U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2007, 02:56 PM

1,999 posts, read 1,184,622 times

Advertisements

Thanks for the person who gave me a negative because they thought I was advocating violence. Give me a break.

Do you have a better solution? Do you think you could march in Mexico carrying an American flag and yell long live America? No, what would happen to you. I know... you would be shot down.

People who break laws have to pay the price and if this continues we need to do something and the only solution is get a military involved.

Illegals cannot continue to be allowed to march in the streets of America.

What do you think they are advocating?

Old 12-30-2007, 04:02 PM

3,712 posts, read 5,713,217 times
I say let them march! Point them in a southerly direction and tell them to keep marching until they hit Mexico City.

Old 12-30-2007, 04:22 PM

16,248 posts, read 20,604,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
When someone brings up "bigotry" and "racism" -- they really should not be a bigot themselves.

KevK:

Detroit, New Orleans and Gary Indiana should not be on your schedule unless your schedule includes a stop at the local emergency room (if you are lucky) or the local morgue (if you are not). If you want to see Detroit, see it from a distance. Stay across the river in Windsor.

KevK:

Let me ask you this- would you consider a stroll through Bagdhad or Anbar Iraq to be a good idea? Well both are actually safer than most of Detroit is! If you go into Detroit, stick to the downtown area only and then only in the daytime. Be out when the sun sets! And if you have to stay overnight, stay in a safe area like Royal Oak or even WIndsor Canada. DO NOT stay in Detroit proper.

Should i cancel it ?

KevK:

Detroit is a dump and very dangerous. Whole neighbourhoods are abandoned with animals running wild and piles of trash all over the place. Houses and buildings sit empty and open to the world. Some abandoned for 20 years! Homeless people, criminals and drug addicts roam the streets day and night preying upon each other and anybody else that dares wonder in. It is honestly as I said- New Orleans without the hurricane. So it does not surprise me to hear that it is the most dangerous. I knew that it would be first in that category or a close second to New Orleans.

Detroit Officially the Most Dangerous City

So KevK -- you really hate your fellow Americans so much? You seem very bigotted -- and should not be trying to call the kettle black.
None of my post contain any words about the racial orgin of anybody. I have only spoke the truth with reagard to Detroit and New Orleans. Both of them are dangerous dumps- the latter through no fault of its own. There are many cities in the country that are either majority black or ran by black administrations. Atlanta, Kansas City, St Louis, Wichita KS just to name a few. These places are as different from Detroit and New Orleans as you can be. So don't make my post out to be anything but the truth they are. Some places and some people are bad, most are not. In fact, maybe the Mexicans can rebuild Detroit and make it a real city again... now there is an IDEA!

Old 12-30-2007, 04:25 PM

17,281 posts, read 24,975,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK
In fact, maybe the Mexicans can rebuild Detroit and make it a real city again... now there is an IDEA!
And your hope for THAT is based on what? Shining examples of well-run cities in Mexico?

Old 12-30-2007, 04:39 PM

902 posts, read 506,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridabound09 View Post
Thanks for the person who gave me a negative because they thought I was advocating violence. Give me a break.

Do you have a better solution? Do you think you could march in Mexico carrying an American flag and yell long live America? No, what would happen to you. I know... you would be shot down.

People who break laws have to pay the price and if this continues we need to do something and the only solution is get a military involved.

Illegals cannot continue to be allowed to march in the streets of America.

What do you think they are advocating?
Sorry that happened to you. The pro-illegal crowd that posts in here, and there are a number of them, love to give neg reps because they disagree with a post. Hell, they gave me one and told me to be more respectful, all the while they call us names and advocate violence for their side.

Old 12-30-2007, 04:49 PM

447 posts, read 706,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Hopefully the Mexicans will start to fight back against bigotry and demand earned amnesty. The marches last year were very effective and we need to see more of them this year. I will march with the Mexicans so that they can gain their rightful places in the USA. Racism must NOT be allowed to win!
i have to comment on this thread.
i do not have anything against hispanics, myself, some of my very best friends are hispanic or latino, whatever the pc word is nowaday....
this issue on immigration , legal and illegal ,is not about race to the american truly interested in protecting america's borders from anyone entering illegally, no matter the country of origin, or the color of skin...
go ahead, give america away to anyone who invades her...no thanks...no way!!!!
i have seen this many times on this forum, someone playing the race card, pointing fingers at true patriots, willing to defend their country.
march with the illegals, if you like, it is your right to assemble.
my forefathers have fought and died for you to have that right...no illegal has.

as for me......these colors...red white and blue...do not run...
i say it as i see it...and the only racism i see here is the fact the hispanic illegal from mexico threw their hat in the ring demanding immigrants rights due to race but only for their own race...did anyone see them demanding rights for the swedish illegal? i didnt.... they came into this fight spitting in everybodys face, ignoring immigration law...
no sympathy here.

Old 12-30-2007, 04:50 PM

17,281 posts, read 24,975,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozark-Baby View Post
Sorry that happened to you. The pro-illegal crowd that posts in here, and there are a number of them, love to give neg reps because they disagree with a post. Hell, they gave me one and told me to be more respectful, all the while they call us names and advocate violence for their side.
I got one (negative rep) just the other day that simply said, "oh shut up."

Of course, they never leave their SN when they do it.....

Old 12-30-2007, 04:51 PM

447 posts, read 706,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
Good idea. The last marches really pissed everyone off, so if they do it again right before election time that would be perfect to get the attention of voters and wake up the rest of America to this problem. I'll be the guy on the sidewalk lighting Mexcian flags on fire and returning their disrespect for my country's flag.

have to spread reps around, so i thought...hey...why not...maybe a bit extreme...but i'm with you.

Old 12-30-2007, 04:58 PM

902 posts, read 506,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
I got one (negative rep) just the other day that simply said, "oh shut up."

Of course, they never leave their SN when they do it.....
Yes but if you check the time and the post it was for you can most of the time figure out who gave it to you. Not all of the time of course, but many times because they are stupid and either post just before they give the neg rep or just after they post.

Old 12-30-2007, 05:07 PM

1,999 posts, read 1,184,622 times
To give someone a negative just because you are in disagreement tells me something about the person leaving it. Guess they think it will hurt you in some way so it is there way to get back at you or something.

I see the libs on this board and their postings, heck, they do the same on the other political boards... all they know how to do is attack you for what you believe in, but you better not go after them for their beliefs.

No wonder I will never be a lib. I grew up in a lib family and my dad when I was in school thought Jimmy Carter was the greatest thing on earth. I am glad I am now on the right side of the track, altough I will jump the fence on CERTAIN issues, but not many.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration