumped in. Sorry. One of the issues that bothers me is that the Republican party accepted Cubans because the ones that made it here earlier tended to be the wealthier Cubans (not the boatlift people) who then became very important to the party in Florida voting wise. That was fine then, but not so much now. Hypocrisy bugs me.

Old 10-12-2014, 07:42 AM

31,488 posts, read 14,573,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
Yes, you did. I apologize. It's frustrating to me that it's fine for them to come here because the US has a long standing issue with Cuba and I jumped in. Sorry. One of the issues that bothers me is that the Republican party accepted Cubans because the ones that made it here earlier tended to be the wealthier Cubans (not the boatlift people) who then became very important to the party in Florida voting wise. That was fine then, but not so much now. Hypocrisy bugs me.
Don't know what you mean that only the Republican party was/is accepting of Cubans. "Wet foot, dry foot" was a policy set by the congress and president at the time many years ago. Can you prove what you are asserting here? Besides, isn't it better to allow people in here that aren't poor and destitute rather than those who will be a burden to our country rather than a benefit? Just what is the hypocricy here? What about this administration (Democrats) that are pandering to Hispanic-Americans for their votes via an amnesty when we all know if these illegal aliens ever become citizens they will vote Democrat also. Isn't that the same thing?

Old 10-12-2014, 08:38 AM

20,310 posts, read 18,884,971 times
It is time to end the wet foot dry foot deal. It's also time to end the senseless embargo of Cuba.

Old 10-12-2014, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
It is time to end the wet foot dry foot deal. It's also time to end the senseless embargo of Cuba.
Agreed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or