Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2007, 01:51 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choctaw2 View Post
That's strange, My GrandSIL is US born Full blood Mexican whose Ancestors were here 300 years ago when Albuquerque was established. He works in the sheet metal Heat and air industry, he says the exact oppisite of the above quote. Working mostly installing on new construction he runs into many illegal workers who either do not show up for work for various reasons, take long lunches,come back drunk, or just don't come back at all until the next day, Making them 50% less productive than legal and natural citizens who do the same work. And they (the illegals) are able to hold on to that job.

But the legal and natural citizens will lose their jobs if they are not there on time, take long lunches etc, etc. But that rarely if ever happens because the legals and natural citizens know where they stand with the boss and are resposible workers who want desperatly to hold on to their jobs.

OTOH The illegals also know where they stand with the boss and know they can do as the please because if they do lose their jobs, they can always go on wellfare, live off the country they have invaded. Just so you know, some of these illegal workers are not just Mexicans, they all have the same outlook. America is the land of oppertunity. They have it made with or without a job.
And; I dare anyone throw the race card against the above poster, she is at least 1/2 Native American Indian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2007, 01:55 PM

Location: Finally escaped The People's Republic of California
11,314 posts, read 8,655,857 times
First of all, the Mexican population in the adjacent states will go through the roof.
Those will be next Dominoes

Secondly the people in the cities will be paying double when they go to McDonalds or Burger King and may even find the drive thru closed
Funny, but when I went Thru Ashland, Oregon the other day, I stopped at a Mc' Donalds with all American kids working there, they seemed happy, spoke english, and got my order right the first time, they even said Sir, and Thank You...

Housing cost will go sky high because there are no Mexican labourers to build them anymore
Housing cost won't go up, the builder's profit might go down though.

And you might get a phone call one day and be told to come and pick up granny from the local nursing home
NOt really, you see most of these jobs require some education which the illegals don't bring to the table.

Americans often do not show up for work or show up drunk, take smoke breaks all day and complain about the heat. And they are 30% less productive than the Mexicans the company used to employ.
Yeah right, that's why America has the largest GNP in the world and Mexico is a third world country

Old 12-30-2007, 04:39 PM

2,010 posts, read 2,371,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Oklahoma may think that these news laws are going to work in it favour but we will see. First of all I seriously doubt they will ever even be enforced but let's pretend that they are and the Mexicans flee the state in droves.
Do you watch the news? This is already happening. The laws ARE being enforced and the illegals are self deporting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK
First of all, the Mexican population in the adjacent states will go through the roof.
Also already happening, and those states are pissed and following suit with Oklahoma.

Quote:
Next, the farmers will be the first to complain about the fact that they cannot find any harvest help and that the crops will rot in the fields prompting a doubling or more the price of things grown in Oklahoma.
Haven't heard ANY evidence of this.

Quote:
Secondly the people in the cities will be paying double when they go to McDonalds or Burger King and may even find the drive thru closed because the industry cannot find enough help and the help it does find is being paid $12 or more an hour so they can keep employees.
Never going to happen. Guess what, not everywhere in America has illegals, and fast food places do just fine with the help of teenage AMERICANS, the people who did these jobs since fast food places were invented, and before the illegal invasion. More pro-illegal BS.

Quote:
Housing cost will go sky high because there are no Mexican labourers to build them anymore and- should you need a new roof or siding- it is now going to cost you triple what it did last year because the roofers have had to double pay scales to attract Americans and the Americans often do not show up for work or show up drunk, take smoke breaks all day and complain about the heat. And they are 30% less productive than the Mexicans the company used to employ.
This is the most racist, totally inaccurate load of BS I have ever heard. First of all, LOOK AROUND. Housing prices are plummeting everywhere. Second of all, saying Americans are lazy and don't do as good a job as Mexicans is not only complete BS, but is completely racist. Most illegals I've seen don't have a damn clue what they're doing, and I have cousins who do roofing that I'll put against any group of illegals you want, and my cousins will do it FASTER and BETTER, just not CHEAPER. HOW DARE YOU SAY AMERICANS ARE INFERIOR TO ILLEGAL MEXICANS!!!

The pro-illegal argument is just BS propaganda. Americans will do any of these so called jobs no one wants, our country will not shut down, and all AMERICANS will benefit from the removal of this corrupt pro-illegal agenda. And you couldn't be more wrong, Oklahoma will be a prime example of what will happen when Americans step up and take this country back.

Old 12-30-2007, 04:45 PM

902 posts, read 718,192 times
Of course it is racist. The boy is as racist and bigoted as they come and hates the citizens of this country.

The food at the fast food places will not double and that is nothing but pure BS. If the prices doubles then people would stop eating there and they can't afford that. No different than the idiotic doom and gloom they like to tell people about the price of lettuce and tomatoes and such as that. The price will go up but not at the rate they say because not one of the pro-illegal idiots in here know a thing about economy.

Old 12-30-2007, 04:49 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times
Quote:
And they are 30% less productive than the Mexicans the company used to employ.
I'm tired of the condescension towards the American worker and glorification of illegal workers.

A friend of mine does some pretty gritty blue collar work - insulation installation, drywall, etc.

He told us a couple weeks ago that the Mexicans he works with take hour lunches to smoke weed, then come back on the job, stoned.

Old 12-30-2007, 04:55 PM

902 posts, read 718,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choctaw2 View Post
That's strange, My GrandSIL is US born Full blood Mexican whose Ancestors were here 300 years ago when Albuquerque was established. He works in the sheet metal Heat and air industry, he says the exact oppisite of the above quote. Working mostly installing on new construction he runs into many illegal workers who either do not show up for work for various reasons, take long lunches,come back drunk, or just don't come back at all until the next day, Making them 50% less productive than legal and natural citizens who do the same work. And they (the illegals) are able to hold on to that job.

But the legal and natural citizens will lose their jobs if they are not there on time, take long lunches etc, etc. But that rarely if ever happens because the legals and natural citizens know where they stand with the boss and are resposible workers who want desperatly to hold on to their jobs.

OTOH The illegals also know where they stand with the boss and know they can do as the please because if they do lose their jobs, they can always go on wellfare, live off the country they have invaded. Just so you know, some of these illegal workers are not just Mexicans, they all have the same outlook. America is the land of oppertunity. They have it made with or without a job.
Hell yeah!!! A family member of mine hired some temp work from an agency in Las Cruces and two Anglos and one Mexican-American showed up. Guess who wimped out before the first hour was up? Yep, it was not the Anglos at all. The illegals do terrible work when it comes to construction also. They had been caught, in Las Cruces, urinating and taking a dump and then plastering it all behind walls. People would be surprised at what they get caught doing and then they just are more careful the next time, at least some of them are anyway.

My family has told me horror stories about the Las Cruces area and the illegals and those that love them down there.

Old 01-01-2008, 09:32 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,299,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
KevK, what is it that they grow in Ok. that will rot in the fields?
Im from Oklahoma and I can answer
Wheat.....Combine harvester
Cattle...... good ole boy in a pick up truck or horse
Oil.........another good ole boy.
Cotton........combines
Pigs........several good ole boys
Chickens....a large dump truck

As you can see...........I dont think we should worry to much about crops going bad.

Hope this helps

Old 01-01-2008, 09:40 PM

608 posts, read 1,005,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Texas will come on board------and; it will be akin to Hurricane Katrina hitting the illegal immigrant community.

Heck; the tide is starting to turn over in California of all places
Speaking of Katrina... guess who is rebuilding New Orleans... ?!?!

Old 01-01-2008, 09:51 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,299,945 times
As I have a friend who lives there and to answer your question,
its a bunch of good ole boys, American all, black and white. and he is one of them so go blow it out your nose.
Its a MYTH that only the Mexicans can build a house or a road, or dig a ditch or lay a concrete drive way.
Its also a myth the Mexicans built the sky scrapers of New York, or built the victory ships that supplied WWII
Its a MYTH that all white Americans have always had others to do the manual labor. Until WWII most of white America was still on the farm.
In 1941 they went to war, and the factories, the ship yards and the fields..............
Geezzzzzzzz where do you people come up with this great myth that white America has always had a nanny to wipe our nose, wipe or butts and do our laundry.

Its a MYTH to be spread and believed by the dummies of the world.....hum...maybe thats it......how many of you are members of the Democraticunderground? That just might explain some of the twisted, illogical, warped, opinions I see posted.

Old 01-02-2008, 06:46 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonCynic View Post
Speaking of Katrina... guess who is rebuilding New Orleans... ?!?!
Yes; because many contractors hire illegal immigrants for lower wages than Americans.

Next question, please.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration