U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2007, 09:35 AM

902 posts, read 505,812 times

Advertisements

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKMgPN_ZRPA - 5 min

It's interesting that Sean Hannity's report keeps referring to Mexicans who swim across the Rio Grande to avoid detection by the Border Patrol as "immigrants." I think I heard the term "immigrants" over a dozen times as the video showed illegals floating in the river or being arrested by law enforcement officers. Shame on the mainstream media for obfuscating the difference between immigrants and illegal entrants and enemy combatants -- and then showing Border Patrol officers in handcuffs so as to suggest that they are criminals. Even our Mexican puppet government considers the testimony of illegal entrants to be more trustworthy than that of Border Patrol officers, interestingly. Is there some kind of prejudice there?

One final comment, it's amusing that Fox News warns the viewer that the images are "graphic." Are there images that aren't graphic?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2007, 04:27 PM

447 posts, read 706,092 times
love your point...kept alot speechless, it seems.
kudos....

Old 12-30-2007, 07:27 PM

1,999 posts, read 1,183,306 times
I watched the video and for the life of me cannot figure out why the helicopter in the sky didnt not give a warning to swim back or be shot.

The helicopter should have a machine gun on hand and give a fair warning to swim back, if they continue to swim this way, time to open fire.

If they want to kill and harm our border patrol the only way to end it is start shooting.

Please no one jump in and say we should not be shooting the poor illegals. Our guys have their hands tied behind their backs in the situation and that is not fair.

Time to patrol the borders will helicopters with machine guns, I know it is a strong statement but I am sick of our border partol people getting killed and hurt.

Old 12-30-2007, 07:39 PM

1,900 posts, read 1,707,816 times
Don't feel so bad for them 40 percent of them are those Mexican vermin Ya'll complain about.
Quote:
When Sara G. Guzman, a United States Border Patrol agent, tells her father about chasing illegal aliens through the canyons and scrub along this stretch of rusty frontier fence with Mexico, he says in Spanish: "Yes, I remember. I used to cross there."

Ms. Guzman, an immigrant from Mexico, stakes out the same hillsides here, south of San Diego, where her father clambered illegally into the United States over the years before becoming a legal resident in 1978. She detains mostly people like him, Mexican, but also Central American, and almost always poor: people looking for hope and opportunity in the agricultural fields and construction gangs of California.

It is just one of the many conflicts faced by Hispanic Border Patrol agents -- both American-born and naturalized United States citizens -- who together make up 40 percent of the agency's force. Though Hispanic agents are valued by the Border Patrol for enforcing United States immigration laws and their frequent Spanish language fluency, they are reviled by many in their own community as traitors and are cajoled by illegal aliens they capture with entreaties of cross-border brotherhood.

"Aliens try the guilt trip: 'How can you do this to your own people?' " said Ms. Guzman, who eventually moved legally to California from central Mexico with her family and then became a United States citizen 11 years ago. "After that it's, 'I have nothing in Mexico. You ought to know how things are down there.'

Old 12-30-2007, 07:45 PM

1,210 posts, read 1,036,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridabound09 View Post
I watched the video and for the life of me cannot figure out why the helicopter in the sky didnt not give a warning to swim back or be shot.

The helicopter should have a machine gun on hand and give a fair warning to swim back, if they continue to swim this way, time to open fire.

If they want to kill and harm our border patrol the only way to end it is start shooting.

Please no one jump in and say we should not be shooting the poor illegals. Our guys have their hands tied behind their backs in the situation and that is not fair.

Time to patrol the borders will helicopters with machine guns, I know it is a strong statement but I am sick of our border partol people getting killed and hurt.
No, I would never say we should not be shooting the poor illegals..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or