U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-11-2014, 05:10 PM
 
31,458 posts, read 14,559,147 times
Reputation: 8346

Advertisements

Two Guatemalan asylum seekers, age 16 and 17, escaped a detention facility in Des Plaines, Illinois, and committed a carjacking
They then drove 165 miles to Moline, Illinois, where they carjacked a 91-year-old Navy veteran
They were arrested 80 miles away outside Iowa City, Iowa
The teens were housed at a federal program for children who cross the US-Mexico border and claimed asylum
More than 60,000 children poured across the border from Central America this summe


Two Guatemalan teens 'walk away' from Illinois detention center | Daily Mail Online

I don't consider 16 and 17 year olds as children and there were many more that crossed our border that were within that age group.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-11-2014, 05:13 PM
 
Location: Carmichael, CA
1,933 posts, read 2,726,978 times
Reputation: 2922
If they'd been born here they'd be called try-them-as-adult thugs. But instead, they're precious, poor children that need our help.

Right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-11-2014, 05:16 PM
 
20,611 posts, read 12,278,864 times
Reputation: 5895
Losers.

Low lifes like that DON'T help the cause for amnesty for illegal aliens, especially of the Dream Act "kids".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-11-2014, 08:28 PM
 
11,473 posts, read 5,504,092 times
Reputation: 9856
From the article:

Illinois welcomed the minors with open arms, with Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel saying he wanted 1,000 more kids brought to his city.

I think that they should be housed with Rahm. Oh wait...Rahm will welcome them "with open arms" as long as they don't live in his neighborhood!

This sanctuary state is reaping what it sowed. It serves the low information voters in Illinois right for voting these bleeding hearts into office. I feel bad for the intelligent voters in Illinois. This must really be depressing for them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-11-2014, 09:39 PM
 
235 posts, read 226,763 times
Reputation: 845
As if Chicago doesn't have enough degenerate gang members as it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-11-2014, 10:43 PM
 
25,060 posts, read 22,101,322 times
Reputation: 11576
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Two Guatemalan asylum seekers, age 16 and 17, escaped a detention facility in Des Plaines, Illinois, and committed a carjacking
They then drove 165 miles to Moline, Illinois, where they carjacked a 91-year-old Navy veteran
They were arrested 80 miles away outside Iowa City, Iowa
The teens were housed at a federal program for children who cross the US-Mexico border and claimed asylum
More than 60,000 children poured across the border from Central America this summe


Two Guatemalan teens 'walk away' from Illinois detention center | Daily Mail Online

I don't consider 16 and 17 year olds as children and there were many more that crossed our border that were within that age group.
Doesn't matter what you consider them. If they are under 18, they are still minors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-11-2014, 10:51 PM
 
20,611 posts, read 12,278,864 times
Reputation: 5895
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Doesn't matter what you consider them. If they are under 18, they are still minors.
Uh; they CAN still be tried as adults. They're def old enough. Too; they can also be nailed for curfew violations IF those laws apply where they did their hood rat stuff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-12-2014, 07:31 AM
 
31,458 posts, read 14,559,147 times
Reputation: 8346
One of my concerns is that coming from a corrupt environment that there are many more of these Central American "kids" that came here claiming asylum with no respect for laws. Obviously they had no parents or family here or they would have been placed with them. So what kind of parents do they have back in the homeland?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-12-2014, 08:55 AM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,878,727 times
Reputation: 6517
Just 2 honest hard working immigrants trying to live the American dream. Surely we can open our hearts to these unfortunate youths.
This is exactly why we need to enforce our immigration laws and make every single immigrant go through an in-depth background check. You know like we do to those we allow to immigrate legally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-12-2014, 09:55 AM
 
31,458 posts, read 14,559,147 times
Reputation: 8346
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Just 2 honest hard working immigrants trying to live the American dream. Surely we can open our hearts to these unfortunate youths.
This is exactly why we need to enforce our immigration laws and make every single immigrant go through an in-depth background check. You know like we do to those we allow to immigrate legally.
This claim of being a refugee and needing asylum is probably bogus for most of them anyway. We certainly shouldn't be allowing them into our country without health checks first and should be quarantined if they have a communicable desease and then go on to posing a burden on our cities and states in the form of education, healthcare and housing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top